The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is getting revenge on your teammates wrong?

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I had the first chase with the Killer and lasted quite a lot time. 2+ minutes since the map had a good setup and it was a Plague (so just a standard M1 Killer at the start of the game).

The issue was that there was a Jane following me around the entire chase for the flashlight save (she was the Obsession and I had Blood Pact). I think she thought I would go down quickly but she just committed to following me around when the chase went really well wasting TONS of valuable time.

Anyway when I finally went down (due to bloodlust) the Plague had Infectious Fright, slugged me and downed the Jane that had been following me in 30 seconds. Later on in the game, the same Jane (who again could see me because of Blood Pact) interrupted my gen that I had invested my entire toolbox into at 90%.

Instead of saving Jane, I finished my gen that she interrupted, pointed at her and walked away. She died on hook. Was that wrong? Maybe but it felt damn good and everyone else escaped. Jane was a Rank 3 with a purple flashlight (kinda happy she lost her item)

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Yes in this case.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Wow, everyone else left her too? That is kind of messed up. Usually they fight tooth and nail in my games, as a killer. Guess she must have been pissing them off too.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

Case by case. If I see a Claudette hiding in the locker the whole game, I have half a mind to try and open it while she's in there in front of the killer. But if it's just normal stuff like "Man, you let me get to 2nd hook because you left the gen too late!" that's just normal stuff, mostly unintentional, and shouldn't be punished.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710

I feel the same way. I try to never treat any action the same as it depends on what a person has been doing for the entire game. Everyone makes dumb plays now and then and I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think in OP's case I would have rescued but I understand their frustration no doubt. It's incredibly annoying having someone follow you around for minutes at a time just to get that epic flashlight save. Bonus points if they end up missing it making it even more of a waste.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

In this case, yes.

Her intentions were good, she was trying to help.

If she had sandbagged you on purpose or something like that, yes, then it would have made sense to get revenge.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

You are under no obligation to rescue anyone.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Unless your teammates are actively sabotaging you (bodyblocking, drawing the killer to you, that sort of thing), you need them to survive.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133
    edited July 2021

It's far too difficult to interpret survivor plays at solo level. You just don't know why someone does what they did. They may be inexperienced or bad, but their intentions were nothing more than trying to help you.

Letting a survivor die because you made an assumption they were trying to cause your game problems says much more about how you see other survivors and your own temperment than it ever could about your team mates.

Dwight's quote: "I need you to survive so that I can survive" is the advice you need to stick by. Unless a fellow survivor is actively working with the killer or just teabagging or sandbagging you whilst you're hanging, there is no other reason to cause any griefing. Because that's what your action was, and it is a reportable offence.

• Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174

Agreed, there are just some malicious/selfish survivors out there, it urks me that some people try to reap the reward by doing nothing at all for the team. If the sink is shipping I find better joy in making sure that Claudette goes down with me.

Then consequently, The Butterfly Effect. Its all just where your ethics lay, but you may never see that Jane again, I suppose if this is something that weighs on your mind so much, you shouldnt be doing it in the first place.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I am almost solely motivated by revenge with my teammates. If two teammates who haven't been touched let the 4th person go into struggle so they can grab a crown while I'm being chased, I'm not helping them the rest of the game. They too can go into struggle on their first hook while I cleanse a dull totem.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

I actually disagree with most people here. If there's one thing I hate in this game is people following the killer with a flashlight instead of being useful and doing gens. They deserve to die.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Nope, you do you. Would have been better going up to tbag her on the hook then walking away. Just me, ok.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I hope we never be team with you. Seem like you are not good teammate. And Jane, she is perfect person. She wanted save you. And you rewarded her with leaving her die.