Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are they being selfish, or genuinely dont have the cake!?

2»

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It's not simply due to my not wanting to reward them. They way they've been playing I get ######### points. Why would I waste cakes when I know I'll likely get maybe 15k?

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

I actually like learning the killer without add-ons. I don't want to become reliant on them.

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20

I think sometimes people just don't have them. My bloodwebs aren't spawning lots of them, I keep getting anniversary medkits and toolboxes but I can go like two or three entire levels on my bloodwebs and not get a single cake.

• brwniyd
    brwniyd Member Posts: 9

I have just gone through my 6th straight bloodweb with no cake. Yesterday I went through 10 levels with no cake in my bloodweb. I don't know what the deal is?

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

I'm sorry, but I'm not bringing a cake until the sweat fest of tunneling and camping ends. This has been the worst event ever do to how people are playing, so I will reward them with what they deserve.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Why does this matter?

Of all things, why this one? I genuinely want to know.

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65

I've been leveling up all my survivors today, and most of my blood webs don't even have an event item. Cakes are like non existent 🤷🏻‍♀️

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited July 2021

This. 4x Cakes burned, Killer burns Pudding. Killer camps and tunnels people out. The Survivors make almost nothing, Killer rolls in blood points. Only five Survivors done, it'll be nice to switch to Killer.

• gammatsunami
    edited July 2021

I am finding the opposite. I am making it so clear as killer with 4-5 cakes I want to farm, and the survivors are playing sweaty as hell. I even kill zombies for them so they dont get hit, and they flashlight me and in post game chat say ëzezez lololol

Some survivors are being just are toxic. I was hoping for a few weeks of fun since I started in the silent hill chapter and have been looking forward to this event for months. I can finally start P3 some of my killers. Would have been a nice break before going back to the grind.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Yea no point wasting your cake for a game with 2 cakes max and just to be camped to death/left on hook by teammates.

Unless you are in swf and all of you using them, its wasting

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Played a match yesterday with a surv called "No cake = DC". Made my day.

If anything, the BP offerings are a good counter until they turn on penalties again.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I dont know man, I was using one every single game and it was just me using them. So why wasting my cakes for others who dont care

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to keep cakes "for when there aren't so many being used". First, it's kind of selfish, you know that a lot of people will drop cakes (so deliberately not dropping some is basically freeloading), second, economically it also doesn't make sense.

Now is the time to get cakes in your Bloodweb with Bloodpoints, use cakes to get more Bloodpoints, and use the gained Bloodpoints to get more cakes, which in turn can be used to get you even more Bloodpoints. You should understand the pattern.

I see people saying, I'm keeping them for .... It doesn't matter, the best way to progress is to spend it now. Once the event is over, of course you'll be able to use the cakes to get more Bloodpoints, but those Bloodpoints won't get you more cakes.

So again: the time to spend cakes is now (and if you don't have cakes, spend points in the bloodweb)!

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I'm not saying it makes sense or that I disagree about using them now, but that could be it.

Survivors drops rates are way lower. I'm tired of spending BP to give killers who camp and tunnel a bonus. It's why I stopped getting party streamers out of the web years ago.

And the game I just had? I'm not giving teammates like that a bonus either. Selfish, petty, sure. I'm not winning games for people who do nothing and then rewarding them with a 105% bonus.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

I was gonna ask what´s the big deal with using the cakes now as I tend to just stock up on items. Now I understand is a good moment to use them.

• violetcherries
    violetcherries Member Posts: 37

Cakes are so rare, I'd rather not bring any and just rely on my teammates to bring them. I'd hate to use the single cake offering I have just to get tunnelled and camped off the bat.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Had this today.

Who tf even uses that?!

• gammatsunami

Theyre doing it for the memes I think.

Very annoying.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

I stopped using the cakes because it only encourages killers to play like ###### so why bother

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

The spawns on these things are ridiculous.

Got 5 cakes on Jill = burned them out within a few hours and no more spawned

Got 5 on Elodie = burned them out within a few hours

Got 5 on Leon = Leveled him from 1 to 50 yesterday, got cakes every other web and got 2-3 per web from 40-50. He still has 5 left.

Some survivors run a bakery, others are totally allergic to them.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I usually bring cakes but it's getting very hard to want to bring them cause there's always somebody being greedy and using an escape cake instead of a sacrificial cake.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

I don't have cakes on all my Killers and Survivors.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Played three killer rounds this morning. I brought cakes into all 3, Got 5 cake lobbies in all of them.

Trapper up first. Looking mainly for a crown, but still tried to set up traps. The survivor who brought a map spent the entire match disabling them. Gens rushed through -- I got a safety pip and a sacrifice, but no big bloodpoints made by anyone.

Doctor up next. Four-flashlight lobby made me wonder what I was in for. Hit a Kate about 30 seconds in -- just as I'm circling a pallet ready to down her, she DC's. Immediately afterwards, a Nea (presumably their partner) DC's as well. 🤦‍♂️ I find the Claudette and down her, then run as far away as possible so the Laurie can get the unhook. I hook the Laurie, hoping the Claudette will return the favor, which she did. Found them both and smacked a gen so they could both farm, hoping desperately the two clowns who DC'ed were still watching (unfortunately, they had left to ruin someone else's game, I imagine). 5 gens later, the Claudette and Laurie are out the gates, I barely safety pipped, and I got a terrible BP total all things considered because I'm a nice guy. (No regrets, though - I'd do the same thing again).

Last match, I play as Huntress, who I'm basically just learning how to play. End up on Badham, so not a great map to work with. Survivors are pumping out gens so fast, I barely have time to move. Get a couple of downs, and I snagged a crown, but again, the gens were done insanely fast. I ended up with four healthy survivors at the exit gates who wouldn't even let me practice hatchet snipes on them they were running out so fast (and none of them looked to have gotten a crown, either). I would have been happy to farm, but everyone's BP totals were almost embarrassing low -- especially for bringing in all of the cakes -- but at least ... they got the match over in record time, I guess?

I tried to message the two PS players in that match to ask, "Why the speedrun with 5 cakes in the lobby?", but their messages were off. I made a note to self -- stop bringing in cakes, since all but one of my killer rounds since the event started with 4-5 cakes/BPS in the lobby in which I either would have been willing to farm or outright SIGNALED to the survivors that I was happy to do so, I've been greeted by speedrunners, BM'ing, or both. I sometimes had wondered why I still had numerous 4th year cakes on multiple killers -- I think I remember why now, lol.

• gammatsunami

Great post I have had similar experiences. I dont get the save them for a swf mentality. If you used them for randoms, youd have more bp to buy more cakes for the swf groups.

If the event were over itd make sense, but not during.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I havent used one cake yet, cant be rewarding people extra bp who facecamp me for no reason. I'll save them up for another time or they'll just stay in my inventory. Still haven't collected a crown either.

Im making millions upon millions of bp though, thanks community.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

For me, it’s I don’t have it on the character I’m using. My apologies. I feel bad when there are 4 cakes and I’m the asshat who brought in something lame like put the basement in the main building 🤣🤣🤣

• Eriyn
    Eriyn Member Posts: 32

i would bring cakes from 4th anniversary or bps if i dont have cakes but yesterday i had a match with 5 cakes, the oni went out with 32k bp and between the survivors it was 19-15k bp. kinda done bringing in cakes and just sticking to personal bp offerings now.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I get like 1 every 3 bloodwebs.

This is wack, such a limited event yet they cut the amount of stuff we can get compared to others.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I'm not using them because the game is running like trash on ps4. But when I play killer, I will get survivors their 5k escape bonus.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

Not at all, why are you assuming that they even have cakes? I am getting perhaps one cake each level of the Bloodweb as survivor so I don't have one for every match, it's better to use something than nothing surely?

For me, the games are going one of two ways when everyone/almost everyone brings a cake - either the killer is just farming which personally I find boring, or they are the scummiest possible and seem to want to end the game as quickly as they can by tunnelling, slugging, camping. Seems to be no middle ground where they just want to play fair/normally and give everyone the opportunity to max their points.