Wow, cakes made available to survivors is a joke

Options
SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694

I just got done leveling up Jill Valentine from level 30 to 40, and I kid you not I only came across TWO cakes! Seriously BHVR, WTH?!

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I used 1m point on Leon. And 12 cakes.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah they really don't want you playing survivor during the event do they? 😕

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

It was weird for me too. Leon got a ton, 16 cakes so far. Dwight got nothing, and Jills sucks too. Yesterday was better than today on all blood webs. How long does this event go for?

• SweetTerror
    Options

That's ridiculous. I don't prestige my characters, but I unlocked more blood webs with my Freddy, and within 10 blood webs I've already amassed 12 cakes! Like I said they really want you playing killer during this event.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

What they need is to have more than 1 or 2 spots in each bloodweb dedicated to event items. Especially seeing how they continuously add more and more different event items every year for survivor.

• AppleCinamon
    AppleCinamon Member Posts: 26
    Options

Woah, killers are catered to in this event. I sometimes get 5 cakes per blood web when playing killer. guess I'm lucky

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I spent the 500k yesterday that we got on my P3 Feng and got 11 cakes.

Every web had at least one cake except one web. I did have a few that had 2 cakes.

My P3 Feng though has every perk there is so that may be why she got more cakes - since there are no perks to take any spots on my webs.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

This whole event is a joke. I'm not saying that people should not have fun with it. However the events turn both sides into selfish kids. Killers are tunneling and slugging like crazy and survivors are just playing to be annoying.

If I'm playing killer and I see 3 cakes played. do think I'm going to go extra hard on the survivors? No because it benefits everyone if I don't. survivors on the other hand don't see it that way. Here comes the gen rush and t bag. I still get a fair chunk of blood points playing killer but it's still a pain.

When I play survivor and a cake is played I get destroyed by a sweaty killer.

If I'm killer and cakes are played I get abused by a survive with friends squad it never fails.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

I was expecting to farm like 200 cakes on my Jake but if the drop rates are this garbage I doubt its happening

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I leveled Jill Roughly 160 times, and got 104 cakes. That's about one every 1.5 levels.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

The chances are the same. Survivors got way more items/addons than Killer.

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2021
    Options

This may be just a coincidence, but I'm noticing I'm getting less cakes for my P3 characters than my P2 or P1 characters. I got 10 in like 8 blood webs for Zarina (P2 lvl 35), and 2 in 6 blood webs for Jake (P3 level 10). 🤷🏻‍♀️ the drop rates are pretty bad, some blood webs on multiple characters don't even have an event item at all.

Post edited by SassySolidSnake on
  • ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

Exactly. I have 50 cakes on my Doctor, I have 1 on any given survivor and most survivors I've played during the event so far have gained at least 5 levels with an event something in each bloodweb. Some even 10+ levels, 1 cake.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

It really is. Any dev who has played his event should see how bad it is on the survivor side lol

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

Honestly I think its the side you main because survivor mains aren't getting any cakes on there survivors and then killer mains aren't getting cakes on there killers

• Respawn
    Respawn Member Posts: 60
    Options

this is not the case with all survivors i've got 8 on Leon.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

The issue with survivor bloodwebs is they have a chance to spawn event medkits, flashlights, and cakes. Whereas killers just get cakes.

I really wish they would make it so survivors got at least 5 event item spawn per web or make it required that two of the spawns are always cakes.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Here is something odd also..on Bubba I can get 4 cakes in my web but I get on Legion and only get 1 per web.

• Gaffy
    Gaffy Member Posts: 222
    Options

Killers get max of 2 cakes per bloodweb with good luck, most of the time only one.

And we don't get event items...

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

You guys also seem to forget that survivors have a lot more in their blood webs compared to killers. Between perks, items, addons & offerings they have over 200 items.

Killers have roughly 100-110 with perks, addons, offerings.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Seemed to be fine for me when I was leveling up Laurie yesterday. I didn’t count, but I got a decent amount in between 15 levels. I got the flashlights and the toolbox and the medkits too. Seemed like every other anniversary. Maybe for y’all next character things will be better.

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 215
    Options

This is so weird that people are getting so few cakes... While they're not ABUNDANT, I've been able to gain at least 2-3 cakes after every match that has 3+ cakes in it. I started with 18 last night and after 3 hours, ended with 33 on Jill after using a cake every match.

I'm either getting extremely lucky or other players are getting extremely unlucky.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah I'm not sure how it's being doled out, but a lot of players are reporting that while some characters will get a lot, other characters will hardly get any. Personally I like to play with Jill over Leon, but given how few cakes I get with her, I'm going to have to change it to someone else or stick with killer only.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

In terms of cake drop rates it's so much better for killers. But I main survivor so am still dumping all my BP on the survivor characters because even with a 2x BP incentive it's not going to make me play more killer.

Event items are fine, but I was really hoping for more cakes :/

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

Common and Uncommon mystery boxes (brown and yellow) found in bloodwebs have a chance to drop an event cake.

Try to prioritize these when you're spending BP a little bit more than usual.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021
    Options

Level 50 bloodwebs do spawn more event stuff, but yeah, survivors should have double the number of event nodes as killers do just so they can get almost as many cakes.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I spent 2,7million on Jill and got 41 cakes ...but also a bunch of event items I will never use, yay

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,997
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yep, it seems like survivor bloodwebs have to share their limited event item slots (about 2-4) between Cakes and event Items. Meanwhile killers get nothing but cakes.

At the very least, survivors should get twice as many event drops in their webs, with maybe a 50% weight to Cakes and then 50% shared between the other event items.

• SweetTerror
    Options

I did notice that, which is nice. But sadly the cake spawns for survivor haven't increased for me so I've been playing more killer which I don't necessarily like to do given the state of matchmaking.

• SweetTerror
    Options

I think what they should do is dedicate a slot to just cakes and then the rest can be RNG.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited July 2021
    Options

I get one on my clair every other level at least. From what I have seen though everyone is ruining the event. My first survivor match was 4 cakes and the bubba was swinging at gen, swinging at pallets, so we all went to farm with him. We were memeing with him to let him know we were down to farm as well and he chainsawed all of us. As killer if 3 cakes at least are played I hook each survivor one at a time to signal I am not try harding an everyone can get points and instead of realizing that no one is in immediate danger since I'm playing that way and you have a ######### hook counter they proceed gen jockey and hide when my TR comes to close. Had 5 cake game at start of the day (played nice) and they rushed the gens, opened the gates, and left. Even worse 1 hid the whole game so I didn't even get my 4th stack. I really just hate everyone right now so I am just playing normal now. I undying/hope a group at 3 gens right after that game which sucks but no one seems to give a ######### about my points so why I care about theirs?

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah it's literally a 50/50 shot at getting a friendly killer and/or survivor. If you're playing a cake, I would be prepared to play the game normally, however if you have a different offering you want to throw up, then rely on the survivor cakes to see if you can't get them to farm with you.

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352
    Options

+1 buff survivor cakes in web.

• SweetTerror
    Options

And that's simply because cakes are the only event items that Killers have access to, whereas survivors have so much more. But this just highlights why there should be at least one node dedicated to cakes only in the blood web.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Yes I also ended up with the slightly more of cakes than i started with after a farming session with some friends, although we usually had 3-5 cakes used per game.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited July 2021
    Options

Just had a game with three survivors bring cakes and the killer brought an ebony mori and used it three times. It's kinda sad killers play like this when an event is going on.