1 surv - 120 seconds
2 Survivors 90 seconds
3 Survivors 70 seconds
4 Survivors 60 seconds

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I puked a bit in my mouth.

No matter how balanced this might be, the fun factor will drop hard.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    An extra 40 seconds per gen?

Put this in the "balance = 4k" category.

And the next big change we need is for them to delete DS. No nerf, just delete.
  • The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

@LordziPL said:
    Nerf Gen Rushing.

OLD:
    1 person - 80 sec gen
    2 Survivors 44.44 seconds
    3 Survivors 33.33 seconds
    4 Survivors 28.57 seconds

NEW:
    1 surv - 120 seconds
    2 Survivors 90 seconds
    3 Survivors 70 seconds
    4 Survivors 60 seconds

Just a little note for you: Gen Rushing just means, that you did your job as killer bad, 'cause you didn't make enough pressure for survivor. If you want to make more pressure, you need to slug or/and catch the survivor that wants to rescue, etc.
    And second: That's not solution for killer and survivor. Another kind of objective or anything else would be better.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,137

Holding down a button for longer isn't a good fix. That's not fun. Fixing generators needs to be more involved. I'm not a game developer, I don't know what to suggest, but usually in games repairing machines means finding parts, installing those parts, solving puzzles like how those parts fit together. I'm not saying that would definitely work here, but just holding a button down longer is definitely not going to make the game better.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    No
    Even more time pressing one button? Seriously, no

I'd rather be forced to look for scraps to complete gens than do this tbh. At least it would be fun since I have to actually do more than holding one button for 2min
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Sigh, holding M1 even longer? No thanks. 
    Bring solo and swf closer together and finally introduce a second objective. Done. Balance fixed.

Do you want a 2nd objective that is optional?
    Because that wouldn't fix anything.
    The survivor objective is doable to fast compared to the time it takes for the killer objective to do.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I'm pretty sure that the gens used to take 2mins to complete... they reduced the time because camping had 0 counter back then.... also like everyone else is saying.... survivors need more to do... sabo can only do so much and gen sim is already boring enough.... the only fun time survivors have is being chased.. 
  • Wolf74

@Bravo0413 said:
    I'm pretty sure that the gens used to take 2mins to complete...

Erm… let's say… I doubt that statement...

• Boss

@Bravo0413 said:
    I'm pretty sure that the gens used to take 2mins to complete... they reduced the time because camping had 0 counter back then.... also like everyone else is saying.... survivors need more to do... sabo can only do so much and gen sim is already boring enough.... the only fun time survivors have is being chased.. 

Hmm, i can only find an INcrease in gen time, from 70 to 80 seconds.
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patches

• Wolf74

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

And they removed the 3 oclock skillchecks, because they had been to hard and buffed toolboxes to "compensate".

• Boss

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

And they removed the 3 oclock skillchecks, because they had been to hard and buffed toolboxes to "compensate".

I actually like those now since the current SCs are a joke to me.
    Might as well remove the Skill part, they're just Checks.

• Wolf74

@Boss said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

You confused me... why do you bring up SELF CARE?^^
    But SC = skillcheck to you, right? :P

• Boss

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

You confused me... why do you bring up SELF CARE?^^
    But SC = skillcheck to you, right? :P

It was faster to abbreviate.

SC is normally Self Care to me, but within the context of Skill Checks, it worked here too.
    Obviously, this time, it didn't work. ;)

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395
    edited December 2018

i have 4ked the last 17 games today just using trapper and basement (this is in rank 11 btw). im neutral in this, i play killer and survivor equally. it would be nice to have gens take longer but it would become boring for survivors.

• FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72

If we remove Nurse, Spirit, Billy and Hag or heavily nerf them. Otherwise survivors could never beat any of these 4 because they're already suited to win consistently with the current gen-time.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Let's just give people reason to never ever leave the hook.  Two minutes to finish a gen?  The only counter to someone hard camping is to slam gens.  You need to learn how to apply pressure, not create more of a M1 simulator. 
    True.

But therein lies the problem that not all killers are good at creating pressure. By that I mean it's obviously much easier with Billy than Wraith.

People want to use chracters they like though. Which is understandable.  But eventually they need to accept that against a strong SWF team they're going to have to play much better with a weak character to win.

Which again is why the devs can create characters for fun but there does need to be a good supply of strong killers 
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Sure. If they made the Great Skill Check 90% larger.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited December 2018
    Wolf74 said:

Bring solo and swf closer together and finally introduce a second objective. Done. Balance fixed.

The survivor objective is doable to fast compared to the time it takes for the killer objective to do.

I never said it's optional, obviously the second objective has to be done before repairing gens (finding oil or something else and bringing it to a gen). Come on lad, use ur brain. 
  • Wolf74

Wolf74 said:

I never said it's optional, obviously the second objective has to be done before repairing gens (finding oil or something else and bringing it to a gen). Come on lad, use ur brain. 

Dude, here in the forum I rather ask, because most people suggest stuff without using their brains.
    So I better make sure we are on the same page. :P

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

No. And devs said they are not gonna change the repairing time. Not gonna hold M1 even longer...