The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What platform do you play on?

Karao_Ke
Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I'm curious to see what platforms you all play on.

If you could switch platforms & keep all of your progress, would you do it?

I personally play on Playstation & would love to switch to PC although I don't want to restart. What about you guys?

What platform do you play on? 125 votes

PC
52%
MandyMoonlight616AdelookodiakyXaggyTapeKnotceerooverDimekAven_FallenxEa[Deleted User]then4321BeHasUUistreelSunaIIanuanonymous31337GeneralVInsaneCoasterRoboMojoMooks 66 votes
Playstation
30%
Keo2018[Deleted User]TragicSolitudeFog_KingJawsIsTheNextKillerBoosted_Dwightcoley_219musstang62kickasskielMrPenguinTaigaShapedPurgatorianHannonSpeeddemonsaifOBXbm33TomBombFobboSpIrItOp 38 votes
Xbox
11%
MementoMori_MassacrewhippersnapAPoipleTurtle[Deleted User]CornHubThicc_Boi_MyersAzxx93MetalGarlic3854CheeseAntonWishIcouldmainQwQw[Deleted User]Magicmaster0702Boogeyman 14 votes
Switch
4%
ChurchofPigTsukiYureiFxcksomeoneWormMilkHex_IgnoredIamVoiceOver 6 votes
Mobile
0%
Stadia
0%
Enots 1 vote

Comments

• PC

I used to play on Playstation until around June 2020. I wish I could get my cosmetics from there onto PC.

• Karao_Ke
    Playstation

Was the switch worth losing your progess & cosmetics? I'm honestly on the fence about it.

• PC

I didn't really have a lot of progress (few cosmetics, 3 characters level 50) but it was definitely worth it. DBD on mouse and keyboard is much better than console and controller.

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46
    PC

I like playing on PC, Keyboard and Mouse is very comfortable for me.

• Karao_Ke
    Playstation

Yeah, that's the exact reason why I want to switch. I feel like playing killer would be a lot easier with mouse/kb & I'd be able to hear sounds better with headphones. If it wasn't for me having over 1k hours of progress on console, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Xbox

Everytime I play against a streamer they automatically assume I'm on Playstation :(

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    PC

On pc it makes me more comfortable, I have Dead by Daylight on Steam along with all my dlc and skins, I love to play more on PC and buy on steam directly since I have my games like GTA Online, PUBG, Gmod, among many.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    PC

I'm on PC with controller, which is how I play 99% of my games. The only system I'd change to is Switch, because it has cross-progression and is portable, but I don't have a Switch currently and I'm not super committed to getting one.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2021
    PC

I just recently switched to PC after playing on console for about 2 years. Wish I could get all of my progress and cosmetics from console onto PC, Though.

• Karao_Ke
    Playstation

There's 2 main reasons with them being budget and comfortability.

Budget: Self explanatory. A $500 console is going to outperform a $500 PC almost anyday while a PC with a higher budget in mind will obviously kick a console out of the water. The console is more bang for your buck in this case.

Comfortability: Playing games from your couch or bed is much more appealing than from hunched over in a chair. It's all about feeling good, you're playing videogames after all.

At the end of the day, there are a few exceptions and drawbacks. I don't enjoy the random FPS drops and no PTB but it is what it is. Looking forward to having the option of both PC and console.

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99
    Playstation

I play on the PS4 of my boyfriend and soon hope to be able to play on a PC when I get one. I've been having issues with looping, turning and flashlight saves with the controller and it seems so much easier on PC that I wanna switch so badly. Plus pc killers are often harder to escape from for me as console player

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    PC

i am playing on PC (Steam) with a controller.

i have the Switch version that currently only collects BP and Shards from codes. Waiting for cross progression and will then probably start to occasionally play a few surv matches on Switch as well. Currently not doing that since I have reached BP cap and don’t wanna waste BP on survivors when I already have all of them on P3..

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    PC

The superior platform, of course. XD

Jokes aside though, I'm incredibly grateful I can play on a decent PC, I couldn't imagine having to play DBD on a console. I don't think I'd ever get comfortable with movement on a controller.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
    Playstation

PS4

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    PC

Until March 31st 2021, I'd been on XBOX. I recently upgraded to my PC but I thought you could bring your progress, but I can't find a way to do that so I've had to start from sctatch which sucks. I spent quite a bit of money on a game that is free to play after purchase lol. But you know, whatever.

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20
    PC

I play on PC (Windows), and everyone always thinks I'm on console lol. The only issue with windows is that I can't play the PTB. :( and also, I had a lot of cosmetics and a couple dlcs on Xbox before I switched which would be nice if I could get back.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    PC

Last console I played on was the Xbox 360. Once I got my PC I just never looked back. Had the pleasure of playing DBD since 2016 just because it happend to only launch on PC. So glad I made the swap! I'd say better late than never BUT not only are the latest consoles fantastic in terms of (normal) value and performance. But also, DBD's grind is immense. I would definitely not make the swap after progressing thousands of hours (or even hundreds) unless there is cross-progression.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,135
    Playstation

PlayStation 4 Pro. My friend just got the game on Switch a couple weeks ago and I play it on that, now, too.

I'd try switching to PC if cross-progression were a thing, but I'd quit the game entirely before I started over.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    PC

Also, despite saying I wouldn't swap I'll note some of the luxuries PC players have, such as:

• Editing game files. E.G. Uncapping FPS. Changing perk, offering, addon, character portrait icons etc.
    • Playing at low to ultra settings. We have the choice. Better performance or better graphics. Low settings also gives an advantage.
    • End game chat!
    • Better controls. Keyboard and mouse controls don't have big issues controllers have such as accidentally pulling a pallet down when trying to heal someone. Mouse allows for more precise aiming.
    • PC players can take advantage of filters like NVIDIA filters. This can make the game more bright, sharp, more vibrant or even give it a blue hue if you want to try to resemble how the old Macmillan maps looked like.

Maybe this will convince you to swap... :)

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2021
    Playstation

Both PS5 and Series X but I couldn't choose two. PS5 is my main though.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Playstation

I play on PS4. I would like to try the game on Switch, but only if I could transfer/update all my progress, because I don't want to start over.

• Purgatorian
    Playstation

I suggest you wait and see if they brighten it first on Switch. You can't see anything at all in the shadows.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Playstation

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the tip. My main interest on Switch is because you can just play anywhere. Let's hope they make the adjustments on Switch so it functions as intended.

• Purgatorian
    Playstation

I lost to the bots because they kept looping in the darkness lol.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    PC

Almost 5 months later and still no one that plays on Stadia.

I hope one day we'll see a Stadia gamer on these forums.

• Karao_Ke
    edited July 2021
    Playstation

When I made this poll a few months ago I honestly didn't think I needed to put a Stadia option but thought what the heck, atleast 1 person has to be on there right?

Yeah, that didn't happen lmao

• JebusChris
    JebusChris Member Posts: 3

I play on stadia, but currently no one can add me. It has been over 3 weeks since I was able to team up with anyone. JebusChris#f0e5

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24
    Switch

Switch, for the time being, until Behavior decides to throw on cross progression. Once that happens, PC all day, and I'll only be using my Switch for when I have to go somewhere.