Dev's are you serious?

Options
sorrowen
sorrowen Member Posts: 742
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

So mending isn't healing,snapping out of it isn't healing but mending actually is healing....so no more Doc with nurses I guess...

Comments

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

yes who els will make killer weeker ?

• sorrowen
    Options

Well I think these changes are about as killer friendly as Huntress old hitboxes.....

• sorrowen
    Options

Its a screw over doc and Freddy mains patch

• xClowningAround
    xClowningAround Member Posts: 1
    Options

It's not that bad i never used nurses on Doc anyway but ye it still is a little nerf but not that hard at all.

• sorrowen
    Options

It won't affect Doc's tracking though really

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

@sorrowen said:

As a Freddy main I take this patch personally

• sorrowen
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    They're serious.
    They're dead serious.
    They're... dead by daylight serious!

Ok that is actually funny lol

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Mending is healing visually yes.

But its obvious what the intention was.

Healing is healing. Increasing your health state by +1

Mending/Snap out of it/Wake up etc are little actions designed to cure a status effect but they don't increase the health of the survivor.

It makes sense. They want these to be things that slow the survivor down. Things you will be doing often. If you make them healing actions then killers just run Nurse's calling and see them everytime they try to get rid of them.

What they did with Legion made them re-evaluate it. Seems they want to streamline everything like they did when they changed BT to fit with Mending.
    This massively hurts a build that wasnt even that good to begin with. I feel like if they were gonna hit doc with a nerf like this you could at least reduce the charge time on his shock by just a little bit to compensate. Killers like doc are not in a good state and it was already hard enough to argue using a build that deviated from the blunt force build, Enduring, spirit fury, sloppy and ruin.

My problems with this change is its gonna weaken killer power synergy on doc which was already problematic. Let me guess botany knowledge still increases speed of snap out of it I'm guessing which if thats the case is gonna paint a really bad double standard for behaviour.

It just feels nasty to nerf a killer thats already pretty bad. His shock isnt even functioning properly on vaults  if the survivours hammers the vault action button early and gets sucked into the vaccum of vaulting the window it ignores the shicks stun effect. But we dont see changes for this issue. 
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

Mending/Snap out of it/Wake up etc are little actions designed to cure a status effect but they don't increase the health of the survivor.

It makes sense. They want these to be things that slow the survivor down. Things you will be doing often. If you make them healing actions then killers just run Nurse's calling and see them everytime they try to get rid of them.

What they did with Legion made them re-evaluate it. Seems they want to streamline everything like they did when they changed BT to fit with Mending.
    if that were the case adrenaline would bring you to fully healed from deep wound. right now if you're suffering from deep wound and adrenaline procs you'll just lose your deep wound status and stay injured
  • Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129
    Options
    CornChip said:

@se05239 said:

Survivor fun is more important than killer efficiency.

Overreacting much?

Not really. The dev’s have said the same thing.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    artist said:

if that were the case adrenaline would bring you to fully healed from deep wound. right now if you're suffering from deep wound and adrenaline procs you'll just lose your deep wound status and stay injured
    Ssh. They probably didn't realize this. If they find out, they'll buff it.
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

@sorrowen said:

Nobody uses Nurses Calling on Freddy and there are much better Perks for Doc.

• Zarathos
    Options
    MrDardon said:

@sorrowen said:

100% agree with freddy but my problem is that the build variations available to doc is even more limited. Killers like billy myers and spirit have a wide variety of builds but doc has just recieved an important nerf to one of his few build options. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Survivors this patch....

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Master said:
    Survivors this patch....

Don;t you mean killers this patch or just you and the vocal minority where everything is a killer nerf even if it isn't.

If you were depending on Nurses on Doc and Freddy you're playing them wrong horribly since there's way better perks.

No one worth their salt would heal effect within Doctors or Freddys Terror radius and if they did they were baiting or just bad.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

NC never should have worked with the Snap Out Of It action anyway.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

@Zarathos said:
    MrDardon said:

@sorrowen said:

100% agree with freddy but my problem is that the build variations available to doc is even more limited. Killers like billy myers and spirit have a wide variety of builds but doc has just recieved an important nerf to one of his few build options. 

Yeah, but the only build which I can tell is the snipe doc build with the beam addon. Nurses + monitor and abuse makes you snipe healing survivors. But you can also use thrill of the hunt with ruin and snipe totems when someone touchs it, or sniping gens with a 24 metre terror radius. It works very good, no need for Nurses calling. Other builds are the sneaky doctor build but you can use different stuff as well.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Survivors this patch....

Don;t you mean killers this patch or just you and the vocal minority where everything is a killer nerf even if it isn't.

If you were depending on Nurses on Doc and Freddy you're playing them wrong horribly since there's way better perks.

No one worth their salt would heal effect within Doctors or Freddys Terror radius and if they did they were baiting or just bad.

Always funny when you say theres been a better way to play anyway. You cant twist it, it is a nerf to an already weak killer. There is no other way to put it.
    oh and btw, I consider nurses calling on doc quite good

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Dr_Trauts said:

literally no sense in nerfing doc, the [BAD WORD]?

Actually it does make sense. You see people were comparing snap out of it to mend. It was such an on the nose comparison they could not justify not allowing nurse's to work against mend. So, they said snap out of it is no longer a healing action so they could keep ment not a healing action
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

The thing is though, tracking is the only thing Doc's got.

By making him worse at it, you just have made Doc worse.

To this point, Snap Out of It was unique in that it wasn't affected by anything OTHER than Nurse's Calling. Colourophobia, Thanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher, Dying Light don't affect Snap Out of It.

Nurse's Calling was only good in certain builds anyways for Doc, but now you have effectively made Doc's build diversity WORSE because there's no point in running Nurse's Calling on a killer that can track just as fine without it... NC's was made different SPECIFICALLY for Doc.

Right? 2yrs they stood by that snap out of it was a healing action and now because mending is in they say ######### it! It's no longer a healing action..... "slow clap"
  • Zarathos
    Options
    MrDardon said:

@Zarathos said:
    MrDardon said:

@sorrowen said:

Yeah, but the only build which I can tell is the snipe doc build with the beam addon. Nurses + monitor and abuse makes you snipe healing survivors. But you can also use thrill of the hunt with ruin and snipe totems when someone touchs it, or sniping gens with a 24 metre terror radius. It works very good, no need for Nurses calling. Other builds are the sneaky doctor build but you can use different stuff as well.

Anti heal build was pretty cool on doc big crazy terror radius making healing take ages. Which made it so the docs terror radius was to huge to not heal in. Made nurses very strong also in general a doc with nurses was very hard to lose. As if you didnt snap out of it your position would be given away anyways by the sirvivour screaming. 

It feels like if your gonna hit a weak killer with a nerf throw them a bone give them some sort of buff. Currently his shock is just not rewarding players for well timed shocks which is core to his chasing power. 
  • powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Survivors this patch....

Always funny when you say theres been a better way to play anyway. You cant twist it, it is a nerf to an already weak killer. There is no other way to put it.

Always funny when you consider a killer weak just because you can't play them at Nurse level, you can't twist it that it's a nerf.When most ppl are snapping out of outside your terror radius because you know they know it's a healing effect.

Which means your NC is worthless or they know your back is turned to them while you chase someone else which again means your NC is worthless. Most doctors at high ranks never used it because they knew how easy it was to counter.

So because you consider it quite good that means it is, wasn't it you that said to someone else that they considered x perk quite good and you told them that was just their opinion.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Survivors this patch....

Always funny when you consider a killer weak just because you can't play them at Nurse level, you can't twist it that it's a nerf.When most ppl are snapping out of outside your terror radius because you know they know it's a healing effect.

Which means your NC is worthless or they know your back is turned to them while you chase someone else which again means your NC is worthless. Most doctors at high ranks never used it because they knew how easy it was to counter.

So because you consider it quite good that means it is, wasn't it you that said to someone else that they considered x perk quite good and you told them that was just their opinion.

Doc is kind of one of the weaker killers though.

Not only that but even if NC isn't good on Doc (I don't use him so I'm not sure) removing the interaction it had with Snap out of it is still a nerf to the Doctor. Not a huge one, but it is still a nerf.

• powerbats
    Options

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Survivors this patch....

Doc is kind of one of the weaker killers though.

Not only that but even if NC isn't good on Doc (I don't use him so I'm not sure) removing the interaction it had with Snap out of it is still a nerf to the Doctor. Not a huge one, but it is still a nerf.

Well played Doctors terrorize at rank 1 and I've never seen one use Nurses simply because it's not that great considering people are too smart to heal/snap out of it in his terror radius.

The only doctors i've seen run it are bad ones and usually all 4 people make it out since the Doctors depend on that perk so much they lose all other focus. Freddy no one would try and do a wake up in his terror radius since that's an easy 2nd person in the dream world.

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2018
    Options

@sorrowen said:

As a Freddy main I take this patch personally

If u where really a freddy main then u would know that wake up never worked with nurses calling nice fail troll