The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

does anyone else like this event?

its kind of boring tbh, last year you saw cakes every match and averaging 100k Blood Points a match. Now yiu barely see one cake in the match or in the bloodweb. idk this is just kind of boring. I thought this was supposed to be special.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm kinda enjoying it.

I'm actually very disappointed that this is "THE BIG EVENT" that they said it would be.

But idk, i'm playing more right now and having more fun.

This is not me saying there's no problems with the game btw, y'all should know i know better than that.

Just giving my personal opinion here.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    edited July 2021

I have been liking it, plenty of 4-5 cake games. Q times for killer are way too long though, probably because the no DC penalty makes solo Q unbearable at the moment.

I have had people DC from going down to a zombie halfway across the map.

• Meg_Survivor
    Meg_Survivor Member Posts: 199

I said the same thing last years event was so much better, this event is just so boring and not fun at all

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

i can't enjoy it , since i cant play survivor and killer queus take an eternity

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Not really. The game is a mess on console right now.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

It's a copy and paste from last year's event, so unless you're a new player that joined after the 4th anniversary, it's understandable to not be enjoying it.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

The only good thing is bp out the ass and free shards. Even then its just points, gameplay wise nothing is better except "Oooo I can get this crown that looks the same but somehow worse than the one from last year" and extreme performance issues for the majority of the playerbase. This "event" is a showcase of how far BHVR has fallen

• quirky
    quirky Member Posts: 56

When I posted something similar, allot of people said that they're getting so many points and it's just me but this event hasn't been fun as I hoped. So many tunnelers, sweats, and try hard on both sides.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

I do, finally got everyone to LVL 50, managed to P350 my mains and even managed to get a handful of crowns, things are good

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Yes, the cake and item drop rate is ridiculously low whether it's a bug or intended. This is exactly the same event as last year. At least last year the cakes and items were abundant. The login rewards are nice. Christmas they at least made a calendar you could check out for what to expect. Didn't even bother to make one of those that I'm aware of.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I certainly don't.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I'm sure I would if I could play it. The console experience.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited July 2021

I'm still finishing my Survivor crowns and from that side of the game... absolutely not. The sweat from the Killer side has been repulsive. I'm sure I'll get the sweat Survivors when I switch over though. There was one incredible Plague, she was awesome. A few cool ones besides her, but it's mostly been the sweats... the pure... disgusting... smelly... sweats.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Its alright

I like the return of the crowns, as they were fun imo in the fourth year event.

But i just would've liked a little bit more than a copy of last year kind of

I'm trying not to be mean to the devs but its just how i feel yknow

I'm hoping the Halloween event will be good, that's hopefully where all the extra effort into events went into.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited July 2021

I like it as killer because I can farm and survivors seem willing to.

As survivor I hate it, killers are still sweaty with 5 cakes.

I was wondering why people werent trusting me to farm with them when it started, switching to survivor I see why. I have used 20 survivor cakes and havent had 1 killer let us farm.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

What event? I can barely tell this one and I'm not even joking. Hold X for 2 seconds to get crown, the end.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

I'm enjoying this event very much. 100K+ BP every game. It'll be hard to go back to lower-scoring games later.

I like getting the cakes so I'll be saving as many as I can before it's over.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

I must be very lucky because I've pretty consistently been getting 100-150k per game via cakes, very rare for there to be less than 3.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

meh

It's a "non-event", it's just extra BP and a fancy new thing no one will use because it paints a giant glowing target on your head.

If it was a Bloodhunt with 3x BP it'd be better, but it is what it is.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,282

What event?

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

This event is a joke, at least more points due to cakes but other than that i don't see anything special

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

After first day grinding through performance issues and both sides playing for lowest points I stopped playing. I log in for the daily shards and then go play something else.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,923

Its fine.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Na its garbage same as most events nowadays, hope this is the last event they ever do so everyone can get back to just playing normal.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

Nope. Been more interested in writing than playing since the event started

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I had to spend 315,000 BP on one character to get a single cake, and I wish I were joking. Killers are bringing moris instead of cakes when they drop so much more for them. It's a disaster to play on console and it's a repeat of last year's event. No, I'm not enjoying it.

• Tysere
    Tysere Member Posts: 36

I'm really enjoying with playing the game with these sorts of BP levels with how many stupid perks there are and how much I have to constantly be slogging through like 9 million Bloodwebs.

But on that same token, I'd honestly more so enjoy if that was standard payout, and not something I have to wait once a year for. So it's a mix of "yes I enjoy it, but also no I don't enjoy that regular quality of life is 'special'"

• CrustyCake
    CrustyCake Member Posts: 38

For this to be a FOCUS POINT so that it can be a BIG EVENT, I am disappointed. Its like coping someone else test, just changing a few here and there to make them not seem as similar.

Cake RNG in bloodwebs is less then last year's cakes. So I can't spread the bp as much. Will not have as many cakes to spread love through out the year. The cakes are everything, that to me is what makes it special faster to P3 all characters. Helps people with less time to play or less hours in game get the perks they want, so they can enjoy the game longer during the year. Generally cakes help with the grind.

Collect a similar crown. Which makes the game harder when wearing one(easier to be seen). So don't see them often in game through out the year.

Purple Auras(neat!) and sound(as long as you offer a cake) to make it a little easier help find them.

Same outfits just different characters, and earn them by HOPING everyone keeps collecting crowns. Oh and two charms.

Daily login of Iridescent shards, but you don't need to login everyday. Which is very nice. GJ.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

Honestly, what events in DBD do people think aren't boring? It's either do special gens and hook people on special hooks or hold m1 on some event object like that 1 blight event.

• Pixiglow
    Pixiglow Member Posts: 9

I did join after the 4th anniversary and I'm still not enjoying it. Doesn't matter whether you play Killer or Survivor players have steadily been getting more and more toxic since the last 2 weeks of the previous rift to the RE release, to the new rift, to this event, and the end of this rift, I just hope this will not get any WORSE.

• Pixiglow
    Pixiglow Member Posts: 9

Considering with soloQ and duoQ we don't get more than 2 generally. But in SWF with 5 cakes getting played, I still get less than 10K per match as Survivor cuz the killers tunnel. As Killer, I stopped putting in cakes since the survs gen rush. So I just play a Killer I've never played before try to get their crown and maybe kick a few gens or hit people or hook them if I can, but yeah I'd say you got extremely lucky.