Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The RPD map is AWESOME! RE fans will love it!

KateMain86
KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I got the map tonight and I just can't believe how awesome it is. I got super emotional and literally just ran around looking at everything. I thought a licker was going to pop out somewhere in the halls when I was running down them. 😅 It even has the crashed helicopter! I know I probably missed a ton of things and can't wait to explore this place more and just take it all in. The only thing I would add to it is to have zombie arms reach through the windows in the outer halls when you run past them for a jump scare. That always freaked me out when I played RE 2. 😱

I'm going for those RPD badges every time I see them pop up in the blood web. This map is too great to not play it as often as possible. I can't thank you guys enough for making this happen.

Comments

• KateMain86

I didn't have any problems on my end. PC player and everything seemed to run just fine with it.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

It's cool and all that it perfectly matches the police department from resident evil, but as a dbd map it's awful.

• KateMain86

The halls and small rooms add to the fear factor of the map imo. It'll take some getting used to but its not intended to be this big open outdoor map where you can see everything. The RPD is supposed to be scary with eery halls and rooms where you don't know whats around each corner.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

As a fan of RE I absolutely love the new map and I know the layout very well. I can see why others would hate it though because it is large and it's very confusing.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

It’s the most confusing map in the game rn: rcpd.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

It looks cool agree, especially those red glowing goo stuff everywhere but the map plays awful, definatly my most hated map by FAR.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I enjoyed it too, I love indoor maps, the atmosphere is so much better wish we got more.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Well as an nurse main it makes me wanna uninstall so not really for me.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

All it did was break the game for console. Totally worth it.

• KateMain86

I'm really looking forward to playing on the RPD map as Jill and Claire. It'll be like playing a new kind of scenario in an RE game. 😅 I want to play Leon on the RPD map too but I'm addicted to Jill and giving her all my points for now. Poor Leon doesn't have many perks unlocked yet. Maybe the event will help with that.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Hawking's, midwhich, lerys are indoor maps but play far better because its not a cluster of small rooms and limited playable options. Most instances you have twi ways to run, at the killer or a complete 180 away, theres no freedom and gens/pallets are badly placed rng, I had two gens roughly 16meters away on the same floor in the same corridor.

Looks good, plays awful for both sides. It's just not fun

• KateMain86

Which is why DBD needs more things for players to do with these characters and maps other than just the usual ranked game mode. I love the map. I love the fact its not just this big open area where you can see everything from a mile away. Its supposed to have eery small rooms and halls. Thats what the RPD in RE is. Not everything has to be focused around the competitive playstyle some people do in the game. I think most people playing DBD, or at least a lot of them, don't care about the map being perfect for making plays but rather scary, immersive and just overall fun to play through. That is what the RPD map is. People have got to stop taking this game so seriously and try to have a little fun with it. The map hasn't even been out long enough for anyone to really evaluate the possibilities with it yet so honestly these quick reaction posts about it don't hold much weight in my opinion. I've been running through the RPD in DBD not knowing where I am or where I am going and having a blast.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215

Game isn't scary after like an hour lol.

Rpd is awful. I hit struggle every time time I'm 1st hooked because its a gigantic map designed for a different game.

It also punished fun killers Like Billy, Huntress, Oni, And even sucks for stealth killers because its huge.

Gens fly by and you often hit stage 2 or die on first hook. The chases suck, no fair windows or loops. Just god loops and unsafe trash loops.

Its cool you like the looks. It looks good.

But I'll take the 5min ban every time i get this unbalanced crap. I want fun balanced games. Not a map that is a guaranteed loss for many killers because it makes it near impossible to use their powers, not to mention it encourages stealth a gen rush which bore me as a survivor who loves being chased.

Its unhealthy for the game and easily the worst map for both sides. Every licensed map has looked great but been atrocious to play.

• KateMain86

Is your enter button broken or something?

The map is fine. Being chased through it is a lot scarier than being chased on all the other maps for me. Every map doesn't have to be specifically designed for every killer to be able to use their power with ease. The map takes a lot of getting used to and as I said it hasn't even been out long enough for people to really learn it. I suppose any map though that isn't completely killer sided will be complained about by them because you know DBD is all about the sweat and try hards and not about having fun...

• HypnoEmpire
    HypnoEmpire Member Posts: 29

But this map isn't fun.

Being stealthy and genrushing is not fun and is incredibly boring to do as survivor. The fun in this game is being chased. But chases on this map are incredibly boring because nearly every single killer in the game can't use their power effectively. This means that most killers essentially turn into m1 killers. Want to know the best strat against m1 killers? Holding W, which again, is incredibly boring. There is almost no fun gameplay to be had on this map for survivor.

It's also really bad on the killer's side. As I mentioned before, most killers basically turn into m1 killers on this map. This is a problem that the Hawkins map has, but that map is a lot smaller and the layout actually makes sense so it's more than manageable on that map. RPD is enormous and the layout is confusing. Even if someone knew the layout of the map perfectly, it would still be awful because there's a lot of narrow pathing which makes it extremely hard to defend gens. Gameplay on this map for most killers is mostly boring and borderline unwinnable (against good survivors, obviously.)

"Every map doesn't have to be specifically designed for every killer to be able to use their power with ease." This is true, Huntress on Lery's makes your statement accurate. But there's a difference between a map being bad for some killers and a map being bad for almost all killers. I'm pretty sure the only killers that don't struggle on this map are Wraith and Spirit. Mobility is really important on large maps, and this is the largest map in the game. They are also the only killers that have mobility that work on this map. My point here is that maps have to be designed with killers in mind. It's a little something called game balance. If a map is made with zero consideration for the killers and their powers, it's designed poorly.

"I suppose any map though that isn't completely killer sided will be complained about by them because you know DBD is all about the sweat and try hards and not about having fun..." People are complaining because it isn't fun, what are you even talking about? Stop trying to devolve the conversation with petty insults. The guy you replied to was respectful towards you, there's no need to be so hostile.

• KateMain86

The fun in this game is being chased? Not when you have this many killers now who can down you from a distance or have some kind of ranged ability to make running from them not as effective as it should be. I thought Nemesis was pretty balanced but his powered up tentacle basically makes pallets useless against him. Also I wasn't being hostile. I was being honest. A lot of killers complain about this map when it hasn't even been out long enough to be fully memorized and studied as to how good of a map it really is. I don't care about rank, pips or sweaty game play so for me a map like this and being a RE fan is the best thing ever. People care way too much about rank in DBD rather than just having fun. This is literally a playable map in DBD of the most iconic place in the RE series and probably in all of survival horror video games. That alone is enough to be excited about this. I will literally be playing the RPD badge every chance I get when the offering goes live again.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

It is a very cool map! It is one of the best looking ones so far. The details are extraordinary.

It seems to be a consensus in the community that outdoor maps are prefered. Indoor maps are muddled and either strongly favor a killer or shut them down.

I do appreciate the map but so far playing it has been rough.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Imagine using all those offerings, just so you don't get to play because everyone DCs.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

The map looks cool but is terrible to play. As a Killer, I played it once and had the easiest 4K of all times.

I hooked someone, went on the opposite side. Hooked a second player, and started to chase the third who was sneaking around.

I hooked them as well and... The first hooked one was on second phase and the second hooked Survivor was still... hooked.

I rarely play Killer, I'm Brown rank. It might be because they were inexperienced... (But I doubt it, they seemed to know how to loop at least.)

I've got the map twice as a Survivor. I died on first hook each time because no one came. I've been able to save one guy, but it took me a while to go to their hook.

I only saw the map three times. Maybe it'll sound less like a freaking maze next times...

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2021

The RPD map crashes many last gen console players. Also, when it was first released, that map and Nemesis caused a massive amount of crashes for console, as well as overheating some consoles to the point of seriously damaging them.

Edit: On top of that, the RE chapter currently presents serious performance issues for last gen console players as well. Many of these issues are ongoing.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

I love the map, but I wish they'd split it into 2 maps with each one having either the East or West side blocked off. Plus the pallets are either complete god pallets or completely useless.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

I love the RPD map, but I love indoor maps period. Not a fan of outdoor at all.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215

This map literally screws over half the killers because they cant use their powers efficiently or traverse the map. It doesn't need to be killer sided. It just needs to be fun to play.

And for survivors its just as bad, easy 3gens, bad pallets or god loops, no in between, regularly hitting struggle on first hook because its the size of red Forest with the layout of hawkins.

Its the worst map in dbd by far. It's designed for re2, not dbd. It needs to be changed or removed.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

RE fans are the only ones who love it. This chapter is supposed to be RE in DbD, not DbD bends over for RE.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

This map is hot garbage and im dcing anytime i see it. F that

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Are you really so biased you cant see why this map is awful? Really? REALLY?

• KateMain86

No. I've enjoyed it all the times I've gotten it so far. I didn't know where I was going most of the time but that was part of the excitement for me. Also I care about having fun in this game. I don't care about a rank so big scary maps like this are always fun to play.