Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Yes its true the RPD is THAT horrible.

grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Its not a secret this map is only good for Ghostface, Myers and Pig.

I played a match with Deathslinger and the survivors can so easily break line of sight.

Throughout the whole match i just wanted to DC really.

I dont know if anything is gonna be done about this map to be split into several parts and if Capcom would allow that.

I still think that Raccoon city is as iconic as the RPD and could of been a better choice of map but its probably gonna be Haddonfield 2.0 and really not that much better than the RPD.

Or they could of done only the main hall with the RC streets.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Yeah I think. It's a bad map, to play on, looks tho, it's amazing other than that random orange gunk. Tho I had the easiest time Plying trickster on it compared to any other map same with huntress, other than that its a pain for most

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I actually love the map despite it being difficult for most killers solely because of the size. I’m sure ruin will be disgusting to find and sadly that’s probably all it needs to balance out because ruin is just that strong.

• TheBus4K
    TheBus4K Member Posts: 256

Nemesis and Demogorgon are good on that map too, as Nemesis zombies can easily lock someone up in a hallway and Demo can easily hit with the M2, but yeah, it's a horrible map for DbD. Very nice for a RE fan, but there is no point in adding it to this game.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think we’re screwed no matter what. A Raccoon City streets map would have just been Haddonfield/Badham all over again.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Trapper is awesome on this map, and hag would probably do the same. The small paths help Nemesis' zombies a ton. The small rooms and multiple floors make it easy for demi, freddy, spirit, and nurse to teleport grab you off a gen. Doc can shock you while being nowhere near you on a different floor. Legion and wraith can easily trap survivors in a corner with their speed. There is only one pallet I've seen that doesn't take one second to walk around. It blocks a hall, while the rest of them are in between something as small as a chair and a wall. Walk around the chair, you don't even have to break the pallet.

The poor design makes it the absolute easiest map to trifecta. Hell, two gens can be in the main hall!

Basically, this is the best map for killers that they EVER made!

The only killers that this map isn't excellent for are the ranged ones, which is pretty much the case with all indoor maps for them. See trifecta above for how to dominate with them. I suppose super speed killers like billy and blight would also have trouble on this map, no more than game or midwich, though.

Honestly, if anyone should have a complaint about this map it's the survivors. Every game I've played on this map the killers camp the center, meaning the survivors cannot possibly finish the trophy generator and will definitely end up having a trifecta.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I've done well on the map as killer but it doesn't exactly feel like I'm outplaying the survivors if I'm winning because they can't find gens or figure out how to get to hooked teammates. It's a recipe for frustration on both sides really.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Just because it doesnt suit your playing style, doesnt mean its a bad map. Personally I love it as a Survivor, the unique style and gameplay options provide an sense of horror when being chased.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I don't like it very much, personally.

My first impression of DBD back when I got it was that it was kind of like Disney Infinity for horror -- you could buy the Halloween playset, and the Nightmare on Elm Street playset, and get to run around as your favourite characters without really having a story or anything. And I think this is the Resident Evil playset, in that way -- it's about getting to play with the police station, and getting to play with the characters, and not a lot else.

I, personally, don't care about Resident Evil, so my reaction is more like, "I don't know these people, and I don't want to run through their maze," but I bet there are some people who do.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

They really need to just make it so you can see the map and change your killer accordingly and just make the DC penalty apply once the lobby is locked in and you can see the map

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

Played it for the first time today. It has the same problem as Midwich in that it's a beautiful map (though its way too dark, I can't see anything) but the killer can't cut anyone off and the map is pretty huge. I think that after playing on it a handful of times that Shift+W gameplay and hiding will make the map feel god awful and boring to play.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I like the map as survivor.Many people already hate this map on both sides.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

Umm i have dominated there on every Killer I play (Pig, Ghostface, nemesis, myers, trapper and especially doc)

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

Love the map. Not every map has to be advantageous to one side or the other.