Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What killer do you play when the game is in a bad state

This is mainly a console question but anyone is free to answer. I did play bight but this hotfix made him get them frequently so now its oni as I get rarely any when using his power

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I am so glad you asked! I would love to be of some assistance here! Some of my favorite killers are Legion and Oni, but they've been giving me too much trouble with the current performance so I have migrated to Spirit.

Spirit suffers just like any killer atm, however she is the only killer who has the ability to outplay survivors by having your cat walk by and trip over your controller cord.

I use the Yakuyoke Amulet+Mother Daughter Ring with Stridor, Ruin,Undying and Lethal Pursuer so we can all start farming BP as soon as the match starts!

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I usually revert to Leatherface when things are rough because of his extremely basic design and lack of particle effects. He's easy to play and doesn't cause an immense amount of game performance issues beyond what you'll deal with as any killer.

I also like to run stupid builds on him pretty regularly, so I find it easier to just casually mess about and enjoy the matches as Bubba without caring about the results.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Honestly, Bubba is the go-to Killer for when the game itself screws you over, and when Survivors are toxic arseholes.

Sadly, I find the latter being the case more often than I'd like.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Clown.

Oh wait they broke him too :(

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Trick question, You don't.

I just leave the game until they hotfix/patch whatever is broken. This ain't the first time its happened either.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

Well, the current state of the game already is a bad state in my honest opinion, so I would say Freddy and Pig.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

I usually revert to playing Myers or Doctor If the game is in a bad state. I would use Myers to get some scares in, which is always fun. As Doctor I'd run around and simply shock people to keep them all screaming, turn it into a challenge and see how long I can keep the screams going.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Spirit funnily enough is the killer that has less framedrops while using her power. Considering survivors teleport when frames drops, I'm actually using Stridor. So yeah, blame BHVR for another Stridor Spirit main.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

For meme purposes: Trickster just because he can be annoying haha

For sweat purposes: Nemesis, I love shutting down loops with zombies

For my own enjoyment: Jumpscare pig

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Wraith. He's simple to play and has fast error correction due to being able to catch up rapidly, or drop a bad chase and find someone else without losing too much time.

• Newtton
    Newtton Member Posts: 42

The doctor, I'm going to make them scream so much that their fps will drop to the ground

jumpsacere Myers works too >:)

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Currently Trickster because even tho he's terrible, he's pretty chill to play and i can't get mad when playing him.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Whatever I'm in the mood for tbh I just lay chill, trickster plague and deathslinger mainly

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

If we're talking about "killers to play when the framerate is terrible", like on console right now, I'm currently playing Twins, Legion and Oni, because they don't freeze the game as much.

Don't play Pig or Blight. For me, anyway, they make the game stutter so much it's borderline unplayable.

• thetoxicteacher
    thetoxicteacher Member Posts: 48
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Still playing legion and trickster

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I am not a console expert, but I have discovered Trapper now is quite fun to play, especially on Midwatch, where you can put a trap in the middle of hallway and shortly catch someone.

Dead Dawg Saloon with the traps in the grass is quite fun. I usually don't chase the survivor directly, but rather leading them to the trap.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I go Blight and just

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

He is such a safe pick. You can play honest and at the first sign of disrespect, well... *licks jagged teeth

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I play survivor since the chapter released, mostly due to massive shift in queue waiting time for killer

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

May I recommend a dose of DemoYeet?

it’s guaranteed to make you smile if you like moving at Mach 5 whenever you jump off of a elevated surface

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Came into this thread to post this :(

Keep doing God's work, friend.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Chances are he’ll stay like this for awhile since nobody plays him but we’ll see

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I still play Blight even with the awful FPS issues right now,but i'm i'm rather using him as an M1 killer with extra mobility +STBFL.

I really hope we get a hotfix today.

I wanna play my Blighty Boi normally again ;_;

Besides Blight i also play Spirit because FPS issues don't affect her as much as Blight or Demo do