The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Last chapter proved that console also needs a PTB!

Ruma
Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

The update was a COMPLETE MESS.

Especially for console.

This was because, just like they said themselfes: They didnt expected such console problems since they couldnt test it before.

Now last gen players, cant even really play during this damn 5th year anniversary!

This should show them, that they NEED to bring the PTB to consoles as well!

And yes, it is possible to do so. Other games like PUBG and i think Smite also got PTBs for consoles and while of course its a bit more work, it will greatly help in the long run.

Especially sincw they arent putting much work anyway..

Take your time and give us the PTB already!

Comments

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Yes, if they are going to mess up this bad and it still isn't fixed, it's a good idea to have the PTB on consoles too, to discover these problems before they go live for everyone else.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Not that simple im afraid, unlike the PC version, patches take a while to go trough on consoles, since they need the approval of the owners (such has Sony), that would include PTB which is usually constant changes.

They could probably do small changes without issues, but stuff like reworks or new characters, not that much

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

You had me in the second part, so to speak.

Has the community, except for me and this guy, not figured out that it's not a test build, it's a preview to get word out on the internet, usually via our Fog Whisperer friends? Sure, there will be a scheduled few changes before go-live, but seeing the titanic amount of times that people ######### that something was not changed from ptb is laughable when it's obvious that nothing stops or slows the train. They aren't usually planning on any wholesale changes, else there would be much more dramatic phases of testing and sometimes there would be delays and lengthened test cycles to be seen. Nope.

It's all a scripted timeline with minor tweaks and then just eat what comes out. It's fine, I'd just prefer some honesty about it.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Honestly PTB is a waste of time, they should Live release and patch update from there.

It is the only way to actually get good test results.

most of the people i know and streamers only go in for the first day and they say they had enough.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Can't be done since I doubt Sony would allow it. And you do realize they would have to release 2 version each time a PTB is released. It's easier to do it on steam since we can switch it up to the regular version and the PTB version. Even window Xbox, and stadia don't have the PTB.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Console should have a PTB but behavior shouldn't be using the PTB for major bugs anyway. It should be for minor bugs, extremely rare bugs, and balance checks before a release. Major bugs on all platforms should be caught by their testing team.

Console should get the PTB to help check for balance on console as well, but the main issue is behavior should not be depending on their players to find major bugs for them. They need to be able to do that themselves.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Everyone one said its not that simple.

Can you explain me how other games get it to work then?

• Sypherpathic

The game needs some kind of connection testing where they try to stress test full games. It's obviously a problem for the code.

• Sypherpathic

I think of a game like Team Fortress 2 which has simpler, cartoony graphics and is ages old but a VERY long time ago made it so, although the game itself and it's enjoyment are built around hitboxes, latency and players' perception of these things, keeps it's players happy and has for years. I'm sure there are other examples. Sorry, Scott Jund, webcode or whatever it's called, in a multiplayer environment is definitely an area where DBD can be compared to other properties. There are literally dozens of games out there that somehow figured out latency and hitboxes in a competitively-minded environment yet 5 years on, here we are. Performance is a fundamental problem that, to me, should trump any other problems with the game. It should be priority 1.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

They did test it on Console.

They had a Known Issues section on the bottom of the Patch Notes for 5.0.0 that specified issues with Xbox/PS

They tested it and decided it was acceptable

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

I can't decide if that is worse than not knowing about the issues at all. On one hand, they knowingly release a broken product, but on the other they are too incompetent to realize the product was faulty beforehand.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

They don't care about console and never have. It's not really a secret.