The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I demand to be able to see the killer's Steam name (account) in lobby.

Croz
Croz Member Posts: 41

The title says it all. They're allowed to see us and check our accounts and which items we're using and everything but we can't even tell who are we versing. I would rather dodge some players (A couple of hackers that I have reported NOTE: I even reported one of them with evidence and he's still playing and yes we have quite a few of those in South Asia also not to mention some killers with green ping yet jittery lobbies). Some people suggested to me a third party software that helps avoiding players in matchmaking. Now I'm not a big fan of third party softwares nor do I trust them which is why I'm never using this one. Also being able to see the killer's Steam account doesn't change anything about the secrecy of his strategy nor the identity of the killer they're queuing as.

Comments

• Croz

@se05239 said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:
    I'd love to see who's a SWF or not but hey, we cannot all have what we want.

Except you can by checking their accounts and friend lists.

It's not accurate as there are ways to fool the killer checking.
    Not to mention, private profiles.

I'm pretty sure you can tell by them joining the lobby in the same time but ok dude.

• Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

The title says it all. They're allowed to see us and check our accounts and which items we're using and everything but we can't even tell who are we versing. I would rather dodge some players (A couple of hackers that I have reported NOTE: I even reported one of them with evidence and he's still playing and yes we have quite a few of those in South Asia also not to mention some killers with green ping yet jittery lobbies). Some people suggested to me a third party software that helps avoiding players in matchmaking. Now I'm not a big fan of third party softwares nor do I trust them which is why I'm never using this one. Also being able to see the killer's Steam account doesn't change anything about the secrecy of his strategy nor the identity of the killer they're queuing as.

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea

Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time.

Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along
  • Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along

Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

• Croz

@se05239 said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:
    I'd love to see who's a SWF or not but hey, we cannot all have what we want.

Except you can by checking their accounts and friend lists.

It's not accurate as there are ways to fool the killer checking.
    Not to mention, private profiles.

I'm pretty sure you can tell by them joining the lobby in the same time but ok dude.

New matchmaking system, though. If you played the PTB, the lobby will now ALWAYS pop in all survivors at the same time. This is to stop killers dodging when all four survivors join at the same time.
    This is coming to live soon.

Yea Idk dude make a thread about it or something it's not my issue nor is it related to mine.

• Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

Play killer

It's boring.

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Play killer

It's boring.

Well I answer like you answered the guy before

Not my issue

As Orion said it won't come back just for you
  • Croz

@Orion said:
    This used to be possible, but it was heavily abused by Survivors. It's not coming back.

Abused how?

• Malakir
    Orion said:

This used to be possible, but it was heavily abused by Survivors. It's not coming back.

Weird, people abusing something to take advantage of. I never saw this in any online game ever. Or offline for that matter
  • Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said: Croz said:

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time. Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Play killer

It's boring.

Not my issue

Wow you're taking this way too personal. Take a chill pill.

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time. Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Play killer

It's boring.

Not my issue

. I'm not taking it personal. I just answered like you did to another folk, what? It's not fine if someone else does it on you?
  • Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:    Croz said:

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea        Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time.        Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

Play killer

It's boring.

Not my issue

. I'm not taking it personal. I just answered like you did to another folk, what? It's not fine if someone else does it on you?

You're making no sense at all. His argument wasn't my argument nor is me finding killer boring to play is the argument here. So go do something productive with your day and leave my thread alone I need people who will give me informative feedback and a valid argument not a triggered killer main.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

How do you think a dodge feature would be abused? Think about it for a second.

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea        Basically. There is even a feature in Overwatch that's called avoid. People don't get along all the time.        Yeah that has been removed because abused to avoid good players and have easy wins

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

Play killer

It's boring.

Not my issue

You're making no sense at all. His argument wasn't my argument nor is me finding killer boring to play is the argument here. So go do something productive with your day and leave my thread alone I need people who will give me informative feedback and a valid argument not a triggered killer main.

First, I'm not a killer main as anyone who even barely know me in the forum can confirm

Second, you're the one who looks triggered when someone use the same behavior you use but against you. Plus people already answered your question and why it wont ever come back just for you

/Thread
  • Croz
    edited December 2018

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby if they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see how is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby is they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see who is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

Already answered with your overwatch example

Killers usually Dodge swf, that's why the answer you dismissed about the new system where everyone pops in the lobby will come live
  • Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along        Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

Play killer It's boring. Well I answer like you answered the guy before Not my issue

First, I'm not a killer main as anyone who even barely know me in the forum can confirm

Second, you're the one who looks triggered when someone use the same behavior you use but against you. Plus people already answered your question and why it wont ever come back just for you

/Thread

Not at all you're the one who seems triggered by my straight forward answers and trying your hardest to trigger me but keep failing. And not yet one person have told me how is it going to be abused? Or how was it abused to begin with if it was in the game previously.

• Orion

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby is they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see who is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

Congrats, you figured it out. Survivors were dodging everything and everyone under the sun. Play a certain Killer? Dodged. Don't allow free unhooks? Dodged. Too experienced? Dodge.
    It was breaking queue times and it was breaking lobbies.
    Most Survivors will abuse everything they can and shoot themselves in the foot by doing so. This is why many mechanics that they asked for were thrown away - because they themselves were abusing them to the detriment of the game itself.

• Croz

@Malakir said:

Killers usually Dodge swf, that's why the answer you dismissed about the new system where everyone pops in the lobby will come live

Well that doesn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask for an automated feature to avoid people just know who's the killer in the lobby.

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Guess what, in that game you can use that magical button named mute if you don't get along        Guess what killers still avoid good players and look for easy wins by knowing who are they versing via their accounts. I need to have that ability to choose if I want to verse this person or not.

Play killer It's boring. Well I answer like you answered the guy before Not my issue

/Thread

Not at all you're the one who seems triggered by my straight forward answers and trying your hardest to trigger me but keep failing. And not yet one person have told me how is it going to be abused? Or how was it abused to begin with if it was in the game previously.

True, I'm triggered by stupidity. It's one of my huge flaws, I hate that

Your answers can be found here if you bother to read, if your straight forward mind can handle it 
  • Croz

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Congrats, you figured it out. Survivors were dodging everything and everyone under the sun. Play a certain Killer? Dodged. Don't allow free unhooks? Dodged. Too experienced? Dodge.
    It was breaking queue times and it was breaking lobbies.
    Most Survivors will abuse everything they can and shoot themselves in the foot by doing so. This is why many mechanics that they asked for were thrown away - because they themselves were abusing them to the detriment of the game itself.

Alright now I see your point which makes sense.

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Well that doesn't answer my question at all. I didn't ask for an automated feature to avoid people just know who's the killer in the lobby.

Yeah you ask to abuse a Dodge system that was here before then removed for obvious reasons

Like has been removed from overwatch for the same reasons
  • Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

Play killer        It's boring.        Well I answer like you answered the guy before    Not my issue

As Orion said it won't come back just for you Wow you're taking this way too personal. Take a chill pill.

/Thread

True, I'm triggered by stupidity. It's one of my huge flaws, I hate that

Your answers can be found here if you bother to read, if your straight forward mind can handle it 

Thank you for participating in this civil conversation.

• Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Yeah you ask to abuse a Dodge system that was here before then removed for obvious reasons

Lul it's still in Overwatch they just spent more time to polish it and make it better for their players experience. Do a little bit of research before opening your mouth cuz stupidity also triggers this fine man. :)

• Malakir
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Lul it's still in Overwatch they just spent more time to polish it and make it better for their players experience. Do a little bit of research before opening your mouth cuz stupidity also triggers this fine man. :)

Yes 
    .https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761986006

Too bad I just spent 5s to find this. What you actually ask is the avoidplayer 1.0 not the 2.0, where you can avoid WHO YOU'LL FACE not WHO'S IN YOUR TEAM

Before opening your mouth do a lil bit of research™
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Honestly not every killer dodges swf. Personally ill take it on because otherwise im not arsed to reset my lobby. Its also good experiance even if you are very likely to lose. Just hide survivour names. I never got how people would dodge a killer or survivour because they were good at a game. Better players more experiance gained fighting them.

Its why you get some crazy efficient killers at rank 1. I do think a killer needs to be alerted if an swf enters lobby though so they know they will need to bring their best add ons and perks. Too many perk builds fall apart against swf e.g. Third seal, knock out blood warden etc. 
  • Malakir
    Zarathos said:
    Honestly not every killer dodges swf. Personally ill take it on because otherwise im not arsed to reset my lobby. Its also good experiance even if you are very likely to lose. Just hide survivour names. I never got how people would dodge a killer or survivour because they were good at a game. Better players more experiance gained fighting them.

Its why you get some crazy efficient killers at rank 1. I do think a killer needs to be alerted if an swf enters lobby though so they know they will need to bring their best add ons and perks. Too many perk builds fall apart against swf e.g. Third seal, knock out blood warden etc. 
    Too bad they are doing the other way around
  • Croz
    edited December 2018

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Yes 

Too bad I just spent 5s to find this. What you actually ask is the avoidplayer 1.0 not the 2.0, where you can avoid WHO YOU'LL FACE not WHO'S IN YOUR TEAM

Wrong that's not what I was suggesting I can already dodge players in my team that I don't want to play with. Learn how to comprehend words.

• Croz

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Croz said:

@Malakir said:

Yes 

Also one guy has successfully explained to me how it was abused in one sentence what you failed to do in multiple paraghraphes cuz you're not looking for a conversation you're looking for a knock out battle which you failed at. Overwatch still has the avoid player system and I know of the old one which followed the black list by avoiding people you add to it. Now have you read anything here that said I want that in the game by any means? The answer is "No". I just don't want to be matched against certain specific hackers since devs can't do their job and ban them quick enough/ at all I need to be able to avoid them. How it's done not my problem I'm a user and players like that ruin the gaming experience for everyone else who pays for this game.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

\

That's an over generalization and you know it since most won't abuse anything anymore than most killers won't. There's always going to be that small % on both sides that abuse anything they can.

Cough Tinker II, Clown reload cough.

• Orion

@powerbats said:
    That's an over generalization and you know it since most won't abuse anything anymore than most killers won't. There's always going to be that small % on both sides that abuse anything they can.

It's not, and you know it. In my experience, Survivor exploits spread and are reported by Killers, whereas Killer exploits are reported by both sides. Both are abused, mind you, but Survivors finding and abusing exploits occurs far more often than Killers doing the same thing. There are exceptions, as with all things.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

It's not, and you know it. In my experience, Survivor exploits spread and are reported by Killers, whereas Killer exploits are reported by both sides. Both are abused, mind you, but Survivors finding and abusing exploits occurs far more often than Killers doing the same thing. There are exceptions, as with all things.

Well of course there's more survivors doing it since common sense dictates that there's more of them to do so. If there's 4 survivors to every 1 killer in a match then that's 4x the chances of it being exploited compared to 1.

You can't say that 1 side doesn't report it's own since that's completely false and you know it since I see survivor posts about this stuff. Both sides do it, both sides report it and both sides have their idiots with the side having more players having more.

Lets not pretend that killers are somehow angels in all this since they're most certainly not, on both sides the small % makes each side look bad. Because as with the Tinkerer bug it was a survivors that reported it not killers. Those same killers then all suddenly started exploiting it until the devs started banning people.

As far as survivor side exploits i've been paying attention and trying to report any I see and if I get a map tile with a known location i start a video to send in.

• Malakir

@powerbats said:

@Malakir said:

Isn't that what some killers do now, I've been dodged even when it's obvious i'm a solo and so is everyone else.

The best thing to do is simply not allow anyone to see anyones names or profiles until in game that cuts down the dodging and oh it's you nonsense.

I will be fine with that, less dodging overall

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

Well of course there's more survivors doing it since common sense dictates that there's more of them to do so. If there's 4 survivors to every 1 killer in a match then that's 4x the chances of it being exploited compared to 1.

You can't say that 1 side doesn't report it's own since that's completely false and you know it since I see survivor posts about this stuff. Both sides do it, both sides report it and both sides have their idiots with the side having more players having more.

Lets not pretend that killers are somehow angels in all this since they're most certainly not, on both sides the small % makes each side look bad. Because as with the Tinkerer bug it was a survivors that reported it not killers. Those same killers then all suddenly started exploiting it until the devs started banning people.

As far as survivor side exploits i've been paying attention and trying to report any I see and if I get a map tile with a known location i start a video to send in.

I meant it's disproportionately so. Tinkerer II was not as heavily abused as, say, insta-flashlights or Dead Hard.

I didn't say that one side doesn't report their own exploits. Like I said, there are exceptions. I also didn't say that Killers are angels. My experience is the way it is - Survivor exploits get passed around and abused, Killer exploits get reported.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yeah at this point i really miss the down vote or lol button...

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Croz said:

If you come across someone you don't like, blocking them should work. I believe it kicks you from their lobby. 
  • fluffybunny
    Croz said:

If you come across someone you don't like, blocking them should work. I believe it kicks you from their lobby. 
  • Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

I would like to see the name of the killer in ps4 too, actually just for stupid things like daily rituals and etc, to make a deal :D. But I understand it's better to not show it as some players might attack him even before the game I guess.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Luc_ius said:

I would like to see the name of the killer in ps4 too, actually just for stupid things like daily rituals and etc, to make a deal :D. But I understand it's better to not show it as some players might attack him even before the game I guess.

Knowing the killers name will tip you off to which killer their likely playing at the moment. So if the player is playing trapper and survivours see the killers name the can all bring sabo and deny his power. Or a hag they can all bring flashlights. Some killers would be rendered unplayable if that info was readily available. 

The killer would have to switch his character which would make mastering a killer more difficult. I prefer to have my killer to remain unknown until i have found out by seeing them pass by or them finding me. 

Can you imagine how dull it would be if players knew a myers was in play. It would kill the mystery. 
  • BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Alright so removing the ability to see what items the survivors have is just stupid because the killer is supposed to see items to allow them to prepare and edit their build. If killers couldn't see their items, then what would be the point in risking using perks like Franklin's, Lightborn or Overwhelming presence. The game was designed for killers to prepare before the match starts.

Viewing usernames is debatable however I never check profiles because it's just a waste of time and it's just annoying and tedious to do. Personally I wouldn't mind the survivor names from being hidden but removing the ability for the killer to prepare I'm against.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    edited January 2019
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby if they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see how is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

Yeah I'd like that, too.
    If you meet toxic ppl and don't want to play with them you should be able to avoid that.
    I do have encountered two survivor + killer duos that always get everyone killed in the first few minutes of the game and start farming afterwards. I got them more then once only good I can at least see the survivor names to avoid them but I've ran into the same killers with other friends. Would be easier to avoid those killers (and all the tunneling camping one's that never play fair) by seeing their names.
  • fluffybunny
    tennmio said:
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:

Abused how?

Yeah I'd like that, too.
    If you meet toxic ppl and don't want to play with them you should be able to avoid that.
    I do have encountered two survivor + killer duos that always get everyone killed in the first few minutes of the game and start farming afterwards. I got them more then once only good I can at least see the survivor names to avoid them but I've ran into the same killers with other friends. Would be easier to avoid those killers (and all the tunneling camping one's that never play fair) by seeing their names.
    If you block him, it'll kick you from his lobby pretty sure.