It amazes me red ranks still dont know what bbq and bt are

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Title. Seriously these are so common how do people not understand what they do yet?

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,100

Rank just means how much you play the game, not how good you are, so some lucky Claudette that plays a lot can easily go to red ranks without knowing what all the perks do, especially if they haven't touched Killer at all.

• EntitySpawn

I'd rather that than people just crouching to get hit later due to bbq or staying in basement after I save them with bt lol. I cant get people to do gens regardless, especially if someone is hooked haha

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Not red ranks but I try to look at everyone's builds every match and compare it to my experience with those players. Especially as survivor, looking at what killers are doing. It did take a while but yes, always assume BBQ these days. It's just a matter of discerning where the killer headed off after that hook. Kindred sure can help with that as the killer usually doesn't have a lot of time to be circumspect and heads right toward whoever. Adding open-handed to Kindred is nice because you can see that much longer.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This is what happens when you keep lowering the bar.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

We need the mmr system

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Another reason why the safety pip needs to be removed.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

I remember the first time I found out about BBQ, was against the clown, thought I had hidden and he ran right to me! I was like #########? Then I checked his perks after, changed my world

• Bluewater
    Bluewater Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2021

Most of the players with the red rank are in fact in the green rank. Because of SFW, they leveled up very quickly.

I'm also on a red rank (4th rank) but I'm not good enough yet, I still make a lot of mistakes. Actually, I should stay in the green rank area for a while. But you just leveling too fast. Either the killers are too bad or the other survivors are so good.

I only have 420 hours of play.

we need MMR

• EntitySpawn

420, nice lol. But in serious talk, i hope mmr isn't too strict tbh. I know I'm gonna be at the top for both roles and I dunno if its going to be enjoyable as either side

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Most people who play all games are clueless and shockingly bad. I've stopped playing a lot of games because it's a miserable experience to play solo. DBD is one of them. I stop for months at a time and hope when I come back, something will have changed. The game keeps getting worse. Teammates are a dumb as always.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

It is amazing how bad the average player is. So often you can see 3 of them sitting off in the corner pulling off self-care while you sit on your 1 hook all the way to death and then they all die in about 3 minutes as they yolo rescue in the basement against a bubba.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah I kinda wish rank weren't a thing because a lot of garbage players seem to think it matters. I regularly have red rank teammates who all run Self Care. I've had two games recently where I'm being chased, and the other two let the person die on the first hook WITH KINDRED.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

What’s with all the BBQ hate as of late? Ya got a 40m headstart! Sure…if ur down to 2 survivors or something, a locker hide may be in order.

By ######### would ya wanna hide with everyone alive? Just going to convince the killer you’re all near hook so they proxy camp.

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

If that amazes you then you dont understand the rank system and that there is no real ranks or match making. They are arbitrary and meaningless numbers based off of an emblem system that doesnt correctly reward skill, but rather the devs attempt at influencing the meta through pips

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,452

The funniest one for me is when I play Scratch Mirror Myers and commonly get accused of hacking. Like what? 🤣