Prestiging without using up all of a character's stuff gives me anxiety

Options
darlazon
darlazon Member Posts: 64

I just feel like I'm flushing all those bloodpoints I earned down the tubes. Same for keeping someone at level 50 and continuing to spend on them.

Comments

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

i mean, its the bloodweb. How many countless items must you buy that you never use??

Gotta be honest, I have a hard-time envisioning I’ll use any of these 741 Haddonfield offerings as killer anytime soon

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,812
    Options

I was the same way at first, but I got over it. I try to go for the cheapest things on the Bloodweb when prestiging, and I'll usually use any personal 100% BP bonus offerings (but not necessarily BPS, they're so unlucky that I often just trash 'em). I just consider the lost stuff as part of the cost.

• darlazon
    darlazon Member Posts: 64
    Options
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,407
    Options

I only burn all remaining BP offerings apart from the brown ones. When it comes to prestiging, I only consider doing it once I've run out of add-ons I usually run.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

The bloodpoint offerings are only useful up to the million points I want before prestiging a character. Everything else is gonezo.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 404
    Options

I try to prestige characters before events happen so I don't have to worry about that, although it's been a grind. (The anniversary cakes help out a lot though). I burn as many 100% BP offerings while running WGLF or BBQ to get the most out of them before a character gets reset.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

I always gather 1M before prestiging a character, though it's easier to me prestiging in events, that's how I still have some items and gateus from last year.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

When I try to burn all my add ons on a killer before prestiging. Then I get people claiming I'm a try hard. So damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

You wouldn't like to hear what I've been doing today then...

At least my pig is almost P3 now

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

I feel you and now I'm going back to finish my 47 trickster matches so I don't waste a single anniversary cake.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

I feel that.

i usually always use up all non-brown offerings and all items before I prestige.

but for Jill and Leon I kinda rushed through it so they can get at least some event items and offerings. Jill is finished and I have Leon on P2 now. Still use up most of the useful stuff but it felt like was wasting stuff..

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262
    Options

They seriously need to give us the option to sell offerings and add ons and refund some bloodpoints.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

There is no real benefit to prestiging and there are no guarantees you'll get all your perks back in a timely manner in the current bloodweb system. I've set fire to my perks once before only to not get any of them back till I was ready to prestige again. Unlike CoD where you get more guns and pieces of flair in DBD it actively hinders your ability to play the game. It's not worth if for a bloody cosmetic when we have better cosmetics.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

I feel the same way. I've had to force prestige quite a few characters because I wanted cakes in their new bloodwebs and it wasn't feasible for me to play enough games to use up all their stuff before the event ends (plus I don't want to be using hella OP addons, moris, and self-favoring bloodpoint offerings as killer right now when I could be using an abundance of cake instead.)

Though I'm also neurotic in that once I hit P3, I don't like using addons or offerings anymore, period. I just want to watch the numbers climb.