DCing with 5 cakes.

Options
baseballfan4877
baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Screw every single survivor that DCs 1 minute into the game even with 5 cakes.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Prior to the last patch i crashed 12 times, i havent crashed since then. So no, i woukdnt assume that anymore

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

nah im talking about the purposeful ones. person brings a key then gets downed in 30 seconds. dcs. next person i down dcs

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Im not saying crashes dont still happen. What i am saying is i was heavily effected by the crashes on console and i havent crashed in a week except once or twice during loading. Im sure it still hapoens, i doubt its happening as often

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I ran into that too. It gave me some weird error code and gave me no experience despite ranking me up and giving me bloodpoints.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Well... Same for killers its not just survivors

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

If the bloodpoints are important to you, why not farm with 5 cakes? Especially after one of them dc's.

If you are killing them fast you are not going to get much bp anyway.

You can't have it both ways that easily. If people go hard it is less bp's for everyone.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

Doesn't the match still go on if a survivor dc's tho? Just farm or kill them all

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    edited July 2021
    Options

I mainly hate the DCs when I'm a survivor, because I can't control if the killer chooses to farm or just murders all of us quickly without any chance to earn points. It's usually the latter. A teammate DCing is as much of a wasted cake as if I ran into a facecamping Bubba or a tombstone Myers (both of which I've encountered since the event started.) I'm lucky if I walk out of that match with more than 10k points.

• MochelMyersWetcave
    MochelMyersWetcave Member Posts: 27
    Options

I know but If you decide to play Stridor Spirit with mutiple slowdowns and good addons against Solos who use Selfcare, Urban and Spine Chill you probably don't care about their fun/ experience.

My teammates and I never left with more than 10k points during this event because those Spirits sweated this hard and my mates dc'd or just farmed each other of the Hook.

I'm not directly dcing when i hear her but when i see her just slugging people or hard tunneling someone out at 5 Gens, I'm out.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited July 2021
    Options

Between the cliche civ comment, calling people “victims” for a dc (lmao), and the generalizing comment of “typical survivor” you used earlier, you’ve made it clear you’re in your feelings way too deep about a casual game.

DCing is an immature move, but you can’t control other people, and with how terrible the game is running currently, you can’t feasibly keep a penalty up.

Maybe some fresh air or another game would do you some good.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    Options

Except you're not supposed to DC because you dislike the killer, or the map, or how the first 30 seconds of the match went. It's against the rules, the mods will delete posts for encouraging it, you can be banned for doing it to excess, and it's only possible to abuse right now because the penalty against it was disabled to avoid punishing mass crashes on certain platforms.

The 'leave match' option exists so that players can escape hostage situations and glitches that prevent the game from ending. It's not there as an 'I'm not having fun any more' button and people abusing it as such are the reason the DC penalty was implemented in the first place.

Yes, they can't stop you from ragequitting or cherrypicking your games, but the game designers do not want you to do this and you will be punished for doing it too often. So. No, you can't DC all you want.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

A lot of games have some sort of penalty for disconnecting. Usually the first 1 or 2 are freebies but after that there's a time penalty.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Then you didn't play games which do have penalties for dc'ing.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,734
    Options

Please remember to keep your comments civil and respectful, and a reminder the encouragement or endorsement of Unsportsmanlike Behavior (DCing) is against Forum Rules.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

completive games do, but they barely or don't have one for the casual mode of said game.

Either way, DC is pretty lame for everyone involved, but at the same time, I do get it.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    Options

5 cakes played in a round with an insidious camping bubba in the basement- true story and has happened more than once. My heart isnt breaking for killers getting a bunch of dc's in games.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Options
  • Izy
    Izy Member Posts: 27
    Options

Haven't DC'd yet but I kind of see why people are doing it.

When I see 5 cakes I try to play fairly chill so everyone just gets a ton of points. Survivor's been mostly chill killers in my experience but not always, Killer however, non-stop brutal matches that are just exhausting and sweaty as can be. The more cakes in a game the worse it seems to be. I think there's a much higher frequency of SWF groups and they are just playing really hard, super coordinated games where I'm just stressed to even get a single kill playing "fair".

It really doesn't help that the tome is ending at the same time as this event. In some cases people have to ultra try hard to complete their challenges in time. That part I get at least.

It's taken a lot out of me the past two days to not just play in ways where I go into a game feeling like I want to be merciless, or doing whatever it takes to counter a good team that's dead set on just crushing me. I just keep getting punished for trying to start out kind of chill. I have to up my game and play ultra aggressively because I'm not given any room to play nice to recover. Then people just turn around and DC on me instead.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
    Options

I stay in even after 2 dcs. IT JUST SUCKS CAUSE YOU GET LOME 5K POINTS AND THE KILLER HAS 15K+. All the dcs are in their fa or. You did nothing in the end but give them more points.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 76
    Options

No matter what the killer is, I stay of its 3 or more cakes. If I match is unwinnable I start doing things last minute to wrap in some more points, totems, chest, maybe halfway try and do a gen. Help a few teammates that are injured or even try to loop the killer long enough for the other survivor to find hatch before I die. Even a terrible match with a DC at 5 gens can get me 160k points. So I might as well stay. There is no point in leaving a match that wont even last more than 10 minutes when I can get that much BP.

However as killer? I honestly will just let the last few survivors go if they stay long enough. Hopefully farm if we can.