The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"why are hillbillys so rare"

akanadi
akanadi Member Posts: 242

so i tried playing billy i believe i played decently usually ended with at least 1 kill but everytime i play him its always the same thing "ggez" and constant tbagging and flashlight clicks but i dont really care about toxicity but i see why theyre little to no billys out there so unless BHVR buffs him and makes him welcoming to people new to him or he will be super rare

Comments

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

If you only get 1 kill that's not "playing decently." You got trounced, that's probably why you get GGEZ'd. Still poor sportsmanship on their part but just saying.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477
  • WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

and the point of this post was?

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

No. We don't need more cool down, USELESS ADD-ON, BUG INFESTED KILLERS. We need MORE killers like Spirit/Blight.

Good mobility, SKILLFUL power, & great add-on to complement said power. New Wraith is a good start.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

I love playing Billy, I do decent with Billy and I even started using my 2016 build again (more or less) because I used to be a Billy Main back in the day. Using Shadowborn, Enduring, Whispers, Deerstalker.

Same with Myers. For now I'll play those 2 with my 2016 builds.

I don't know why but playing Billy again gives me nostalgia and brings me back to 2016.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

People have thin skin and don't wanna put in the effort to become good billies, that's why

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Hey! Hey!...sometimes I insidious face camp the basement too lol.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Exactly this

When a killer’s ability becomes behind the player’s skill level they move on to the next easy mode killer.

So called billy mains disappeared

So called Freddy mains disappeared

Bubba mains tripled.

“He got nerfed so l can’t play him”

this is actively admitting you can’t play a killer unless it’s either to strong, OP or broken.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

P3 Billy main here. I would argue that Billy is still one of the best killers on the roster. He still has decent map pressure after the changes and his kit is good. But, like Nurse, he has a learning curve which some people are not ready for. In my opinion, no killer should be super easy to learn. You should have to really know how to use a killer in order to bring out their full potential and Billy, Nurse, Spirit are great examples of that. Do I like his overheat feature/cooldown they added? No. I hate it for the simple fact it messes with my cross maps. However I understand why they did it. Only thing I would change about Billy is make it so his overheat does not start while revving his chainsaw. Only when sprinting

• Killing_Time

I'm also a p3 Billy main. He's my ONLY p3 and my next highest is HAG. Billy just isn't fun anymore. I played WITHOUT add-on and only downed with M2. The heat crap did it for me.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Let's also be fair, DBD doesn't provide a positive learning environment for people looking to pick up new killers.

Of course you don't expect to do well with a killer you just started learning. But by god do survivors manage to sometimes make it a truly miserable experience.

• Lupo
    Lupo Member Posts: 17

Well, is an old killer, among many more interesting easier killers to learn, even more so after the unnecessary nerf... so it makes sense to me

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

You really shouldn't be overheating that often, even if you do M2 only. Unless you encounter every single survivor in the same area and try to chainsaw all of them in rapid succession, you almost always have at least some room to get back heat while you hook or just look for another survivor. It's fairly forgiving as long as you're not missing too often, or running double engravings.

• Crazewtboy

Honestly I blame a majority of that on the matchmaking. Getting high rank survivors when trying to learn a new killer is frustrating. I also believe they should follow through with their idea of giving every killer their own skill level, that way a red rank killer can learn someone new, but not play against survivors who will destroy them.

• Crazewtboy

It is aggravating. I can see why I guess. With the right add-ons and skill one could loop around most maps infinitely. But I think they overdid it. I find myself moving away from him as well because the overheat function seems to make him less fun.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

i think if billy maybe had like legions killer instinct after chaining a kill it would help his play otherwise your stuck with the hammer a lot of the time

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I think Billy is 100% viable, without a doubt. The thing is though, he suffers from being WAY too map reliant, which pretty much hinders his mobility and turns him into a worse Leatherface. Blight can at least play around most indoor maps, including Lery's, Hawkins, and The Game.

He's definitely fun to play as though, and no way in hell trash tier, but sometimes he can be miserable to play as.

• Crazewtboy

I can manage the game, and sometimes I can even swing Lery's, but don't get me started on Hawkins

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Hillbilly isn't a very skill-based killer for me. Survivors jerk around and teleport everywhere the moment they get withing hitting distance of me, so backrevs are aaot.pure luck rather than skill because it really is impossible to tell where they are, and his bump map is as chaotic and unpredictable as Blight's so curving is pretty much random as well.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Actually, this is a game where I can, and do, show off significantly more skill than survivors and still lose because predrop-and-W is meta.

That's actually one of DbD's biggest complaints: Skill and effort aren't rewarded for various reasons.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,202

Blight is just better. That has a lot to do with Billy's rarity nowadays. Billy tends to just eat pallets and then the game is over if the survivors are efficient.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

they don't do that when you play spirit

must be a weak killer thing

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

SWF is doing to all killers. I had clicky survivors when i was playing Nurse or Blight.

• wizencrayfish
    wizencrayfish Member Posts: 58

that brings back memories. I am a survivor main. Back in the day hearing the chainsaw rev would make me go aw ######### here we go. he was a scary mofo to play against. Every rare game I see a good billy and I smile even as he mories my ass to death in glee. :)

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46

You do realize spirit requires no brain activity right?

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

I had someone clicky me as spirit then i jumpscared them to death and they didn't do it again

• StealthBadger
    StealthBadger Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021

Hillbillys are rare because most of them launched themselves into orbit before the nerf. There won't be many around until they hit reentry, except for the ones that reached escape velocity. They're chasing aliens or something.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Who's to say it's his fault that he got 1k though? We all know this game's not balanced.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Like the Nurse Billy takes skill too use as well. Most Billy's are M1llys now and days.

i actually started using Billy again with Lethal Pursuer, best thing ever. no gen regression either feelsbadman to the survivors.

• Killing_Time

Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm also a Nurse main on console & PC. I just chose to play Billy more unless I knew for a fact it was SWF. With Billy gone, I mainly terrorize people with Wraith & Spirit. Nurse is reserved for SWF with all kinds of items.

NOED, BBQ, POP, & SLOPPY is what you get for bringing items.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Billy is not a bad Killer he just needs some minor tweaks.

Meaningful addons, a more consistent hitbox on the chainsaw and he would be perfect. Yes it is hard to play him but you are rewarded with a Killer that has map mobility, instadown, good background story and a cool chase music.

The problem is that you can always take Bubba. And Bubba works for lower ranks where most people play. Billys mobillyty only comes into play at higher levels where Bubba gets beaten with 1 hook because the survivors finished all the gens at the other side of the map.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Doses anyone remember when "m1billies" were a thing. The mark of a good billy was always be chainsawing. And that was fun. I learned to billy but completly ignoring that m1 existed for about a hundred games, till the saw became a part of you, and with enough skill you could make almost every tile a nightmare for survivors.

The overheat didn't make billy harder or more rewarding, it removed the high level tricks that took so long to master, and left you with the mallet and backrevving, with good mobilty.

He's not bad now, and a backrevved insta down and ability to zip around the map at high speeds is plenty strong, if he was a new killer he would be balanced.

But he used to be one of the only 2 killers that could hang with top level swf teams, if you got a billy that had their m2 button taped down the entire game you were in for a rough time. Hell, he used to be held up by the community as the ideal balance point for killers, and now he's just not that, sadly.

• Brambles5
    Brambles5 Member Posts: 41

I don't understand why his difficulty level is always "easy"🙄 It might be easier if he used the chainsaw just for movement, but that doesn't play to his strengths. It's a mystery to me if the management is using him properly now.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

This is why I don't play Billy anymore, survivors go from side to side extremely fast, also don't forget phantom saws, not blaming the survivors I'm blaming dedicated servers in Billy's case, I can deal with the overheat unless I wanna use double engravings but I just can't deal with survivors teleporting from side to side.

Also the roar because it limits curving surprise since they know which side you are going.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

I'm actually playing Hillbilly this very momeny and I love playing as him, mainly because the best way to play him is being both inventive and nuts!

This doesn't necessarily wprk on other killers, but with Billy I find he's still very effective (just had a 3k on Haddonfield with no add-ons, and Unrelenting and Insidious as my randomly generated perks), and it's fun acting as a lunatic!

Sure, his cooldown did make him less viable, but he's still a great killer, and certainly the most enjoyable, since even if I fail I've had fun!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Billy used to be the Gold Standart for balancing. Both sides agreed that Billy is perfectly fine and doesn´t require a buff nor a nerf.

Now he´s just a bad example of how good intentions can ruin a perfectly fine killer.