Would you use Bbq Or Wglf without their bp multipliers?

Options
Personman
Personman Member Posts: 8
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Because I wouldn't. I personally feel like both of these perks are easily replaced with better perks, unfortunately they're mandatory for this game's ridiculous bloodpoint grind.

Comments

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

No. Most of the time I forget to look with BBQ.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2021
    Options

No. As it is, I use BBQ religiously but only run WGLF if I'm bringing a bloodpoint offering or don't have good perk options on the character, because BBQ's effect is widely helpful in a match and WGLF's is not.

Edit: Whoops, I read that backwards. I might still use BBQ, but would probably switch to Discordance as my main info perk. Definitely there's some killers I'd take it off of because it's not that useful outside of the bloodpoints. WGLF, absolutely not; on its own, it's barely more useful than Buckle Up.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,990
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'd resume using it on Billy and Blight, but use Thrilling instead for most killers.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Absolutely I wouldn't. I use bbq/wglf in every build solely bc of the bps. I'd prefer to use other perks. Tho I won't be afraid to admit picking up slugs alot faster with wglf or seeing auras with bbq isn't nice at times just not something I want most of the time.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I’ve gotten used to using BBQ so much that I might not be able to take it off. I always look for survivor auras after hooks regardless if I have the perk or not.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I would use BBQ on certain killers. Wouldn't touch We're Gonna Live Forever though.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

I wouldn't use WGLF if it had that feature removed. I used to have it permanently affixed to my build before they added the downed heal increase, back when the points were the only aspect about it.

BBQ can stay though, because the aura reading is already a really good part of it.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited July 2021
    Options

BBQ&CHili? Yes. I tend to play killers who need more map awareness and I like chasing people around. The BP bonus helps with the grind though. WGLF not so much these days. It isn't really worth the hassle now that it only works on protection hits and Safe Unhooks. I can't remember the last time I got a safe unhook. Killers are usually never that far away or the person bee-lines towards the killer cause they want to get their DS stun like their gonna explode if they don't.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Nope. The only time I use bbq for tracking is on my nurse. I run wglf all the time but that's for farming. If the bp gains were removed from both id probably never use them.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'd still use BBQ because the aura reading is nice. I've actually never used WGLF before except for Adept David and a couple of older Tome challenges.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

wglf is decent, id use it if it got a buff

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

That's a "no" from me on both.

I've already taken BBQ off of a number of killer builds (Trapper, Hag, Doctor), and the ones I've kept in on, it's almost entirely for the BP bonus. Better perks I'd use instead would be Thrilling Tremors, STBFL, or Sloppy Butcher.

I run WGLF on some survivor builds when I'm looking for BP -- take that away, and there just isn't any reason to run it. There's too many better perks to go with instead.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

WGLF isnt that good though, it can come clutch on a heavy slug situation, but besides that, its heavily niche.

BBQ has more uses, mainly fast killers, so possibly.

• peachblade
    peachblade Member Posts: 68
    Options

BBQ yes. WGLF no.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

I would still use BBQ. Would probably only use WGLF to count protection hits/unhooks for challenges though.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,416
    Options

I would honestly rather use Thrilling on most killers than BBQ. WGLF on the other hand, has a really strong anti-slugging effect, so maybe.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

It's a no from me

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

Yes, BBQ is the most powerful perk I have, then again I don't main an OP killer (I use Shape)

Although, I mainly play killer for tome challenges and ps5 trophies, I run BBQC, Nurses, Discordance, and Ruin. When I am playing to win and not doing some stupid challenge this is my go to, and they work wonderfully.

In my opinion, anyone that says they ONLY run it for the bps, is FLAT OUT LYING! Are you trying to tell us that you close your lying eyes when you hook a survivor, liar?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Nope. I always forget to look with bbq and Wglf makes safe unhooking more rewarding.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

Don't give the devs ideas you know they like to **** us any way they can

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

Eh, depends on the killer.

On wraith i wouldnt. Unless they reduce thrilling tremors cooldown.

• neekocheeko
    neekocheeko Member Posts: 88
    Options

I'd use bbq occasionally but there are better survivor tracking perks I would rather use over it, but it's still good. Wouldn't use wglf if it didn't have the bonus.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

BBQ - Probably. I find it very useful to know where to go next. Makes up for my lack of game sense.

WGLF - I barely use it now, so yeah, no. Wouldn't use it without its bonus.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Id use thrilling or discordance over bbq. Often i do

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

Would be wastes of perk slots

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

WGLF Needs a Buff

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don't think I'd use WGLF but yeah I'd keep running BBQ because the information is great.

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105
    Options

Definitely not! Especially wglf which has no effect besides the blood points

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Barbecue and Chili is an amazing perk even without the BP gain. But realistically, I would go for something a little more personalized without the BP. I already use Ruin and NOED as crutches. Might as well just run a full hex build because lol.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

On fast Killers BBQ has use, or even Killers trying to protect a 3 gen. In most surv matches WGLF has very limited use without the BP.

My experience with WGLF is that I'm too far away or the Killer is sticking way too close to make it's other effect viable outside of SWF.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

no. Thrilling tremors gives better information then bbq since you can hide behind gens while progressing them and be hidden from bbq

WGLF has no real use outside of the bonus multiplier. Rezing slugs a bit faster is nice but not worth a perk slot.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

No.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

No, I would use Thrilling tremors instead.

And I dont own WGLF and seems like they not gonna put it into event shrine either

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32
    Options

BBQ - probably because I find the information I get to be really valuable

WGLF - No, I genuinely only use that for BPs