The new Trickster skin reflects more of a survivor.

Options
Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Without a doubt, it is the best skin Trickster could have. But just by looking at him she looks like a survivor.

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,728
    Options

Mainly agree with this. It looks fantastic - all Trickster outfits do - but his base outfit has him splattered in blood and his one outfit that didn't was super edgy and made him look like a flamboyant vampire with a spiked bat. Even his weapon isn't particularly cruel in this one - it's a glowing rainbow baton.

I love the Trickster and his design and disagree with the complaints that he doesn't fit DBD, but yeah, this is the most survivor-looking killer you could possibly have.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,987
    Options
  • GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Just because he takes the concept of a celebrity that kills people while hidden, doesn't mean that he can't be at least a little bit freaky or scary. He could be, for example, a star with its face botched by plastic surgery, something like Michael Jackson or someone similar.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    Options

Just because someone is not beautiful, doesn't mean that they can't have fame armor. A twat with a botched face could have as much of a personality as Trickster has while also fitting alongside the rest of the cast, looking creepy to everyone.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

100% agree with this.

I also think the base design is fine. Fits the game and the various details make him look like a proper killer. Not so much for this newer outfit. It definitely looks nice (take notes, Yun-Jin, take a lot of notes), but it also really does look like a survivor's outfit.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127
    Options

I really love his new skin - whoever designed it did an amazing job. I'm actually working on some fanart for him with the new skin x3

I have the lowest graphics settings possible just to be able to play and would probably mistake him for a Survivor if someone did have Tinkerer. I actually thought a zombie was a teammate earlier xD;

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Legion though???

Literally insane how much players complain about Trickster's design while ignoring everything else in this game. lol

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Frank literally hides as a survivor in their trailer,any of them would look like regular survivors without their knives and masks.

• Voodoo_Thirsty
    Voodoo_Thirsty Member Posts: 522
    Options

Interesting fact:

Trickster uses Jake Park's exact model but with longer arms.

I think he's easily portable as a survivor and even might've been planned to be one at some point.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2021
    Options

yeah, but some people also like that about him. I love that he just looks like this generic, somewhat strange-looking k-pop star. His face looks a little off, like his eyes, his movement, like his knife-throwing animation, looks very unnatural, and his facial expressions are uncanny looking when mixed with his slightly abnormal human face. All these things really give him that "killer" look, and I really really dig it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Trickster is meant to look like your average Korean man. Just like legion look like a bunch of edgy teens

• Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174
    Options

Why does he have to be disfigured to be scary? Regular looking people are some of the scariest things out there.

Because you never see it coming. You're what? 40% likely to be murdered by a relative or close friend than a stranger? Regular Humans are truely the scariest things on the planet. Have you ever seen a Karen video? Traumatising.

• Alexmon70
    Alexmon70 Member Posts: 92
    Options

its literally a baseball bat with a blade and knuckle dusters for holding. I think that's a cool ass weapon design rather then your standard machete, hands/claws, cane, etc. its the one that looks legit creative.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    Options

The idea of a hidden killer works on other settings, but not on DbD. When taking the concept of a killer that is supposed to blend in with the society, the story normally happens to be on a regular place because then you will not be expecting when the threat appears, and when it appears, it should cause you paranoia since now you know that you can't trust everyone. DbD doesn't work like that. On this game, you spawn at a random and creepy location, which may be an abandoned hospital or a farm with a lot of dead animals. On this setting, you should instantly be able to identify who the killer is, as they should look too unfamiliar from the other survivors or straight up looking messed up in some way to give an instant sense of fear. Even the most human killers, like the Plague or The Pig have that element that instantly causes some distress on the player. On Pig's case, it is the rotting pig head and on Plague, it is the ancient looks and her disgusting skin. Trickster doesn't look so instantly threatening, neither he is in a setting that builds him up as a mastermind or something.

False. Trickster is not a regular person. Being a K-pop star makes him too distant from a regular person's reality, so he doesn't fit on the category of a "close friend" or "relative". Also, his behavior, his looks, his way of throwing knives and even his mori is too "exotic" to feel like someone who could be close to you. Unless, of course, you work with eccentric celebrities on a daily basis, which I doubt you do.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

Im barely playing this game anymore. Once when I saw the Trickster chasing a Killer with Tinkerer activated, for like 2 seconds I was so sure that he's a Survivor. That was the first time in almost 5 years I felt this way about a killer. Like it.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 952
    Options

So you're saying a shirtless Jake Park might be possible?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options

Trickster has a lullaby like huntress, so tinkerer isn't gonna help much

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2021
    Options

Pretty much.

Part of why DBD has been popular to me is that although we all know it is not as scary as it once was when we started the game, the genre is still without a doubt a Horror genre.

I think from an aesthetic standpoint he looks too much like a survivor and not enough like a killer. Even those who through their Lore we are told were once beautiful are now terrifying and intimidating, like Adiris for example. You can tell she was once beautiful and statuesque… and yet every time I see her I wonder what she used to look like. Like, there is a story there. This is why I love her, because her presence and overall aesthetic resemble the tragedy of her backstory.

With Trickster is the opposite of that effect.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174
    edited July 2021
    Options

False. Eccentric personalities and celebs are just regular people at the end of the day.

Its you as an individual that distances yourself from them. Seeing them as something they are not.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    Options

If you say that an eccentric celebrity counts as regular every day person, so it falls on that category of "hidden killer" then almost every killer on the game also fits in it, not only Trickster.

Doctor was a neuroscientist. Who never met a researcher in college? Nurse was well... A Nurse, someone who you are supposed to rely on your time of need. Amanda was simply a drug addict and Freddy was a predator. In the end, the idea of a Korean idol that kills people is just as far-fetched as a mad scientist or sadist torturer.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

*ponders if calling trickster a he and she in the same sentence is a passive aggressive slam or a typo*

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

I always just saw him as the successful psychopath archetype of horror. Similar to the film American psycho but this is just the K pop Psycho. Not sure if thats what people wanted in the game but thats always been why I though he fit personally he is just a different archetype to fill out the killer colorwheel.