Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Opinions on Bubba?

Zokenay
Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I feel he should get a rework...

His ability is just BS if you dont have any pallet or good window near, and i dont even wanna start with Bubba basement or Agi/IronG/MadG build that makes impossible to escape him if you get caught

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

He is my go to when the challenge wants kills. Let's just say that. Winky face!

• Wavy
    Wavy Member Posts: 162

He is strong and unfair. But still, i love that granny bubba skin

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Bubba is a UNIT

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Bubba is so cute.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    edited July 2021

It used to be doctor that kept all the noobs at low ranks since they could not do the skill checks. Now it’s Bubba since you need to know how to loop to beat him.

• Zokenay

You can greatly blame the fps drops on console for that...

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

He's not broken or anything I think he's overall average but he's extremely boring to go against either you pay attention to the nearest window around you at all times so he can't chainsaw or you start feeding him pallets and hope they're not all gone by the time you get the gens done. This does not lend itself to interesting gameplay imo so I just have to hope my team takes advantage of his lack of mobility and gets the gens done as quickly as possible away from whoever he's chasing so I can try and get a more interesting killer ASAP.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

Not sure if he needs a rework, because the Bubba you know today already is the result of a rework.

I feel like he was a little bit overbuffed, but that is just my opinion. And when it comes to Bubba, I am definitely no expert.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Weak killer. Needs to camp and slug to get kills against a strong team.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

i have tried bubba and i feel that to play his character is very difficult especially the use of the chainsaw. they need to work on aim targets in using that weapon for it is incapable to use that weapon in my book. but to bonk them with the hammer that also could use work on aim targets. i will probably not play him as much.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

I really like to play and play against bubba expect a facecamping bubba

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

A blast to play as and against. His rework was phenomenal, and in my opinion, one of the best killer reworks BHVR has ever done. He has very consistent counterplay (windows and pallets), and excels in terms of chase.

His add-ons are also very well-designed, and extremely fun to use. Even the great Speed Limiter is fun as heck! You have a large variety. An add-on that turns Bubba into his old self, with a longer duration but longer early slowdown (Carburetor Tuning Guide), add-ons that increase the duration of the chainsaw (Chili add-ons), add-ons that increase the speed of the chainsaw sprint (Beast Marks idk what the yellow one is called), and an add-on that recharges your chainsaw immediately after hitting a survivor with your chainsaw! (Iridescent Flesh)

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Bubba is fine, honestly.

With his last rework he got a certain level of skill while still being an "easy" Killer. He has a strong chase but gets beaten pretty badly by tight looping and windows. He also allows some good play by sprinting around the loop to hit you and when he misses he has his tantrum as a punishment for the Bubba.

As such you have a Killer with counterplay, skill and even a rescource system. Also he has very limited mobility as well as good maps and bad maps.

His face camp capability is a pain, yes. But Bubba is in a good spot right now. Strong teams demolish you, yes, but even against soloQ players he has a fair chance for both sides.

The thing is that Bubba can punish a mistake pretty harshly. You are 3 survivors trying to finish that Gen in Bubbas face? Get rekt because he will down you and you match is over. But this is fair as you had a pretty good chance at running away early.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

His ability is just BS if you dont have any pallet or good window near

ok....and any other killer wont benefit from having a survivor outpositioned?

• Zokenay

With most killers you can at least take a hit to run to a better position and maybe even dodge it, not with him, you go down and dodging his chainsaw is next to impossible if you dont have a pallet or window

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

So noob stomper that someone actually won over oracle at a tournment with bubba

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

He'd be fine if dedicated servers could handle stuns while he's chainsawing. Instead, they just give stun points 9/10 times and he breaks the pallet.

His camping ability is bs, but BHVR has embraced it. So, whatever.

• awustzdn
    awustzdn Member Posts: 317

He's already been reworked. Old Bubba was F-tier, down where Trickster and Trapper live, because of how awful his basekit was and his add-ons being bugged for years on end. Current Bubba is a solid B-tier.

He has all the same weaknesses as any other killer that lacks mobility, and good loopers are still every bit as frustrating as on any other average killer. Perhaps even moreso, if they're employing Bubba-specific tactics to get him to accidentally tantrum on stupid stuff like a knee-high bucket he didn't see around the corner, or a tree branch that otherwise has no significant collision, or the top of certain staircases.

Windows are anathema to him. Even if he's running Bamboozle, if you have multiple windows nearby, best he can do is M1 if he doesn't catch you out of position. Lery's in particular is hell as him if he doesn't catch you in a long hall. Just find some spot where you can chain a bunch of annoying windows together and he'll have to ditch.

He is particularly good at taking down the weak link in the team, and is a deadly hook defender if you lack the patience to get him to leave the hook. If he won't leave the hook, then cut your losses and hold M1 on a gen as usual. He does become extremely strong if he gets a good 3-gen, however. Don't let him get a good 3-gen and he becomes any other low mobility killer.

At the end of the day he's a relatively average killer that does one thing extremely well, and that's punish people that get caught in bad positions. He doesn't really do anything else.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

He’s not OP, but is easily one of the easiest killers. I hate how Billy is much harder to play, but yields worse results. It’s not right.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

Bubba + Tinkerer = Absolute nightmare fuel!

He can feel unfair, but he's also one of the few killers that genuinely instills a feeling of terror, and nerfing him could result in that aura vanishing. The game really needs some more horror aspects, so getting rid of one seems counter-productive.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Leave Bubba alone!

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I personally like going against the new bubba (and wraith) more as it's more of a challenge but you can still usually last a while in chase unless the killer is very good or you're caught in a deadzone. I'd probably feel differently if I was a newer survivor though

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Easy to play and boring to play against. He's the killer version of The Game map - you have no options but to predrop every single pallet.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Try "Trail of Torment".

You can chase a survivor away from a gen and if you do not get your down, go back, kick it and get Undetectable to start your next chase. Just Bubba things.If you want you can even "gen camp" and get flamed for that in the endgame chat.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

No, he was properly buffed and IMO is fine. You HAVE to know how to loop and rush gens to beat him. Since Billy was killed, he's my go to for sale mining.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

The tournaments that don’t even let survivors use meta perks? Lol. Yeah doesn’t hold much weight.

And it’s not like I care about those tournaments I used to spank Instant Dodge all the time back in the day. Some of those players are on Oracle now.

And as I said, map dependent. I doubt you will see Bubba winning on a map like “the game”.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

He's the perfect killer for this current crop of survivors.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

He is decent. They could do something against his camping potential, but i have no idea what would work, so whatever.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

He is the strongest camper in the game and without it he cant compete against good survivor, but i dont like to camp.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2021

Bubba is perfectly fine as he is now. He has strengths he can play to, weaknesses that Survivors can play around, a power that offers plenty of opportunities to use it, and a power that warns the Survivors when he's about to become particularly dangerous. These are all very healthy designs for both the Killer and the Survivor, as it gives both ample opportunities to play with and around each other.

Yes, a camping Bubba sucks to deal with. Outside of that, however, his design is perfectly fine.

Also, I realize that some people think his ability to link all three charges to outpace a Sprint Burst seems busted, but you KNOW you are up against a Bubba. You should be using that Sprint Burst to get to a window or obstacles where his power operates at a deficit. If you aren't, that's on you for not using his VERY WELL KNOWN counters against him. Running in the open, SB or not, is dangerous against him. We ALL know this. If that's still your play and you suffer for it, that's on you. If no window is within range of a SB, that is either extremely bad RNG or, more likely, a case of "you went the wrong way".

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

"his ability is BS if you don't have a pallet or window"

You know it's almost like...they designed his power to be good at punishing players who are out of position...but nah that couldn't be it, right? Would be a crazy thought to have a killer that can heavily punish survivors for poor play.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Oh I love me a bubba his face always amuses me when you loop him. Looks lost bless him lol

• Freddy96

The game is actually one of the best maps for bubba lol

• Freddy96

I think you can win if you play well even against moderately coordinated survivors as i did once, not gonna get 12hooks and 4k but definitely not the "noob stomper" people claim he is.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Bubba is fine

• GeneralV

Well, as they say to each their own.

I don't think he is broken or anything, I just think the buff was a little bit too much. I feel like removing his movement speed penalty while charging up the chainsaw would've been enough.

I think the whole "charges" thingy was unnecessary.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

He takes no skill to play and has a instadown ability. But he lacks mobility and map pressure making MANY bubbas camp REALLY HARD.

The only counterplay is spaming windows and hope he doesn't run bamboozle. Currently my most hated killer to face.

• Killing_Time

Uh, no his add-ons literally didn't work and he needed more. He's fine as he is now.

• GeneralV

You are right, I forgot about his add-ons.

They required a few changes too.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
  • Killing_Time

It sucks when it happens, yes, but thankfully there are so many potatoes at high ranks I can ATLEAST camp one person. That's all I need to enjoy the game.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

That...I have to agree with. All these red ranks survivors I encounter as killer or survivor are actual potatoes.

• Killing_Time

I don't mind throwing the entire game to get one person out of the game, especially if I'm Bubba.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I love Bubba. To me he's basically old Billy in chase.

The camping is annoying but otherwise I think he's perfectly balanced.

• Friendbilly6969
    Friendbilly6969 Member Posts: 35

Horrible trash and garbage dumpster fire man bad question.