Would anybody complain if RPD required 6 gens to be completed? (NOT THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA)

Options
Haddix
Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

This would be a total bandaid change, so I'm not at ALL saying this would be a good change, but let's say that, hypothetically, the RPD required 6 gens to be completed instead of 5. Even though there are far better changes to be made, would anybody complain about this? I feel like this map is so huge and requires so much effort to get around that it would probably still be bad even with another gen, or, at the very least, somewhat closer to being balanced considering its size.

I just feel that it's odd that DBD can have maps like Coal Tower and maps like the RPD and they have the SAME EXACT escape condition of completing 5 gens. Given this, isn't it technically literally impossible for the RPD to be balanced with it also has good setups, amazing windows, and multiple god pallets?

Comments

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

As someone who actually likes the map on both killer & survivor, I don't want to spend more time on a gen & defending them than I actually do.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I also think this would be a good change. I'm not saying a 6 gen requirement would be a good change, I'm just asking if anyone would complain about it having a higher gen completion requirement to escape given its size.

• KeiOrtem
    KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252
    Options

I think another problem with the map is the fact that apparently hatch can actually spawn on the second floor and not to mention that killers may slug the last two players a lot more due to how far away the doors are. The doors dont move but when you have to weave in and our of rooms and maze-like hallways, the survivor is pretty much guaranteed a free escape unless you are like hag with mint rag lol.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

I think they should just unretire the offering so people can get used to it , it's really not that bad I went in KYF for a few hours straight with this map every match and I've started to get used to the layout on survivor and killer, it feels alot bigger than it actually is because of the big open middle room

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Unpopular opinion, I think in red ranks a 6th gen should be added to all maps.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

Arent there two Gens in the Main Hall by default? So the Killer would basically only have to defend the Main Hall...

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I feel like the map is just as bad for survivor as it is for killer. Hard to find gens, there's like 4 god pallets but after that then the rest are a death sentence to use and being chased is basically just run through the hallway and hope for something.

Not saying that it's a killer sided map, cause it's hard to locate survivors if they play immersed, it's big and super tough to patrol gens + the infinite window.

Overall just a bad map for both sides.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Don't need to change the map at all. Just give me an option to never play on it, and we're good.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

This is one of the best killer focused maps ever made. I have only ever seen exactly ONE useful pallet. Almost every window is within two steps of a door and there are about a million corners to literally corner survivors in. If your problem is finding your way around it, that is absolutely NOT a killer problem but a knowledge one. Learn the map.

Easy mode=trifecta.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

that would mean i have to spend even longer on that map...

please no.

dont extend my suffering!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Plus there's only really god pallets/windows and worthless pallets/windows and it's often extremely difficult to tell which is which.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

It takes the same amount of time to traverse the map, one side to the other, as Mother's Dwelling. It's effectively the biggest map in the game and requires even more distance to be traversed in order to switch floors.