edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I think that's gonna happen.

It's the most wanted character and fanmade spotlight, gameplay and perks exist

So yeah, that's could be cool

Comments

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

Mean while I just would like Slenderman. Classic horror icon from 2013 and could actually be connected to the Entity

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

I'd really rather they kept the more adult theme of DBD's killers, nothing about FNAF was scary. But if enough people cared and wanted it I wouldn't complain.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I honestly wouldn't mind it, but I don't think that "most wanted character" is accurate.

• Mr_Madness
    edited July 2021
    Options

What got me into him was Slender the Arrival with Markiplier and some of his scary stories. Also ironically if you look at some research about people that went psycho was also psyco with multiple other characters but not getting into it.

He literally became a horror icon just from a photo in a contest and everything about him was made by the internet making him into this mysterious tall being connected to 8 pages.

And classic does not mean it has to be old like Freddy or Ghost face since Pyramid Head is a classic and he is from 2001.

The main reason he got popular was that he had no real backstory so fans made their own to fill in the giant gaps creating The Slenderman people know today.

He just needs some Spotlight again and a fresh new start since he is wanted by quite a bit of people from the community and mentioned a lot by a certain fog whisper in some wanted videos.

Ps loved him in my childhood being scared from either video games or creeped out by stories.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited July 2021
    Options

Naw.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

The only reason its not the most wanted killer is because Jason Voorhees exists. The ONLY reason. If he didn't, Springtrap would win by a mile, blowing right past the liked of Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Candyman, Chucky, Predator, Xenomorph, Pennywise, and countless others

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I love how everyone says it’s not scary cause it’s jump scares. WRONG!! That’s not the true horror of FNAF what makes it scary is the atmosphere and how you can’t move you decide your fait. Do you want to play it safe and lock the doors but lose power faster or conserve power but risk getting killed that’s what makes FNAF scary cause your Vulnerable you can’t fight back. You decided how you play. The environment is scary cause being alone with these giant ass robots coming after you and in the 3rd game a dead serial killer stalking you in a haunted walk through? Seriously it’s not adult?

we have a story we’re a guy murdered many kids and dies by the way he hid the bodies then comes back as a rotting body in a suit trying to kill. But nah that’s to interesting it’s bad cause kids play it and it’s jumpscares

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

That spotlight changed my mind. I want fnaf more than candyman now

But still not as much as pinhead

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Pyramid Head had his own backstory, it was just very well hidden.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

Yeah I know that, just mean a classic does not have to be old.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Well classic does mean its kinda old. And Pyramid head is still waaaay older then Slenderman.

Not saying Slenderman isnt that classic, even if i wouldnt want him that much.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

I just say classic since grew up with it and was the first ever thing that got me into horror and plus would make a neat killer.

Well, I just say it's a classic in my opinion since grew up with it. Also whats IMO?

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184
    Options

I have a friend who really wants Springtrap in the game and while I'm not an avid FNAF fan I could see it working. From a lore perspective about how The Entity takes people who commit serious acts of violence and the Entity would 100% consider William Afton. The man was a psychopath who murdered children, not to mention from a thematical and appearance standpoint, Springtrap would fit into the game pretty well.

It's a rotting corpse inside an old and broken robotic spring lock suit. Springtrap looks more like a horror character than Legion or Trickster. The only problem I can see with Springtrap is what would his power be? I have no clue, I've seen a lot of fan ideas, some are really interesting, while others are just.....really bad. No offense to the fan chapter showcase guys, they're amazingly talented, but their power and perk ideas are really....weak. They either look like they're very watered down and basic or they don't fit the character they're trying to represent at all.

All in all, I'm certain it would work and there could be a lot of neat character elements they could fit into Springtrap as a killer, like imagine after he does certain actions you hear the sounds of metal creaking and the springlocks jamming into his skin, along with the sounds of bones breaking. They could do a lot of really brutal and unique things regarding him as a character.

Could be a fun chapter, but I think execution is the most important thing here.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

you could say that to all the killers there stories don’t matter. It’s not just about jumpscares yes it’s how you die but the game builds terror as you try to survive cause in all the games there’s characters all around you and trying to fight them all off or conserving power builds tension and fear.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It builds tension like one of those pipe puzzles: by having a ticking clock.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2021
    Options

I personally don't necessarily want it but i wouldn't mind and would buy if it looks mechanically interesting

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

Damn, this thread certainly didn't make people happy.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

Fnaf in dbd is like the plague you mention it an you get a lot of angry mobs coming after you

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I honestly hope they add a fnaf chapter just to give me a reason to take a 3 month break.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Relative to the Demogorgon? I feel like the standards aren't particularly high for them to be considered.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

Ain't the most wanted, but it's definitely up there.

Personally, I want Dead Space, but fnaf would be good too. (Any horror license is fair game)

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

"The more adult theme" you do know that william afton murdered children right?

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Na.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited July 2021
    Options

At this point, I want it just to see how apeshit everyone would go.

Have no connection to FNaF.

Don't really find it all that interesting.

I just think it'd be funny to watch.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    edited July 2021
    Options

The big bad wolf eat 1 kid in a toned down story Afton murdered 5 children and is still trying to torment their lost souls. Big difference if you ask me

Post edited by DontNerf on
  • daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119
    Options

It's not the most wanted chapter but it is the most spotlighted in the past few months for some reason. My problem with it would be how would it work? Springtrap has no powers. He is just a corpse in a suit walking around. He doesn't even cause the hallucinations in FNAF 3. Only thing I could think of would be maybe a miasma that follows him around that would poison and cause the survivors to hallucinate?