No way is a censored word?

Options

I know that censored chat has been a thing for a while, but I didn't know "no way" is one of the censored words. I don't understand how Behavior is so soft while creating a blood and gore game for adults. There's no point in censorship. People will always find a way to offend someone. Whether it's the use of the N word or whichever F word. It's MATURE for a reason. We are all okay with blood, gore, and violence. But, god forbid words are more violent than what this game shows is pretty pathetic.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,000
    Options

Well, words like racial slurs should be censored but anything else no lol, especially since the censor system blocks out alot of words including survivor/killer names

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You should write a feedback thread so the devs can improve the censor.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

No way

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

this games mandatory chat filter is a joke.

there are tons of words being censored that by no means should be and despite the extreme amounts of (usually pretty negative) feedback they got on it, they really dont seem to be willing to just make the chat filter deactivatable (which would be a very simple solution that would make everyone happy).

so now we're stuck with a chat filter that randomly butchers your sentences for no reason and that completely falls apart once you start having a conversation in any language that isnt english.

a tip for your next endgame chats: dont try to bring up Hawkins. that word too is censored. just call it "the demo map" or sthg.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Is it "no way" or "noway" thats censored?

• voiceofguns27
    voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80
    Options

It's a mature game and we have a report system for a reason. It's like dominos. When one falls, more follow it after. I am completely aware that racial slurs are bad. But, guess what? You aren't going to stop people from using it no matter how hard you censor it. Life always finds a way.

• Orion
    Options
  • MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited July 2021
    Options

L4d (left 4 dead y'know, the game Bill's from) is censored too... is there something i'm missing?

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24
    Options

Well I live in America where we have freedom of speech. Racial slurs and what not should be allowed in a society of free speech, I don't like it, i think it is abhorrent, but the more this is allowed to be in the light the more it is ridiculed by the people.

Now with that said this is a company and they can stipulate anything they want as even if they were an American based company they don't need to follow the constitution at all. We all enter into an agreement when playing this game to follow their rules and if you don't like it don't play. Now with that pointed out "No Way" seems like a far reach of low hanging fruit, just like

Loop, looping are also censored words I have run into that make no sense. I think they are going a bit to strong, and I feel that BeHv is trying to protect against the woke or is woke. But the reporting system can certainly cover most of those situations rather than trying to censor words that the minority will cry about. I mean you can censor the obvious N word, Curse Words, Racial slurs of any type, these are common.

But lets face it even though I love their game their response into situations are poor at best. I been playing for about a month... maybe a little longer now that I think about it, regardless a few days in I was streaming and caught a speed hacker on my stream we clipped it and sent Behavior the links. it took till just the other day to get an email that stated, thanks for the report we will be looking into this. Can you imagine if they had to deal with every cry baby that thought their precious feelings were offended upon?

So the end result of this is I may not like all the BS censored words but I think that it is the better part of the solutions. Maybe open a ticket with support about it they may be able to shed some light as to why or find it was in error.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,000
    Options

Idk man at this point I feel like u just want to say things u currently can't say...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

No ***

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24
    Options

its ok believe what you want, you obviously didn't read what I posted at all, and it is obviously a troll post, and if it is sarcasm it isn't conveyed. regardless have fun doing what ever it is your doing

• voiceofguns27
    voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80
    Options

I don't see how "no way should that have hit me," or "no way that hit missed," is considered wanting to justify my toxic behavior. But, nice try.

• Orion
    Options

Free speech applies to the government, not private venues. You should read your constitution more carefully, because it's irrelevant to this situation.

If you think something was censored that shouldn't be, just open a feedback thread, help the devs improve the filter.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options
  • Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

chat filter should have been optional and should have only censored slurs

no one asked for this weird "AI moderating" chat filter looking for specific phrases.

Why can't they just use the same filter this forums uses?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,785
    Options

Within the past week I've been prevented from saying I'm a Jane main, Yun-Jin, and also Capri Sun for some reason.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191
    edited July 2021
    Options

Kind of funny when it turns an otherwise harmless comment into something nasty because of the # replacing words.