Bring back DC Penality

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous now. Solo queue is honestly impossible to play, every game since they've removed it has had at least one DC. Like, we get it you're bad at the game, you've been outplayed and it's always by a stupid mistake on their end as well and suddenly they blame the game or the killer and never themselves.

Have the devs even said why it's removed? Can't even play one full game. Don't even get me started on farming lobbies, I just want to play my favourite game without having to deal with either if i'm perfectly honest

Comments

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

It’s been disabled because of how much crashing there is on console right now. When/if they fix it for console it’ll probably be turned back on

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

It was removed because of instability and performance issues I'm pretty sure, particularly the current situation on certain consoles.

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 466

Not sure about Xbox, but with PS4 and PS5 it just seems to be frame drop issues. Haven't experienced any crashes as of yet

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

they have remove it couse of stability issue on consoles people were dsiconnected match after match couse the update was #########

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

People were reporting crashes as late as yesterday, so it's still a big issue.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I've crashed over 20 times.

RCPD is still crashing my game and other people's as well, though only 40% of the time.

Current gen Consoles are completely broken this update, if only BHVR had optimized the game like they said they would.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

yeah RCPD is still crashing for me too. Only been on it twice since they re enabled it.

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24

The OP isn't wrong, although it has become an exploit for trolls.

I have been working on my killer levels, and have made it to rank 12 recently, and I would say that out of 10 matches 4 to 5 of them are DC for hatch. Not really sure other than bullying and abusing killers this gives players, but since they removed the DC penalty it happens a lot. And it is happen before the first hook could even happen. This is actually taking points away from killers, my last game last night I had one with 1 Anniversary Cake (from me of course) I received 23k Blood points and the person that got hatch got 32k Blood points. the game was over in 10 minutes if that.

These players feel empowered to do this because of no penalty, I understand instability issues, but can you not work on husking, or perhaps a system if the killer runs into this they receive the remaining hook bonus to sacrifice and the Sacrifice points for the player that DCed. And for players should receive a 10k bonus at the end of the match if 10k blood points have not been awarded. I would prefer Husking like you guys do in your mobile game, it would be easier to implement, and many online Multiplayer games do this already. have their difficulty set from Easy -Moderate - Veteran - Pro skill level they will never be as good as players but should represent a challenge even for the killer.

This DCing issue is out of hand, I am seeing it happen in I would estimate 80% of my matches either as Survivor or killer, and it is creating a environment in which players don't want to play the game anymore, hell this game has probably one of the most Toxic player bases I have seen in an competitive online game in a long time and now that you are just allowing people to nix out of a match it is become tremendously more toxic.

please fix this soon

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

PS4 players are definitely experiencing crashes. I'm on ps4 with crossplay off so I know all the players are also on ps4. I've had tons of killers DC in the middle of hooking someone when they are winning, have full stack of BBQ, and played a cake - no way are they just like, "I'm gonna DC now and not get my points."

• bm33

They just added 2 AI zombies and reason they can't do more is because it would impact performance in the game too much. Adding bots for DCs won't be a thing for some time when more than 2 AI zombies is too much.

The DC penalties will be back once they fix the performance issues they caused with RE chapter that has players on console and some PC crashing out of the game. Currently they have "some" fixes in place for the mid-chapter patch that will hopefully be out at end of month at the earliest. If that doesn't fix the crashes will probably be longer.

• Kaimick

Ok I didn't know that, Behavior has a lot wrong with them if 2 zombies is bordering breaking their game. Especially when you can do a CoD with 80 people on the map, and PS3 had a game Mag back in the day that had 64 players on a map before thought possible in 2010. Assuming what you're saying is correct

• bm33

A dev literally said in the ptb feedback that they could not do more than 2 zombies due to performance issues when people asked about having add-ons to increase number of zombies.

• Kaimick

I am not arguing that point LOL you don't need to convince me. I never saw it therefore the proper phraseology would be if what you say is correct.