massive spike in toxic survivors?

killers, you know who im talking about. clicky click flashlights, dead hard, decisive strike, sprint burst, lithe, the whole nine yards. it wasnt too bad until recently, whether its from me hitting green ranks (but still against red ranks, thanks behaviour) or the free to play stuff going on right now, but survivors are hella toxic recently. anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

I dont consider any of those things "toxic" and theyve always been prevelant

• Claudeus
    Claudeus Member Posts: 14

Both sides are toxic towards the other, but the only difference is there is four survivors and one killer. There probably is no spike to my current knowledge, but it gives off an illusion of one.

While clicky clicky flashlight survivors are a nuisance, it is a viable strategy to get you to chase them, they are usually confident in their looping abilities or are experienced loopers. Paying no mind to them may waste their time trying to get your attention.

• Wavy
    Wavy Member Posts: 162

Massive spike in toxic and tryhard killers*

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

While true, sometimes it depends on the area of map. They are confident all right, too confident. That one pallet is only going to hold me for so long before I get a free hook.

If they clicky click near like the killer Shack, or somewhere with a double vault, I am gone. Lol.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

That’s why I’ve been doing it. When the killer has started tunneling or not going after other people when I’m bodyblocklocking them I’ll clicky clicky and what not.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Majority of the list is perks. I guess using perks now is toxic.

• HJ757
    HJ757 Member Posts: 3

using perks isn't toxic, flashlight spamming literally every 5 seconds is. That being said even when I purposely show survivors I want to farm and be nice they'll do their teabag toxic gate stuff with the flashlight spam

• Archive512
    Archive512 Member Posts: 150

to all saying about using perks being toxic, i should rephrase: its less the perks themselves, but more so the purple / red rank 'gauntlet' of the big 4 meta perks made to just ruin a killers day. doesn't exactly help when I'm hovering in green ranks (or lower thanks to crashing) and i just wanna play a nicely back and forth game of dbd when suddenly 3 gens are done within a first minute, im being looped and click-clacked, next thing you know the gates are 99'd and your only hooked survivor has been unbreakable'd. just feels bad man.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The massive spike in killers is only because the event sucks for survivor so they are playing killer :p

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Using lithe is toxic now? lol

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2021

This complaint really just boils down to the bad matchmaking. If you're green rank and can't handle red rank survivors that's the games fault for matching you with them not the survivors fault.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

Probably because of all the toxic killers. The only thing I did to this killer was loop, got a few flashlight blinds and a few pallet stuns. He decided to camp me and smack me on the hook until I died (my first hook).

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I'm seeing it from both sides, although most of the Survivor games I played today were pretty chill. I don't think I faced more than one or two sweaty Killers. Understandable if they sweat though, I'm up in the Reds again (ffs i need to derank).

Survivors have been pretty okay also. Only had one match where post-game was stupid entitlement upon "I didn't screw up. You XYZ'd so I died." type of garbage. It was pretty funny though. I went after the unhooker, left the hook to allow saves, and worked on learning the Killer (Trickster in this instance) but apparently that's not enough. Will have to reconsider my reasonable behavior and maybe work on becoming a "proper" Killer instead.

Side note. Main Event is absolutely great when you down someone and there's another Survivor standing right next to you begging to be slapped around. It's amazing how fast they get downed when you activate it.

• BrokenArrow
    BrokenArrow Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2021

Problem with killer is that you're alone and toxicity or bm is specifically aimed at you whilst with survivor there're 4 people sharing it if you know what I mean.

I would encourage people to play both sides it's helped me calm down a bit in terms of getting annoyed at toxic players - knowing that there are toxic killers as well helps you understand why survivors do it. Turns into an endless circle of blame though and nothing will stop it imo - just put up with it and try to remember the good games over the bad as hard as that is.

edit: also don't think using perks is toxic just the behavior of players

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

You've got a weird definition of toxic.

Stop taking every little thing a survivor does as an insult/negative.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Thats your problem. Youre playing the role of a supernatural serial killer. Youre not supposed to be nice, as long as you are theyll walk all over you and laugh about it

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78

none of those things are toxic, they are part of the game, a perk is not toxic, nor is teabagging clicking or pointing, the only toxic thing about the game is the comments and chat where people say mean nasty things, anything thats in the game and not abusing bugs is not toxic

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

What's toxic is them not doing gens and just hiding, Taking the game hostage is infact toxic