Survivors who just hide ruin this game/hostage

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I've had so many games recently where groups will just sit on a side of the map for how ever long they like if i run Corrupt or any slow down perks or a killer they don't like.

It;s really annoying you can hold off doing gens for such a large amount of time before getting punished for it, all you have to do is go in and out of a locker or something and if your team wanted, you can just take the game hostage.

Games like that i just leave and then they all laugh at you and make fun of you because thats how groups like that play and thats what they want, Why ruin the event and the games

Comments

• SasukeKun

Oh im so GLAD it hasn't happened to you yet, lets not discredit my struggle

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Your struggle of survivors outplaying a perk you can take off at anytime? Oh, must be sooo hard for you.

• SasukeKun

RIght, but im not talking about just waiting out corrupt and it sounds like an easy excuse to use, taking the game hostage is a reportable offense and infact toxic

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I mean it really isnt holding the game hostage, it would be different if they stayed like that until you found them without doing gens.

They decided to take it slow to remove your advantage with CI

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

You mean waiting out for corrupt to finish is taking the game hostage? Because if that is what you're meaning then I don't know where to even begin.

If you're referring to survivors not doing gens especially when there's like 2 left, I agree. That's why I'd rather bring tracking perks like whispers to know their general location instead of bringing perks like corrupt.

• SasukeKun

The first part is what i run into not just waiting out a perk, thats fine and not what this post is centered around

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Classic DBD forums of resorting to insults when someone discredits what you say. Maybe if you had 1 of 100,000 tracking perks, this wouldn’t be an issue.

• SasukeKun

what's classic is how know it alls like you, don't heed others opinions lmao

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you're being held hostage, just open up any recording software, record it for a while, then report them and send the video to the mods.

• SasukeKun
  • gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

You've gone an entire Corrupt Intervention without finding a single survivor? I don't think I've ever experienced that a single time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No, you open up a support ticket. I don't have the link with me, but I'm sure someone else can post it.

Note that it is imperative that you also report them in-game at the end of the trial, no matter what. If you don't do that, then your report will be thrown out.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

The other side of that coin is that using Corrupt gives Survivors up to two minutes to check out the map, open chests and get items, and most importantly hunt down your hex totems. It's not always a bright idea to insist on trying to start one of the three gens that will be open, and that the Killer WILL be keeping tabs on.

Now, all of this assumes that the Survivors have functioning frontal lobes, and that is admittedly a minority of us.

• WickPJ
    WickPJ Member Posts: 46

I've seen actually every comment here are about waiting out CI while for me it was obviously this was just an example from your game to start discussion about an actual problem. Someone even mentioned you should use tracking perks, well it seem like that person forget actually all of tracking perks for killers are useless until you find at least one survivor. Of course we get Lethal Pursuer but not everyone bought RE DLC or just don't unlock this perk yet. Anyways. if survivors don't do gens(Thier beloved obejctive that for them only exists and doing totems is a waste of time) just hiding for as long as it's possible for them it may be consider as taking the in game hostage. Yet if they do gens and you just can't find them then you need to learn how to play better as a Killer.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180
    edited July 2021

I don't wait out CI but I generally don't do gens during CI either (until someone gets smacked and I know I'm clear!).

I won't hide in the corner though as I'll go around looking for totems or chests to open up and give me something shiny. Most killers patrol JUST the open gens during CI so why would I go over to them?

• WickPJ
    WickPJ Member Posts: 46

Well I've notice stuff like that mostly happends with 2 last gens or when all gens are done an there's 2 survivors left. Of course not allways, I think we can even say that is pretty rare yet it happends and it is actually called taking in-game hostages Cause if gens are done and there's 2 survivors without a key that are toxic idiots, they will just sit in a corner not even trying to open a gate. I'm sure soon there will be survivor main here saying "they you are so bad as killer so you can't find any survivor" even thoe it's not about that

• MyersIsPantless
    MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104

so your getting angry at survivors for hiding away from YOU because they are unable to do their gens for 2 minutes? i dont see a problem with hiding away from gens when their unable to be touched waiting for them to be touchable. and holding the game hostage is like sitting at 1 gen as 1 survivor doing NOTHING and just sitting in like a corner of the map.

• SasukeKun

I'm getting angry at people who purposely don't do gens when theres no courrupt

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Hiding survivors are the worst. Had a game with a friend where we were the only 2 chased for pretty much the first 5 minutes of the game.

Guess how many gens were done. 3. Weirdly enough I did 2 of them solo while my friend was getting chased.

I'm certain they hide through Corrupt and then after that literally did nothing. I basically got 1 hooked. I even got 2 flashlight saves but didn't matter.

They were rank 5 and 6 so that's great 👍 stealth must be the easiest way to rank up I guess.

As for playing as killer I remember spending 4 minutes trying to find survivors on The Game map (beginning of the game). I was so angry I played super toxic till the game ended.

• MyersIsPantless
    MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104

if it’s corrupt intervention then it makes sense, if you don’t have corrupt intervention then all you have to do is find them across the map

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Survivors hiding all game, or giving up on their objectives and trying to outlast each other or holding secret basement parties, are horrible and an absolute waste of time. But there's nothing wrong with survivors waiting out Corrupt Intervention. That's just perk counterplay. They're giving the killer a free two minutes to go and break breakable walls and do any setup that their killer requires, so it's not like it comes without cost. Pity the fool who waits out Corrupt and then finds a symbol in the mud when they finally go to work on a gen.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Seem like you destroyed by smart survivors. This is good counter of Corrupt. Your job is find them, they will not run to you.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Leathal pursuer

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065
    edited July 2021

Tracking perks are actually not very helpful against hardcore immersed survivors, or players who are holding the game hostage. That's because those perks require the survivors to actually be doing something as opposed to scooting around in the bushes and tile swapping. Lethal Pursuer is godly for initial positions, but will be long past its effect when you have two survivors battling each other for hatch. A Nurse's Calling isn't going to find anyone if there's no injuries to heal - same with Bloodhound, though honestly, Bloodhound doesn't give you anything you didn't already have base game. Discordance, Surveillance, Tinkerer, and Bitter Murmur are all useless if nobody does gens. BBQ's no good if you can't find anyone to hook them and is easily countered by jumping in a locker anyway. I'm All Ears requires the survivor to do a rushed action, which they won't do because that'd already give away their position. Undying might, and I mean might, show you an occasional aura if they walk within 4 meters of one of 4 spots in the trial. Hoarder will help if a survivor randomly does a chest, which will help against anyone looking to key out, but will not help against players who are just slinking back and forth between tiles. Predator is base useless and does nothing here because hiding survivors aren't leaving scratch marks to begin with. Ironically, the most helpful perk for ferreting out perma-hiding survivors is Iron Maiden, and what non-reloader is going to run that? Or Territorial Imperative if they get cute and go into the basement... but if you're running Territorial Imperative and you aren't doing Adept Huntress, you're doing something wrong.

Edit: Forgot Whispers. That's the one actually viable tracking perk that'll help you against immersed survivors.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

So I assume you are also fine with tunneling as that's just playing efficiently as there are perks that could help against it as well

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Sorry I don't like being a chase orientated survivor 24/7 and wanna try a new playstyle