How do we buff solo survivors?

latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

An extra perk slot? Any other ideas?

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

A communication wheel similar to that mobile rip off game. More solo queue related perks? I would love one that highlights a random teammate near me so that they are more likely to chase them than me, ha ha ha. Just joking, but actually totally serious.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

We can't. Survivors can either spend some time learning the game and improving their play, or not.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Survivors are already strong, the only thing that keeps holding us back is lack of gen focus and clustering up for a save.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180
    edited July 2021

I still feel like the easiest fix (aside from giving voice coms) is to just make Kindred default

The lack of communication is a huge problem for solos. Having Kindred removes a lot of questions (who is going for the save, is the killer camping, how many of my team is self healing in the corner instead of doing anything helpful, etc) without giving everyone the super powers of speech.

SWFs receive zero benefit from this (since they'd just tell each other who is doing what) so it would really help elevate solos at least a little closer to SWF Power Levels

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264
    edited July 2021

Add more information to the HUD, we don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Show who is being chased, not just the obsession. Who show hears the heart beat: add a beating heart icon next to the survivor avatar. Show who is doing gens in the HUD, who is opening the gates, who is sprinting, cleansing totems, healing other survivors. You can gather a lot of other information from these changes and there's no need to add new controversial mechanics like chat wheel, proximity chat, it will blend nicely with the existing HUD and provide with a lot of information. And it will make Kindred as basekit obsolete, you can get all the required information from the HUD.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    • Pressing ESC Key must show solo survivors what other players have for perks and items. Does that teammate have deliverance? Should I let that teammate slugged because he has unbreakable? Questions that solos shouldn't need to think about.
    • Remove tinkerer, the perk is only destroying solos more than swf at this point.
    • Rework the killers that punish solos the most.
    • Completely rework Hag, a completely broken killer who destroys solos and has no counter. Her mains here will tell you that you just need to have someone follow her to disable her traps, and that's just the dumbest argument I have ever seen here, even more than the ''prayer beads are fair'' before the nerf. If your ''counter'' for your killer requires swf teammates to communicate then that killer needs a rework.
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Put in a real ranking system so good players wont get paired without noobs.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

It's obvious from the Kindred and Small Game reworks that the devs are not planning on giving solo players free information. A different approach is to rework perks and killers that have a stronger effect on solos than swf. Tinkerer for example shouldn't remove the terror radius if not in a chase. That way, a solo player repairing a gen doesn't get punished for the lack of information a swf would have known (guys he left me, his tinkerer popped be careful not to get grabbed). It should remove it if the killer is in a chase, since it doesn't matter if the survivor is solo or swf in this situation.

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305

a good matchmaking, bad survivors will be matched vs bad killer, good survivors will be matched vs good killer and very good survivors matched vs very good killer

emblem system are a joke sadly...

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Kindred base kit, and having icons on the HUD to tell you what each survivor is doing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Hire an in-game therapist to assure them that it is just a game and they do not need to crouch, so they’ll be brave enough to hold M1.

at window vaults give them a visual queue that reads “vault me now” so they learn how to loop the killer in no time.

if they are crouching and not doing gens, make a loud screeching sound that will not stop until they do some type of objective.

There that’s how you buff them.

/s

• VenomousHawk86
    VenomousHawk86 Member Posts: 50

I keep gravitating towards a 5th perk slot for survivors for aura reading. So only bond, kindred, better together, aftercare, empathy etc. this is the sort of info that swfs have anyway so letting them have an aura perk doesn't make them all that better but solo survivors can have that info without giving up one of their 4 perk slots, The only issue is killer would want something to compensate else survivor favoritisms will come up again, but killer perks don't work the same way as that.

My best idea is implement this rework to hexes in the below video and give killers 5th hex perk slot and give survivors a 5th aura perk slot.

Analyzing a Subscriber Made Idea for Hex Perks | Dead by Daylight - YouTube

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

This is why the devs are in a weird spot. Most of the game is built around survivors having a lack of information as if SWF doesn't exist. Because of that, when they buff solo then SWF becomes even stronger. If they buff killers to deal with SWF, everyone complains. So they make killers that are strong in chase but have weak map pressure which isn't fun for either side and again everyone complains.

Basically people need to understand if solo's get buffed to the point of SWF, the either survivors as a whole are going to receive some massive nerfs or killers are going to receive massive buffs.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Basekit key in pocket that Franklins can't touch. And hatch spawning when 4 gens left.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Kindred basekit is too strong. That is an enormous amount of information to be given out for free. The fact that SWF on comms has this without a Perk slot is pretty unbalancing to start.

I'd rather see SWF = 3 Perk slots, Solo = 4. Since comms give numerous aura reading Perks as a basekit, then SWF should lose a slot. If that's not okay, then give Solos a 5th slot. The only problem with this is Killer's will suffer pretty badly so they would need something to compensate. Maybe a Hex slot, or an actual 5th slot as well.

Without a decent matchmaking system though, solo queue is the bastard child here and they get shafted everytime a Survivor tweak goes into effect. SWF generally isn't affected very much, even the DS change didn't do much for them since they can just BT and move on along where a solo queue'er doesn't have that knowledge of knowing just what their team is running nor do they have the coordination.

If you could buff solos to compare with SWF, then you would also have to buff Killers for the same reason. RIght now they are in between the two. Much more powerful than a solo, but weaker in comparison to an SWF. You can't do one without the other.

The only other way would be to assign point values to each Perk based on the meta and their usefulness. Then an SWF would have X points to spend as a whole, and a solo or Killer would also have Y points.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

Some form of built-in comms would be an option but if Deathgarden taught us anything it is that randoms rarely use voice comms. In my 80+ hours of playing that game, I spoke to one random on comms and he wasn't speaking English.

If you are solo, take kindred. That is the best thing you can do.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

As others have said, global communication messages to announce what's happening, then all killers can be balanced around swf levels of coordination, two birds with one stone.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820
    • Add a commo rose
    • Kindred (survivor aura) basekit

These two things would be transformative for solo play.

They will never make it so SWF has a different number of perks or gameplay debuffs for playing as a group, so stop suggesting it.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

Can't wait to have people spamming useless nonsense like every other game that has pre-written comm systems. What will the "Need a dispenser here!" of DBD be?

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Base kindred? Just use kindred.

Base kindred would be ridiculously strong and i say this as someone who plays exclusively solo survivor.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Solo survivors having to give up a perk slot for Kindred doesn't really balance solo with SWF. Groups are still free to use all perks slots while solos only get three. This actually widens the gap rather than closing it.

Hell, if they really wanted to balance solo with SWF, it would need to be Bond with infinite range, not Kindred. But that will never happen.

The reason people keep asking for Kindred basekit is because some three years ago, qt π Horvath said they were thinking of adding it. They later said they would do "something else" instead, and then didn't do squat.

tl;dr solo needs basekit changes, not perks.

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264

I hope it's not gonna happen. People spamming text messages or shouting in the voice chat would ruin the whole experience and atmosphere of solo games for me.

• WickPJ
    WickPJ Member Posts: 46

Better question:

How to buff Solo/Q for survivors without buffing SWF?

Answear:

There's no way.

Anyways if you want to buff Solo/Q there should be added a system of pings similliar to for example the one from R6. But first we would need to eventually nerf SWF so any changes for Solo/Q players won't make groups of friends unstoppable. Like nerfing perks that for example shows the aura of a killer to other survivors. The main problem is taht in Solo/Q you don't have enought tools for communication yet SWF have enought of it to actually don't lose any game if they know how to play.

So, you really can't buff Solo/Q survivors without nerfing SWF

• youngjun
    youngjun Member Posts: 269

There is no reason to buff survivors.

I've seen many survivors in NA server, their skill was terrible. They don't know when they have to gen rush, when they have to stop looping and running, when they need to abandon other player as well. The thing which need buff is user's skill not the survivor itself.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

No reason to buff solo players although a communication wheel would be useful.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

They're just going to drive all of us solo survivors away, so the only people left are the SWFs that killer mains like to constantly scream about.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited July 2021

They don’t need the buff that many melodramatically make it out to be. Solo isn’t that bad. The problem is the over reliance on second chance perks at the expense of the array of info/aura perks available. If a solo plays cautious enough, and pays extra special attention to what’s going on, second chance perks are rarely needed. Simply running Bond can help get you out of lots of dangerous situations, whilst still giving plenty of usable information to actually be productive towards the objective and helping the team.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Easy add in Voice communication tho everyone will say thatll be way too overpowered for survivors now if the killer could hear players in close quarters it might help but who knows