Why People are Thinking Freddy is not Strong Anymore

Last nerf hurted him but he did not changed so much. He just lost so much good add-ons but he already have so strong basekit.

I am seeing people putting him to B-Tier but i just do not think so. For me he is still strong and A.

And also when i play as Freddy, survivors pointing or t-bagging. Possibly for them Freddy is another weak killer but he is really not. He is still so strong And then they are paying and maybe learning lesson.

About topic, what are you thinking? Is Freddy weak side now? Or he is still Devil himself?

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

Oh man, Freddy before his recent nerf... goodness I couldn't stand him like at all. He was my kryptonite.

His recent nerf just makes him a bit more manageable now especially since dream-clocks serve a better function now.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I don't think the rework did much to him honestly.

The only thing that really hurt him were the slowdown add-ons like Swing Chains but those were overpowered to begin with so I don't mind. His power wasn't really changed at all because even if he gets slowed down setting snares it's not going to matter if he's trapped you in a loop. All you have to do is put a snare on one side of the loop and then chase them around and you win. Him being slowed down doesn't even matter.

I still think Freddy is amazing and I wish they did more with the rework honestly.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Most people are still not using dream-clocks but yes, this was good change. Because before this, there was not point to use them.

• Northener1907

Well Freddy is fun to play againts or as him. But sadly i am not seeing so much Freddy anymore. I guess we don't have much Freddy anymore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Give them time. This happens basically every time a Killer gets nerfed. E.g. when Spirit got her first Nerf (If we want to call it that, in fact, they only removed the most broken stuff...), nobody played her for a few weeks, until they realized that she is still strong.

I play Freddy sometimes (not my favorite Killer to play), and he is still good. But I did not use the Slowdown-Add Ons in the first place, so not much changed for me.

• Northener1907

Yeah this was ridicilous part of him nerf. Pallets are fun and you need to put them before start chase. Old number was good already.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I think Freddy is really boring so I am ok with him being rare. Especially with Ruin + Undying I would fall asleep playing against him.

• Northener1907

I love to face with different killers. Huntress, Spirit, Doctor are hell, i am seeing them so much. I would take gladly more Freddy.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I play Freddy sometimes with Mindbreaker, BBQ, Safe the Best and Pop.

He always yields good results and makes the survivors life pretty hard while I do not break a sweat. It seems that people can not deal with the changes they get once they enter the dream world. Also his map presence makes him pretty strong.

He is a good Killer and with his mobility he does not get torn into pieces like other M1 Killers when facing maps like Red Forest or the Swamp. However he has counterplay as he is just another M1 Killer in the end. The nerf was fine and did not hurt him too bad and he still has the recovery speed add-ons for the projection.

Freddy shows that Killers with map presence are strong. Anti-Looping is fine, but map presence is better and more important.

So overall: Yes he lost some power, yes he is mostly a basic M1 Killer, BUT his map presence is his strongest point and that remained unchanged. Freddy is good.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,838

I’m a survivor main but I do just fine when I’ve been playing Freddy for dailies. I didn’t need my hand held with slowdown addons before so this nerf didn’t change anything for me.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2021

Most Freddy players were bad killers that just relied on his forever build. They just switched to other easy but easily rewarded killers (against randos) like Bubba and Wraith

Freddy players that didn't use slowdown add-ons basically felt no difference in his gameplay. Reminder that the walking slowdown while placing snares only happens when the snare is fully charged and the player is holding it, which basically happens never, so that was a non-nerf

Like most "nerfs", what BHVR did was just a placebo and the nerf is just in the reduced number of people playing that killer

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2021

Pretty much this. Freddy has NEVER been OP, but he was boring and had builds that gave him easy wins because messing up wouldn't hurt too bad if gens were taking forever to complete. Freddy with gens taking forever. Some kind of... Forever... Freddy.

Ya, the nerf to Forever Freddy didn't hurt his potential for the most part, but got rid of one of his most mindlessly simple builds to run. He still has all the other fix-ins that make him a jack of all trades, master of none, and can still combine them to eventually get what he wants, which tends to be a tickle session. With knives. His playstyle can still feel boring for Survivors: WAIT FOR DREAM TIMER TO GIVE FREE BUFFS, chase Survivor, snare loops, get a hit in, eventually down them, hook, repeat. Everyone I know that used to play Freddy but dropped him only periodically play Killer and always go for an easy Killer to win with. They dropped him on account of losing Forever Freddy as they saw it as him losing his easiest build to play.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Because he have no good addon and the nerf hurt him hard just the fact that if the survivor take an alarm clock can make him powerless is huge.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

He was not even good against decent players to begin with, and right now he's probably ~bottom 5.

His all-ranks killrate should be about average, though. Less experienced and/or coordinated survivors naturally struggle against Freddy's power kit.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Freddy was never as good as people said he was. He had a worse clown bottle that could be avoided if awake and a decent map pressure tool with a potentially long cooldown

His perk synergy is his saving grace tbh

• Northener1907

Yes, possibly this.

Pop + BBQ are working perfect on him. With this combo, he has really good gen defend.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,293

It’s just different strokes for different folks. I actually like going against Doctor and Spirits(that didn’t tunnel hooks).

I hated facing Freddy, mainly because of his anti-stealth and the fact that lots of players who played him were tunnelers. I didn’t think he was over powered, just super annoying.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

He is pretty much at the same strength level as pre-nerf Freddy. His nerf of speed while placing snares doesn't do much if you place snares optimally, and most of the time you stand still anyways while placing snares at loops.

The nerf of Snares from 8 to 5 does nothing, 5 snares are more than enough to down a Survivor at a loop.

The nerf of Pallets was unnecessary but having 7 is still viable. Most of the time you couldn't even place all 10 and they're worse than snares anyways.

The 30 seconds of sleep immunity after waking up with a clock also does nothing really. I'd call him the same strengh wise as before. People were just mad that he got nerfed but that's with every Killer nerf. People don't play them because of the nerf, then they realize that the nerf did almost nothing and then they'll start playing the Killer again.

Freddy's problem is that he is extremely boring to play as and there are much better options which are also much more fun to play as.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

The recent "nerf" did virtually nothing. Some survivors may FEEL like it did, thats in their heads. Which is fine, enjoy ir.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

Using the Alarm Clock will give Survivors immunity from micro-sleep for 30 seconds. [i.e. extra 30 seconds before falling asleep, and...]

This includes being pulled into the Dream World by successful Basic Attacks.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Freddy has alwaya been extremely overrated. The only thing that could make him oppressive was his sinergy with slowdown builds but things like old Ruin + Undying and the slowdown add-ons are gone so he lost a lot of power because of that.

He's not exactly bad but there are better choices now and he has a pretty generic and boring power so i presume this is why i've stopped seeing him after the ner.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s already been awhile tbf and his play rate has definitely tanked. I think people have finally learnt he wasn’t that good anyway

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

The clocks already provided the 30 second extension on the timer; the only thing the update changed was the 30-second immunity to falling asleep. Which is only really useful if Freddy finds you right after you use a clock and you were at full health. It doesn't have that much utility and it's easily the weakest part of the changes.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,475

He still is A Tier, he is just...in the bottom of said Tier.

The nerf failed to address his main issue, which is the fact that his power is just so damn boring.

I don't know what else will it take for BVHR to understand that his rework was never a good idea.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited July 2021

Freddy was always an overrated killer. People just don't know how to play against him because survivors in general don't know how to stealth/loop and you can't rely on big maps carrying you with his teleport. I'd never put him above B tier tbh. Now that he doesn't have that extra slowdown also carrying bad players people probably noticed he isn't that good.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Freddy was over-hyped as a boogie man in order to get him nerfed.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

i really don't see any positive/negative change. I always ran dream pallets (never used undying ruin/ slow down addons) So the changes really are unnoticeable. I think he is still pretty good.