Would you like to see BHVR do away with deadlines for chapters?

Options
PassarinoT
PassarinoT Member Posts: 909

Title. I'm not sure if there really are deadlines for chapters, because they hardly seem to stick to them anymore, but I know that they definitely haven't been prepared well when they come out.

Would you rather the devs take a more appropriate time to get a new release in order, with no promised deadline, or would you rather it be the way it is?

Personally, I find this whole roadmap thing horrible as they can't really to stick to it, and it also rushes their work (seemingly).

Would you like to see BHVR do away with deadlines for chapters? 34 votes

Yes
50%
Techn0SnakeSound222TapeKnotmusstang62PassarinoTMrPenguinNullclinesPapa_myersReisMinerLittleSageydarkcloudlinkGuiltiiash13JaydixJereknakotamccD4M4VR1CK 17 votes
No
17%
Seiko300FreddoWarcrafter4ChurchofPigQwQw[Deleted User] 6 votes
Maybe, need to know more first
32%
VolantConch1719DimekGeneralVIcewhisperFobboHex_LlamaThat_One_FriendHex_IgnoredGamerEzraHigh5YourFaceUnkn0wn_ 11 votes

Comments

• nakotamcc
    nakotamcc Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Yes

Honestly the only thing that matters is if the chapters are good, I don’t care if the chapter takes 1-6 months. They should focus on polishing the game and maps right now

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes

Yeah this is true, too. If they were more transparent with the community, we might know why. Otherwise, it just looks lazy.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

I would like the chapters to be more polished when they launch. There's more than one way to make that happen, though. Without working there and knowing what the process is, it's hard to say whether extending the schedule is the best way.

• High5YourFace
    High5YourFace Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2021
    Options

I just started playing again 2 weeks ago from a long hiatus and noticed all these tomes. The last time I played, these tomes were not in existence. For my clarification, are the tomes the same thing as you are referring to as chapters?

Edit: The last time I played was around when Ash Williams was released.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2021
    Options
    No

Given how much optimization/balancing content the devs have dropped in the past when they didn't give a hard deadline.

I do not feel like the devs can function without hard deadline.

Aka "If you don't put their feet to the flames" nothing gets done.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes

Yeah same here. This sums it up for me tbh.

Tomes are basically the chapter version of the archive stuff. For the battlepass thing, a tome is basically a chapter offset by a month and a half. Only the tomes introduce new lore, cosmetics, and challenges rather than chapter content. Does that make sense? I kinda explained it poorly.

Yeah this is fair. Honestly I think right now they're just focusing too much on the cosmetic end of the game, for example the recent PTB shows survivors receiving new face rigs/facial animations and it makes me think they probably have been dumping most of their effort there rather than other things. But still, I see your point here. They should be sticking to a schedule, but right now they hardly even do so with the one they have.

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Yes

I honesty feel like quality control with this game is just a running joke this studio has with itself. I first started around the time Ghostface was newly released, and racked up a couple thousand hours since then. Before they started these tome chapters the game was fairly decent for what it had. Game performance was amazing and bugs and exploits were rapidly addressed. Since they started doing these chapter passes I feel like they just care more about pushing stuff out on a schedule and seeing if how well it's going to work.

I would rather wait longer for chapters and updates if that meant a more efficient timeline of addressing and fixing crippling bugs and performance issues. Because since these cursed tome chapters every update there has been major issues. The worst of these is that they have constantly changed and extended so many event dates so often, it shows that BHVR knows they aren't doing a good job and think that is a good enough compensation.

I understand this game is demanding, coding is hard, but when your only single game mode is PVP with forced ranks, there has to be a better way they can go about things. Sure with the next chapter release they might include the fix for the RE map and some of the other current issues, but what bugs and problems are going to come next?

Sure, pushing as much content as they do on these consistent deadlines is giving players a lot of cosmetics, characters, killers, maps, perks, etc. But at what cost?

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes

Even though it may not seem like it to some people, 3 months to make and release a chapter and make it but free is almost impossible. I think they should make it where it's 3 1/2 months or 4 so they have extra time to work out glitches.