Can i use my PS3 Controller?

Hello. i got my ps3 controller laying around in my house and im wondering if i can use it while playing DBD since i wanna try something different.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Should work, cant confirm it though

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited June 2018

I believe to get a PS3 controller to work you'd have to install some third party software. PS3 controllers aren't natively supported by Windows, so you basically have to download a program that tricks it into thinking your PS3 controller is actually an Xbox (Xinput) controller.

I cannot confirm if it'll work for Dead by Daylight, though, as most virtual inputs are disabled while the game is open. Just remember that using third party software is use-at-your-own-risk. It shouldn't trigger the anti-cheat, but we can't help you if it does.

The safer route is to pick up a cheap Xinput controller. They'll work on Windows automatically with zero setup, and a cheap one will only be a couple bucks.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

@Dwight_Main said:
    Hello. i got my ps3 controller laying around in my house and im wondering if i can use it while playing DBD since i wanna try something different.

Ps3 controllers are not compatible with PS4. If you meant with Pc, then possibly with software. It's something I looked into in the past, but I have forgotten if I was successful or not.

If you wanted a controller for Pc that's easy to plug and play....I recommend one of the xbox controllers.

if it was for the ps4 ....then, I got nothing, sorry.

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69
    Thanks for the answers Dads. I think i have to install some joystick software. Hopefully that will work
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Off topic here but I love how op accidentally called Peanits and ceridwen "dads".