The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What makes you happy in DBD?

TheGorgon
TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Tbh, I had 2 of the best feeling matches yesterday, and they were consecutive too. (both as a rank2 Nemesis).

Game 1: Played so optimally that I made 2 people DC half way through the match (I’m not happy for the other two that stayed. Sorry that they ruined the game for you).

Game 2: SWF flashlight clicking survivors and I 4k. God that felt amazing.

What makes you feel so great while playing DBD?

Comments

• ritsuno
    ritsuno Member Posts: 16

The only thing that makes me happy is the salty end game chat and comments on my profile. :]

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

I enjoy being able to play the game while not ruining the experience for other players. So everyone gets a chance to get points and participate. If you approach it as your fun is all that matters, you’ll see a lot of dcs. Pretty ######### mindset honestly.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434

Making good plays as Old Freddy was what truly made me happy. Also, running some unique builds on him was a fun experience by itself, especially "all-seeing Freddy".

• TheGorgon
  • TheGorgon
    edited June 2021

Same! I want everyone to have an equal amount of fun. I don’t want to make people DC, but it feels good when they do (as a killer).

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Survivor side I like to talk to the item I'm carrying and give it a personality. My imagination can make games very emotional especially if I lose my item. If I didn't bring an item into the trial or I am unable to rescue an item, then I act like I'm on a radio call (Think Metal Gear Series) and make fun of the other survivors and the killer.

Killer side I like watching how survivors react if I catch them in a dead zone. Also back in the day when people could chat I liked how much the survivors loved me for killing them.

It was a simpler, less competitive time.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Currently I've been playing dead hard lottery, if I can tell how many dead hards are per match and I get it right, I treat myself with something nice like a coke or energy drink.

That is what has been making me happy as of recently.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Last night we were againts really good Spirit. She played well but we were better. Anyway when she lost generators, started camp person on hook. And hook was near to gate, so we saved this survivor. Anyway on gates she get one survivor down too. But before pick up him, i healed him with For The People. Before hits me i used my Dead Hard. And we all escaped. And she just looked to us. Damn it felt so good.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Playing against nice players. I usually dodge lobbies with Xbox players or twitch streamers just incase I get toxic messages.

• FadedTone
    FadedTone Member Posts: 16

Me letting all four survivors go because it makes me feel good

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited June 2021

Hmm.

At this point? Nothing.

Edit: For other reasons, I was extremely happy for license killers being entered I'm dbd. But, well... I've invested too much time

Post edited by DwarvenTavern on
  • Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Getting a nice message sent through to me after the game ends. To be honest it only amounts to maybe 5% compared to 95% hate though.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

4 man slugs at 5 gens as Oni.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Getting skillshots with PH, Deathslinger and Plague. Never get tired of it.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

The characters honestly. As much as some Killers/Survivors are portrayed to be based off of the player, I absolutely love them. Can’t wait for the Funko’s. I’m getting every single one 💜

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Survivors being nice to me. It just makes my day when someone doesn't act like an ######### to me.

Or viciously torturing them for the mistake of ######### with me. Sometimes, rampant slaughter is too good for some people.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

Kate. Kate makes me happy.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Toxic people not managing to do what they are supposed to. Meaning no kills or pip for a tunneling/camping killer (especially a Spirit), and no surviving for toxic survivors. And that applies just the same if they are in my team.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

When a clicky clicky toxic t bagger runs into a dead zone but doesn't know it ;)

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I just like being able to play the trial without being the first to die. Unless it's like a god nurse or something that ends the match in about 3 minutes.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Playing so well that my teammates message me (on PSN) to compliment me.

Also, dying for my team after an intense game. Being the martyr is such a privilege in my eyes, because it means you and your team played super well, often with little to no communication, just good game sense 👌

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Killer: When SWF team is in lobby I lobby dodge with 6 seconds left, always makes me smile.

Survivor: When no one have an item in lobby I will take a key, then 6 seconds left I switch to nothing making the killer bring Franklins for no reason 😁 Yeah Franklins got nerfed I know but it was fun times.

• Pookalookie
    Pookalookie Member Posts: 31

As the Hag, hitting a survivor right after teleporting to your trap is really juicy.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    edited July 2021

As Pig, getting my snoot booped.

Against Pig, being allowed to boop the snoot.

Playing against goofy ghostfaces. When they realize I am playing peak a boo and play along as well ♡ so much joy.

When there is 1 survivor left and its a race for hatch... but they step in bear trap. Good feels.

My teammates coming back for me on hook while noed or devour is up... those are the real mvp. Makes me wanna cry every time (im solo).

There is too much attention on the bad instead of the joys this game provides ♡ Thanks for creating this topic!!!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I know this thread is almost a month old, but I can't resist but join in.

There's nothing that makes me happier than people being civil to each other during the postgame chat or a killer giving hatch/survivor giving a kill to the killer.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434

Hey there, my past self from a month ago. Our opinion is still the same :)

• ryanb122197
    ryanb122197 Member Posts: 77

Nothing in this game will make me happy until they fix lag spikes for console.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Actually using Ghostface's ability correctly, it feels SO good, but I suck, so I don't get to experience it often. Just tonight I managed to do it to a red rank, but then some dweeb flashlight saved him. All of that effort... Gone, forever.

• Artemis5
    Artemis5 Member Posts: 49

I had a couple of really fun matches as killer yesterday especially. I main Wraith (cue the judgement haha) and I had a couple of rift challenges I wanted to do - knock down 25 survs, chase survs for 300 secs and damage 20 gens. So what I'd do is, I'd find a survivor, chase them and down them and hook them, each once, but only once (for BBQ stacks, which is only for each first hook), then the rest of the game I only chase and hit them and damage gens until they eventually get them done. One match had an afk survivor that DC'ed shortly after, so I assume they had internet trouble or had a case of the "Behaviours" (aka got kicked from the game randomly as is the case for a lot of ppl since the chapter release), so the other 3 I hooked once and then showed them to do gens and would chase them and hit them and sometimes down them but not hook them, so that they also get lots of BP.

I remember one match I still got about 31K and the survivor with the highest score also got 30K and the rest in the 20K's.

I really enjoyed playing this way, just having fun chasing and whacking ppl, not stressing about hooks or winning and the survivors are so appreciative in end game chat (mostly). It mutually beneficial especially now if there are 3-5 cakes offered. When I have other challenges though, I will obviously play the game normally, but I do enjoy these types of challenges from time to time where I can still complete my challenge and not have to go all out and can make it fun for everyone, including myself.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

Introducing a slab of wood to Spirit’s forehead whilst she’s invisible. *Cheff’s kiss*

I also had this one game I was trying out spoopy myers on Hawkins. There was this one gen at an exit gate, and just enough space behind the wall for me to hide myself. A poor Ash slowly and catiously approaches the gen, and goes for the repair, back facing the gate, and me. He even lets go, checks one corner, and returns with a false sense of security.

Meanwhile me praying that;

he didn’t hear me;

he didn’t have Spine Chill;

I wouldn’t get dedicated

…and yoink him I did.

His limp body on my shoulder was my confirmation I had scared him absolutely shitless.

• Removing Lery's against scratched mirror Myers with the green hand would be so satifying

He is such an inept in other maps

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Fun builds, close matches, people who are friendly afterwards whether they win or lose, non-horrible maps

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

using Lightborn ;)

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Getting insane sniper shots as either Huntress or Deathslinger or even getting a final laceration shot from far away as Trickster.

Projectile killers are amongst my favourite killers to play as in this game. And they give me so much satisfaction when I play as them.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

The game itself is a kind of my survival fantasy.

It's makes me happy to play with people i like and share these moments with them.

Chill games with nice people is really fun, noticing skill improvements makes me happy too.

Oh, and the characters. i love to see Leon everywhere..

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

Running the killer (no bming) for 2/3 gens getting popped and getting facecamped for it. I suppose I should have timed it and given up at some point.

Escaping after the facecamp and waving at the exit.

Getting atleast 1 person out of the game, even if it's not me.

Sneaking a save with BT past a camping killer.

Popping NOED or denying it.

Catching the bming survivor who thought they were a gaming God.

Seeing the cute little survivors t-bagging right before I down them.

Hearing baby Steve get downed.

Watching a Bill forget what game he's playing.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

That I dominate a killer that costs me really makes me feel happy, while my moves as a Trapper to set a random trap are successful.

I also play stealthily with my favorite killers Myers and GF. and that people congratulate me in a game or that they add me as friends, that makes me feel happy.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Making save plays, Flashlight, pallet drop, Sabotage, Breakout, ect.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789