Survivors, I’m not here to hear your crap

2»

Comments

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Strategy does not mean a well thought out plan. Strategy is what you that you beleive to. give you the best chances of succeeding in your goal.

You can go into the match with the mindset of 12 hooking the team and playing in the 'fairest' way possible and 3 minutes on you are down to 1 gen with 1 hook. Then what?

Ever hear the expression, 'no plan survives the first encounter?' You can go in wanting to do something and that strategy doesn't work. So your new strategy is to switch tactics and do something different.

As far as slugging, tunneling and camping go. Here is a very common situation that pops up. Tell me what to do in this situation;

I hook someone, no auras on BBQ. I start towards a gen, get maybe 20 meters from hook when the unhook occurs.

Do i A) leave the area despite not knowing where anyone else is or

B) go back to the hook knowing half the team is within my terror radius?

I will every single time go back to the hook. Am i camping? I dont think so. Survivors didn't give me the chance to leave.

Back to the situation

I chose B and went back towards the hook. There was LOS blockers so i couldn't see where the survivors went. All of a sudden the injured unhooked person bumps into me.

Do I A) Let them go to grind out a generator or

B) Swing at them to trigger Borrowed Time and delay them at least with a mending action.

Again i will choose B every time.

So almost surprisingly (again happens quite frequently) no borrowed time and the survivor goes down. Leave them on floor to look for unhooker. No scratch marks. No sounds. No sign of the unhooker.

Do I A) Continue searching for the ghost or other survivors, leaving the downed person slugged, (which is considered toxic) or

B) Pick the survivor up to remove the DS threat and hook them again?

This one isnt easy. As there are many variables. Is it early in the match? Can you afford to eat a DS stun? Are there gens close by that you really need to defend?

If it is early in the match, then i will almost always choose B as DS is one of those perks you don't want to get hit with later on in the match. If im losing and the person is not on death hook, i will slug as it will take 2 people off gens and i cant afford the DS stun.

Let's say its early on and i choose B. Im fully expecting DS, hell Im wanting DS to proc as i never intend to tunnel, yet the situation, in my mind, 100% is the proper play.

Now survivor is pissed and DC's. Now it is a 3v1, the other survivors will not have nearly as good a game as they would have had, and it is my fault for being a tunneling camper.

Tl;dr - POV is important. The person who dc'd is mad that they got camped and tunneled. But the killer wasn't trying to do that. Yet very rarely should a killer handicap themselves by not taking advantage of survivor misktakes.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

@M4dBoOmr

It‘s the same weird gameplay... I like balanced matches with killer interaction, unhooking, healing, gens... so that I have the feeling every player in the game have a funtime, earn enough bloodpoints and can enjoy the game, no matter if I escape or kill all survivors.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,292

You are asking for 'proof' on opinion, on emotional response. What exactly are you expecting here?

Because DEVS determined that it was better for the game.

And I can guarantee you that they didn't have the 'proof' you are asking for here when they did it. Because that proof does not exist, nor is it possible to attain.

Following that logic, if Tunneling, Camping, Slugging... are still unchanged it's cause they are good?

That is an appeal to authority.

Of course i'm going to need proof to know why any player would want to influence other based on the potential false premise of knowing better.

This does simply translate to 'I want proof people dislike camping'. Which is either immensely tone-deaf, or you are running with an argument of 'no objective 'fun''. Either way, you're going to hit an impasse. Because the proof you are demanding does not exist and cannot be attained.

• NaigEtarip
    NaigEtarip Member Posts: 60

I asked for proof on the assumptions that your opinion holds. Not on the emotions...

Do you acknowledge that there is no logical reason to conclude that the game would improve if player's did not tunnel, camp, slug...?

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

Private your profile. Stop reading endgame chat. Delete all messages from people you just faced. Now, you won't have to hear any survivor complaints.

• Draxlore
    Draxlore Member Posts: 78

Nope, its to kill whoever as I see fit based on what I want to do as the killer. You, as a survivor don't get a say.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

play however the heck you want, turn off messages and call it a day.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Except the game itself punishes you for that and it is often considered "griefing" because you're not actually trying to complete your objectives but instead ruin others experiences.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

I bet you have a lot of friends and are fun at parties

• Draxlore
    Draxlore Member Posts: 78

My objective as a Killer is to kill. How is removing someone from the game in the fastest method possible not meeting that objective?

Its not griefing. The killers job is to kill. Not bake cookies or make survivors feel good about themselves.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021

Because it only works against bad teams and therefore isn't actually you trying to complete your objective, but you trying to get a consolation prize because you know you're not good enough to deal with experienced survivors who would otherwise be cocky enough to make mistakes but will instead just do the gens and leave because there's literally nothing else for them to do thanks entirely to you.

Personally, I don't pretend beating on bad players is fun. Because I know they're bad and I could have won without deliberately being a #########.

Edit: And that's without mentioning the grinding misery that going against so many toxic killers that are preventing 4 other people from actually playing the game for no real personal benefit besides the satisfaction that they have ruined other people's experiences.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

All the entitled survivors mains would argue that you need to put any on hook. Rather than use one for pressure, they'll still talk all that smack.

• NaigEtarip

This is a similar message of why i started discussing here.

Please read the conversation i had with Firellius and tell me if you can reach a logical conclusion on why a player should not choose to act on intended behaviour.

• Firellius

No, I don't. Tunnelling is difficult to argue against, I'll grant you that. Slugging is a bit one-sided but can still easily be construed as a gameplay problem.

But camping deletes gameplay from both sides of the equation, as both survivor and killer spend two minutes doing nothing, and neither get properly rewarded for it. And this is obvious to pretty much everyone.

Do you play the game, or are you on these forums simply for bad faith arguing?

• cobalt22
    cobalt22 Member Posts: 133

The killer is doing what he is suppose to. Survivors that escape hook will do 2 things! Either go to an available generator to repair or start healing in a corner somewhere and go to a gen. Either way the gist of the survivor is to escape! Nothing more to it. I agree with camping and tunneling especially if gaining back control of the map.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Seems like you care a lot tbh.

Also imagine willingly staying bad at a game you put time in....

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

These are the same people who say this but then also complain on the forums about body blocks, swf, flashlight saves (because looking at a wall is hard) and "second chance" perks when using four slow down.

• cobalt22

I don't know actually because this game doesn't have a penalty for camping and tunneling and the same time survival rule book is just a way for survivor to say " this is how you are suppose to play for me to escape".

• cobalt22

So is it skill or experience? Do points even matter? *DBD CRISIS INTENSIFIES*

• cobalt22
    edited July 2021

You are a killer and your job is to prevent the survivors from escaping. -Dead by Daylight

• NaigEtarip

I'm here so you realize that there's no logic on giving negative connotation to player intended behaviour.

Camping is blocking movement input, deleting gameplay is another negative connotation you want to give it.

There are many possibilities of what could have lead to camping, what happens while and after.

How are you sure you would enjoy a game without those?

• Firellius

All right, dip, quick quesh for ya:

If it is 'intended', why is it punished?

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Cool. So you agree 'gen rushing' isn't a 'thing' and we survs don't need to hold your Killer expectations either? Good to know.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Mate why are you always being a sarcastic ass on here to people simply stating their feelings towards the game? Nobody should be instantly dismissing these points, given that they're actually quite reasonable ones.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    edited July 2021

I'd say tunnelling is permissible by my standards if you need to secure a kill in the endgame for a challenge or something... at the end of the day, it's not anybody's job to be a salty and/or toxic loudmouth at the end of a game simply because they were killed or were outsmarted and outwitted by a team of swfs... I just cut my losses and move on. If I'm not playing Doctor, I'm usually pretty bad, but I just take it in and have as much fun as I can. Ultimately, that's the aim of the game for everyone. All of this 'professional' and 'competitive' talk from half of the playerbase is honestly faux and just a veneer for a fractured ego. If you want to be competitive, you have to be sportsmanlike. And that means not being a total killjoy afterwards just because a Killer was good or bad or a Survivor was the same... That's the end of the story.

P.S: Also, yeah, I edited this because I accidentally spelled 'tunnelling' in the American 'tunneling'... Aussie here :D

• NaigEtarip

Cause a feature of a game being overused / underused might not be intended?

I also can guess that if it was "bad" for the game it wouldn't be discouraged but prevented or changed. Don't you think?

• Firellius

Oh, it would be changed, would it?

Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

And why would there be a problem with it being overused if there is no negative impact to camping? I mean, you don't see BHVR taking measures against gens getting done, and I'm pretty sure 100% of survivors will attempt to do gens in the vast majority of their matches!

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Survivors didn't give me chance to leave.... Are you joking? Are you really acting like camping is not YOUR choice. Because a perk that does the work for you, finding survivors that YOU don't look for, didn't do it? It's YOUR choice, you are camping.

As for running into the injured survivor BY CHANCE, that's different. If it happens BY CHANCE, it wasn't your decision. And if it wasn't your decision, if it wasn't done on purpose buy BY CHANCE, it's not tunneling. Still, I would leave the guy on the ground, or remove DS and look for somebody else.

Let's just be honest here, killers will never admit tthat they are being toxic, even though inhaling Polonium would be less toxic than they are.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited July 2021

Don’t remember once complaining about this, probably because I’m a survivor main myself :) And if I was, I wouldn’t care because I clarified that what the community finds stupid and dumb are tools that can be utilized on both sides :).

I don’t know how many times today I said “Ugh, he or she tunneled me. It’s fine, we won anyway and they were justified in doing so because they had 0 pressure and the game was going to end”. Pretty abnormal behavior from a survivor player that understands why they tunneled, am I right? No, I’m being fair.

If I had a clip, I’d show you.

If anything, I’m a clicky decisive strike + Head on user. By your definition, I should hate myself! But no, I’m just being understanding and fair.

I really don’t… hence why I am not taking your second part seriously. I’ve seen my fair share of great and tournament killers that camp/tunnel when a very bad game isn’t going their way, same with streamers that need the upper hand in very poor situations. If you bothered to read my whole post, you’d see exactly when and where I would condone tunneling and camping :), but if you fail to see that, it’s not my problem.

Now that I have your attention, when do I condone and tunnel? Only in matches where I’ve done poorly or the survivors have just done too overwhelmingly well at 1-2 gens left and the survivors are as competent as ever.

Thats the only time when I would tunnel/camp. I’m not having fun, but the survivors are having a blast! Why shouldn’t I at least make it competitive for myself & them? Maybe just maybe, a 3v1 would make my chances even greater to win.

Post edited by TheGorgon on
  • NaigEtarip

Oh, it would be changed, would it?

This is the important point, that's my hypotesis. It holds no logical basis as i don't work in the company that leads the game.

I could be right but i also could be wrong.

Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

Wouldn't that be misleading others? Misleading community towards what actually could be worse for the game cause i don't hold any proof?

I understand that sometimes is hard to realize that our opinions hardly hold logical basis... but don't take our discussion as a personal attack.

It's been an enjoyable discussion.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

You are propably THE kind of killer who cant put a pressure on survivors and then when you have one hook and all gens are done you face camp poor dude with an idea that survivors will try to rescue them en you noed them all.

So cut your crap about justyfing tunnelling and camping. These are by killers who cant event play tactically pr chase one guy and ignore all gens which are beibg repaired 5m from him.

And then he cries "your fault, you were gen rushing!"

• Firellius

Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

No, but I think you should stop hurling out bad-faith rhetoric in an attempt to defend camping.

• NaigEtarip

It was never necessarily about Camping... but about any possibility there is for all players due to the intended design.

Anyways i end our discussion here, have been enough respectful by repeating myself many times by now.

• Bluerry
    Bluerry Member Posts: 233

well killing someone shouldn't be a win that's what causing the camp or tunneling if game considered the hook states instead of killing it would all be solved and everyone or at least more people would stoped doing this strategy and all these terms would be simpler as a killer to get 4k yeah you might need to camp or tunnel ı wouldn't mind this situation that much but bubba face camping is a diffrent story those bubbas they are just suck

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited July 2021

No, actually. Stop with these hypotheticals. I do just fine and nearly never tunnel or camp, but when I’m having a poor game and I need some sort of pressure, hell yeah I will!

Played maybe 10-12 games today as killer, don’t remember camping or tunneling once. I just remember ending the game way before they got the chance to escape. Plus, if I were that type of killer, I wouldn’t be red ranks right now. I’d be hardstuck because you don’t pip like that.

So yeah, I think I fair just fine without these “strategies” I previously mentioned, but there are times where I tunnel (At 1 or 2 gens left to create some sort of pressure, and only if I’ve got like 1 or 2 hooks or none at all). or camp (In the situation where everything’s repaired, exit gates are open, and I want a kill). Plenty of ways to go about saving that survivor.

And last but not least, if you could read the actual content of my post correctly, you’d obviously see that I don’t really care at all about gen rushing because there’s perks to counter that, just like there’s perks that deal with tunneling and camping. Yet again, another individual who fails to read the very last paragraph of my post which completely is the opposite of that of what you’re saying.

Anyways, I’m tired of arguing with the “you’re that type of killer”. It’s obvious that they and you don’t read the actual body of text because of your ignorance. I’m ending my side of the discussion here.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

but when I’m having a poor game and I need some sort of pressure, hell yeah I will!

Yep it is said , just in your own words :)

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Look everyone, after five years of having no specific win condition, MadLordJack just announced that killers have to kill everyone or they lose.

Thanks MLJ, which part of the dev team are you? When will this rule change be officially announced?

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Wow, you're so brave for posting this OP. Cant wait to see this exact post again tomorrow.

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

Im guessing your the survivor that has DS and Unbreakable and puts "gg ez" in the chat.

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

Stop, check yourself. Killers have strategies just like us. This is why killers are very little at the moment. I am a survivor main and the fact that you rage every game just because a killer was doing their job is childs play.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    edited July 2021

A killer is doing their job by constantly tunneling and camping at the wrong times? Ex: At 5 gens when no one has done anything like a bubba face camping for no reason.

Yes, there are times for killers to do strategies like camping and tunneling and I don't mind when it happens, but there are wrong times that ruin the fun of the game and are unfair towards survivors and when it constantly happens at the wrong time it ruins the game for everyone. I haven't been having fun because of that exact thing. Killers just tunnel and camp for no reason and act like its fair for survivors and then complain when survivors do gens. 🤦

Killers are doing their job by abusing strategies and perks to ruin fun is what you're saying?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,685

Closed as requested by OP.

This discussion has been closed.