Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Signs a killer may have NOED.

Trickstaaaaa
Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

The number 1 sign a killer may have NOED is pay attention to how they perform. If a killer plays badly there is 50% chance they may have NOED. Because usually most NOED users know they are not that good with a particular killer so they may use NOED if they know they are not good playing killers. The second sign is pay attention to how sweaty they play. Around 20% of sweaty users tend to use NOED. This is based on my experience from what I have seen in NOED killer users. My tip would be to rule out what they perks they have, so if you can add up to 4 perks then NOED is ruled out. Also I have seen a lot of wraiths, and freedy's and doctors tend to use NOED. Now my suggestion would be to use detective's hunch, and eliminate all the totems if possible. I can't tell you this has helped me in past prevent a couple of NOED users from activating their ability.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited May 2021

I can't speak for other killers but the only killers I have NOED on are killers who are new to me (since I don't have other perks unlocked) or killers I don't like (so I don't bother spending BP to get new perks but I got a daily...). So since they're either newer killers for me or they're killers I don't like to play as, your first point is totally me.

• Trickstaaaaa

Either way I seen killers in rank 1 who have all leveled up perks use NOED. A lot of the times some people want to get a full 4k in red ranks, and they are decent killers. But they use NOED to prevent anyone from escaping.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

These days, if they're a killer, I'm gonna assume they have NOED. And I'm right the majority of the time. I see it more often than slow down perks.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

That's what I do. I assume every killer is running noed, bbq, pop, ruin, nc until I find evidence to the contrary. Just like when I face survivors I assume they all have DH, DS, BT and adren.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Not much I can do about Pop. And Ruin can be checked for easily. But I see where you're coming from. As an avid Small Game user for a long time now, I prioritize totems over gens.

As killer though, there isn't much I have to really be afraid of besides maybe Unbreakable. But that's only if someone else is in my face when I down someone. DH is easy to bait and BT & DS just never happen to me. Adren is quite rare but I don't get too upset if someone is able to outlast me till endgame.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I agree. Sometimes you just get a vibe that a ######### killer has NOED. And by ######### I mean you can tell they have experience but are not performing the greatest, and it’s the norm for them. Another tell sign for me is if a camper or any killer who can insta down you, suddenly wants to commit fully to a chase right before or after a gen pops. ESPECIALLY a camper with someone on hook. If you’re on the exit gate and hear a heartbeat, for a camper with someone already on hook- then that’s your ass.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I expect NOED more on certain killers. Trappers seem likely to run it as a failsafe for if their setup fails and too many gens fly before they can get the ball rolling. Bubbas tend to run it not because Bubba makes any significant use out of it when he can already instadown, but because Bubba is a favorite of salt farmers and NOED gets some high-grade salt out of survivors. And killers that don't play very well are likelier to have it, because it's a sign they're lower rank and lower ranks love NOED (as opposed to higher ranks, where it's a rarer sight.)

Also, if the killer is AFK all match, do bones. This goes double if it's a Wraith or Nurse. Lots of players do meme endgame builds and I'm always suspicious of a killer that's just standing there, especially if they're standing near an exit gate.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I find that it's 99% players that get outplayed use it. I can't say I've ever faced a good killer that uses it

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah if a killer is bad, they usually have NOED. Since most people who play this game on both sides are not actually skilled, I assume every killer has NOED. Not sure why the devs needed to nerf Small Game. It was incredibly rare for me to see anyone else running it, but it is what it is.

• Trickstaaaaa

In 5 out my 12 matches today, the killer had NOED mind you I'm rank 1. So those were red ranks. I hardly see bubas with NOED, I seen a lot of wraiths who use it for some reason. And he is dangerous since can run at 150% and it's easy for him to get hits.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited May 2021

Yup.

I can usually tell if they have noed if they havnt downed anyone by the time 3 gens are done.

Usually this is the only way they can get kills and I just yeet myself out because I'm not feeding them easy kills for saves.

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209
    edited May 2021

I run NOED and Blood warden on any killer just as an endgame build. Not always but when i want something different. Surely everyone else gets bored running the same old stuff over and over? It really has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with how i feel like playing at the time.

As a sidenote there are quite a few times where it doesn't even come into play, I accidentally down everyone before endgame. In chat survivors always make sure to point out that i'm running it though, like it mattered.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It’s the frosty eyes for me.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited May 2021

Or you could not worry about it and just take out the Totems as a precaution. That way you are covered either way and earn some extra BP to boot. :)

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

My friend's theory was as such: Killer running Iron Grasp = Killer running NOED.

His thought behind that theory was that anyone who's desperate enough to run Iron Grasp (a pretty useless perk, unless you're specifically running a basement build -- and even then, Agitation is the superior perk) is someone who's desperate to not have someone wiggle off while carrying them to a hook. And someone who's desperate enough to not have someone wiggle free is the same player who'll be desperate to not end the match without a kill -- and likely to be running NOED to try and secure them. (This excludes, obviously, people running NOED with a specififc Endgame build in mind).

I actually thought he had great psychology behind that theory -- and whenever we see Iron Grasp, it feels like the killer almost always has NOED to go with it.

There are obviously other signs -- the way a killer plays during the match is the biggest -- but that's an interesting tell that I thought sounded ridiculous at first, until it started predicting NOED with surprising regularity.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

That psychology is broken. If a killer is running Iron Grasp, it usually means they're either new and don't have teacheables unlocked and are forced to go with universal perks, or the character is low level and they're making do with what they have. NOED provides immense value in such a situation and is a better choice than most non-teachable perks.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

My friend and I can instantly tell when a killer has NOED based on one chase with them, it really does come down to performance.

No mindgames? No red stain tricks? Not respecting pallets? No death hooks at 1 gen left? Insta-down killer barely using his power? Yeah, I'm doing bones. They kinda tend to play half-assedly too. Like "oh whatever do gens I'll just get ya with NOED 😎"

Also I'm pretty sure every single ghost face I've ever gone against has used NOED. Seriously. I was keeping tally at one point but literally every single one had it.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2021

Signs a killer may have NOED:

• They are playing Wraith
    • They hard camp the first hooked survivor
    • They have Bitter Murmur (you lose a stack of Distortion upon completing a gen)
    Post edited by Nos37 on
  • ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

While I agree with you, we've seen Red Rank killers running that combo, lol.

I do think that, even with some number of Red Rank killers who run NOED, there's far more lower rank killers doing so for the reasons you mention.

• Jmang1245
    Jmang1245 Member Posts: 31

Other

Other signs a killer may have no ed, they have no more than 2 hooks by the time end game arrives.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Signs a Killer has NoED:

#1. There's a secret offering. WHen a killer brings a Mori, they usually bring NoED along with it as backup.

#2. The killer is Hag. NoED is really good on Hag, and most of them will bring it. So if the killer is Hag, do bones. Even I use NoED on Hag sometimes.

#3. The Killer is face camping. Most face campers bring NoED to get a second or third kill when gens get done super fast because they aren't pressuring survivors.

#4. The killer is proxy camping. Proxy Campers tend to bring NoED too.

#5. Ghostfaces tend to bring NoED pretty often too. Even though they can expose you without it, I see it on them a lot.

#6. The Killer isn't paying attention to gens when it's down to one. They don't really care if you get that last one done, chances are they WANT you to get it done.

#7. The last gen pops, and the killer has two survivors in their sights. One is healthy, the other is injured. The healthy survivor is closer. When the two split off, if the killer follows the healthy survivor, the healthy survivor should think to themselves: NOED

#8. The killer does NOT abandon chase during the match. It's a pretty good indicator you should be doing bones.

#9. The Killer isn't sure how to use their power. I know that I use NOED when I'm playing a killer I'm not used to. It's probably going to get you some form of value because gens are going to get done.

#10. If you see multiple indicators, Definitely Do Bones.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124

You make this way too complicated.

Just act like all the killers has noed.

Generally...

...killer weak = noed....

Learn it.

If you get clapped under noed, the only thing you do is feeding.

Its the killers weakness, but your fault. Only yours.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Do bones.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

i basically just assume noed on any killer whose power isn't immediately dangerous. wraith, spirit, nurse, hag, you get the picture. any killer whose power doesn't directly damage survivors.

in any game i try to sniff out their perks anyway but if i can only reasonably suss out 2 or 3 then i start touching boners, just in case.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Also pay attention to the kind of perks. If they are using a lot of teachables like corrupt, hexes, thrilling then it is likely they have a lot of perks for that killer. If they are using things like iron grasp and perks that belong ot their killer it is really likely they have NOED.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2021

The most obvious signs - if they've got the frosty eyes or wear defaults.

Post edited by ZonkyWizard on
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The biggest tells for me are never dropping chase, little interest in stopping generators getting done, and yeah the frosty eyes, it's a silly stereotype but pretty reliable. Also if you do all the totems and the killer DCs when the last gen gets done ofc

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

One of the fun things as survivor is to try to find out what perks the killer have. Sometimes before end game I already know the four perks and then know there is no NOED.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

No gen regression is a big red flag for noed

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

If you’re in red ranks and the killer is very bad, he has noed for sure, because the matchmaking put him against you because he used to 4k

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

in case new survs read this because they don’t like noed... please, don’t cleanse the totem if only there’s 1 gen left, it would probably be noed, wait until the last gen is finished

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

All Killers play with NoEd. All killers also play with BBQ, Nurse's Calling, and Devour Hope. So always play accordingly.

The sooner you realize this, the better off you'll be.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I always the assume killers have noed no matter how good or bad they play. That's why I bring small game in most of my matches. Not just to counter noed, but other hex perks too. Plus the BP's are nice.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited July 2021

What's this witch hunt against NOED users lol

This perk is one of the few counterable perks in this game, there are three counter perks+ 2 counter items now but somehow nobody use them

How can survivors be willing to do totems? Maybe devs should glue them to gens

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Droogs
    Droogs Member Posts: 10

I see it most often when:

1. They chased one survivor through 3 to 5 gens
    2. The killer never managed to hook anyone
    3. It's a Nurse who can't blink properly, so you just hold W for 5 minutes while running around trees and objects
    4. It's a Wraith or Trapper
  • nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
  • lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

IMO, just take count of their perks. If you've seen the effects of four perks in the match, they do not have NOED. If you've only seen the effects of 3 or less, I always assume they have it.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I think NOED can have a place on M1 killers. I think Wraith is great with NOED.

I'm trying to get an endgame build with him for NOED/Hex:Haunted Ground/Undying/Corrupt Intervention

Corrupt encourages looking for totems so the chance of them tripping HG is very high. Undying guarantees a 2nd round of HG. Or if they choose to not do HG, then Undying will save NOED in end game. Also pair it with all seeing blood and coxcombed Clapper for extra fun lol

Mainly for LOLz but I think it can be fun. Not trying to be sweaty, but do want to see how the survivors react to it.

I enjoy totems as survivors so I feel like I'm always the one cleansing HG and I feel extra deeply when it happens lol

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I'm a bad killer so maybe I will have NOED and maybe I won't....you won't know till endgame HEH HEH HEH HEHHHHHHH.

• INFECTEDMANIAC
    INFECTEDMANIAC Member Posts: 24

Let me start with I usually don't use NOED. I've 4ked many times before with NOED as a perk with 4 to 5 gens left. Imagine what I could of done If I didn't waste that spot.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    • They are using the frosty eyes cosmetic
    • They are pretty terrible at the game
    • They camp REALLY hard
    • thats pretty much it, if they're awful at the killer they are playing expect a fat noed. Even with hag and the ranged killers
  • Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Freddy and Wraith are in my top 3 played killer list and I enjoy playing doctor now and then. I don't run noed and, if I'm being honest, I'm a mediocre killer at best.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Ouch... I'll have to remember this. I really like those eyes, and I never run NOED on my Killers. Have to find something new to wear on the Clown...

######### Hag runs NOED? Who even builds to end game with a Hag other than memes? Seems like a complete waste of a Perk slot.

I actually see more Nurses run NOED than any other Killer. So many people go for the gen rush when a Nurse is playing, that she can get enormous value out of it if she misses a few Blinks and gets caught out a few times. Wraith, Clown, Ghostie, and Trapper are my other "Do dem bones" Killers though. I'll search for totems as I'm moving about from gen to gen with them all the time.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I recently played against a GF and a Pinhead who ran NOED... The Pinhead had Corrupt- Ruin-Deadlock-NOED all Tier 2... The GF had TOTH (He showed me the totem) I forget the other perks he had and NOED

The GF was chill like he didn't care about the match (often teabagging)... even sent us to Lery's... I think we all escaped (if I remember correctly)

The Pinhead was playing the newest Killer (obviously) so he had what he had... I died before it activated