Is there virtually any reason to use cruel limits?

Options

Considering bamboozel and crowd control if you ask me are infinitely better vault blocking perks

Comments

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

It has it's uses, you just gotta be creative.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

Just you wait for that one moment where someone finishes the final gen in your face and tries to use a window with the Adrenaline boost.

Then you'll be upset that you never brought Cruel Limits.

In all seriousness, not really. It's not a great perk.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

It would be nice if it also blocked pallets as well, creating a deadzone for the killer to take advantage of if they are nearby.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Tinkerer + Cruel Limits on Bubba can be fun.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I think weak perks like that need a big buff since it only works 5 times, maybe make it so ALL windows get blocked in the map since it only works 5 times.

I've never said "look at that cruel limits value" since the perk is just not good at all, even territorial is better.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Cruel Limits + Tinkerer on Leatherface sounds like fun 👀

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

The funny thing about Cruel Limits is that it CAN punish survivors that are bold enough to finish gens in your face.

Oddly, when I start observing this behaviour, and equip Cruel Limits to combat this, suddenly survivors no longer do this, so I get no use out of it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Yes, there is one: To see for yourself rather than be part of mob mentality.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I just remembered 2 hilarious times I was using Cruel Limits.

1 was on Gideon. I was approaching the gen at the foot of the stairs of the meat grinder, that has the vault at the top of the stairs drops players down to the lower level. 2 injured survivors finished the repair as I was about to enter the room. They ran upstairs instead of through the newly opened sliding doors. I don’t need to elaborate further.

2nd time was on Haddonfield where the 3 remaining survivors finished the last gen in the house with the basement. Again, this was just as I was entering through the front door and going up the stairs. I also had NOED. It was a massacre. They had nowhere to go.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Not really. It's just a meme.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

The problems with it:

• It procs when you’re losing
    • It procs near the completed gens which isn’t where you want to go
    • Doesn’t even block pallets
    • Bamboozle is just better in every way
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

It's a horrible perk. The 32m buff didn't really do much, which is a shame because when it was buffed I got genuinely excited about it, but after many games it still didn't even help.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

As Leather Face, I've had great usage of Cruel Limits, Especially on Haddonfield. Literally nothing makes me more... "aroused" then when someone finishes a gen and finds all exits blocked while I( rev up my chainsaw. Naturally I also have to apply Tinkerer, but that ultimately ends up being a means to an end.

It's not useless, you just have to know how to use it in order for it to be effective.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Cruel Limits must've been designed toward indoor maps as it shines on maps with various amounts of windows like Léry's. Otherwise, it has no virtual use on a vast majority of outdoor maps, where there's maybe a window or two in widespread locations.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I mean, at least the perk is good now and would help out M1 killer's greatly.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

This is literally exactly what it needs, plus a duration buff for good measure. It would be my favorite perk if it did just that.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Other then Crowd control and Bamboozle this perk can block windows before the survivor can even reach the window, so it has its purpose and CAN give you free downs. But I agree the use of it is rather low and very random but it still has some use, regardless of how low it is xD.

Its kinda like Blood warden, doesnt happen often tbh but if that happen its funny as hell.