Which Killer would you like to see in DBD?

TheGorgon
TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I’ll go:

Pennywise

I just feel like going up to the team that made the recent Pennywise costume and telling them about what a badass job they did.

Pennywise could be behind you or chasing you, and when the chase starts, Pennywise could say “Hi, Dwight”. Pennywise would also have an amazing mori.

Pennywise could basically be anything the developers wanted. If I were the developers, I would add a fear system for him to go up tiers and then at the final tier, have his freaky long teeth face with the ginormous claws he has in the first IT remake.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

For licensed I need leprechaun or scissorman

for non licensed I’d love a banshee

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

The Ring

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I don't have a particular want for a licensed chapter (Other than a The Shining chapter, but I don't think that will ever happen.)

I would love a Medieval Knight or some sort of Lovecraftian-esque killer

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

Xenomorph for licenced otherwise I'd take any original killer based on monster mythology like a werewolf or vampire.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited July 2021

Licensed Alien and Predator hands down.

Non Licensed I'd have to say Warewolf and Vampire for sure.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

For licensed? SInce it hasn't been said yet, the Keeper from evil within, or Anima from the evil within 2. Both are pretty cool characters i'd like seeing in DBD.

For unlicensed? A Prisoner or alchemist sorta killer would be cool. (Alchemist since blight just ended up being a mobility mutant)

• Dimtrescu Daughters, Lady Dimitrescu, Pennywise, Samara Morgan, Carrie White, Chucky or Jason whenever his lawsuit ends

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,475

To be honest with you, I am satisfied with what we currently have. Actually, I could easily live without Spirit and everyone released after her.

All I want to see right now are changes to some of their powers, especially Freddy's.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Candyman or Jason Voorhees. Yup. I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.

But, @GeneralV actually does have a point. Power tweaks would be a lot more welcoming and refreshing for older killer mains to experience instead of pushing them aside until "their time has come" for a rework.

Not a sad sloppy rework like Hillbilly, but a proper one like Wraith or Doctor. I understand what their intentions were for Hillbilly, but they went to far on the overheat mechanic and it just caused him to drop in pick rates. Yes, I think there should be a overheat mechanic, but it shouldn't punish you because you wanted to use your power.

Make it up add up when you "fan" the power bar, but let it cool down when you're running. That way he can still be used to way he was designed to in the first place while punishing chainsaw camping.

It feels weird that my boy Leatherface has a HUGE time frame before they tantrum compared to Hillbilly's Overheat

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I do not have much to say. Next month it will be known if there is an agreement or not if the lawsuit ends.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Chucky, Samara and Jason

• DwarvenTavern

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up. Excuse me? Repeat that? We'll reach a verdict next month?

• Jarol

No, but a license owner, if you could tell, Sean S. Cunningham will meet with F13th fans to ask questions and many on a f13th forum will throw their hate and hatred at him for killing the franchise, but I bet There will be questions related to the lawsuit but it should give an answer as to when it will end or not.

• Jarol

Even though Jason is trapped in legal limbo for a long time. It's like he's trapped in a lake, Jason is still Behavior's priority but there are better licenses to get like Alien for example.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Slenderman

Grew up with him in middle school when reading the "Good" Creepypasta and playing the Slender games like 8 pages and Arrival.

Also, find it fascinating how he was made by the internet's fan theories and stories based on few photoshopped pictures for a contest.

Can be an excellent killer with teleportation, sanity breaks, tentacles, some mechanic with 8 pages, and much more if we take a deeper dive in theories on him based on video games.

Ps no movie version since I only go by Arrival or concept art by Noah Summers or some design based on either of those 2.

• DwarvenTavern
  • DwarvenTavern

Same. I don't think I'd play any other killer except maybe Jason if Candyman was released

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I want either The Leprechaun from the Leprechaun series (yes the one with Warwick Davis) or The Scissorman from Clock Tower.

Either of these would be instant mains for me unless their power was misery to use.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

The servant Grunt from Amnesia:The Dark Descent or Alma Wade from F.E.A.R. when it comes to licenses. Originals, an undead astronaut/cosmonaut or a mummy would be cool

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

Since K-Pop is almost universally hated, why not a killer from a different music genre that people actually like? I would love a Kiss/Gwar style heavy metal rock killer or an undead country readneck, or a gangsta hip hop ghoul.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

I know I'll be crucified but it would definitely be SpringTrap.

And if I want to be politically correct, I would say... Man I don't have that much culture. Something from Dead Space maybe ? I really enjoyed my time on this game

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

OG I would love a banshee and like an Irish chapter. For liscenced it would be Sweeney Todd. I just think he would have a great mori lmao.

• Phasmamain

Would be cool to have Englund Freddy too. Maybe give him new Freddy’s power and return 2010 Freddy to his old power?

• GeneralV

That is a good idea, actually. I personally prefer the remake over the original movies, but lots of people don't and I am sure they would love to have the classic Freddy in the game.

As long as 2010 Freddy gets his old power back, I would be okay with this.

• Phasmamain

Damn you might the only one tbh. I liked Quentin and new Freddy but that was it.

I just want to see the more popular and more critically acclaimed NOES content in the game personally

• GeneralV

Yeah, I know. But then again, it is just a matter of opinions.

I've watched every ANOES movie and the remake was, by far, the best. The only problem is that the Chapter's content is, currently, not very impressive: Freddy's power is extremely boring, Badham has 5 versions and all of them are bad, and Quentin completely lost what made him...well, Quentin.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Ik I never shut the hell up about it, but I really want to see SOMA in this game someday.

• Tvångsrunkar
    Tvångsrunkar Member Posts: 19

Pennywise (IT), a Draugr, Big Daddy (Bioshock) , Sweeny Todd, Hannibal Lecter and Slenderman.

Can easily namedrop a few more I would like to see here 🙃

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059
    edited July 2021

Licensed? Scissorman, Pennywise, Xenomorph, Chucky, Springtrap.

Unlicensed, I really want to see a werewolf killer. Feels like a vampire's already in the works with how often vampires keep cropping up in the rift lore.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

Xenomorph or The Terminator would be good additions!

Far less likely would be Walter Sullivan (Silent Hill 4), Madame (Remember Me) or Carnage (Spider-man).

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Pac-Man, for pure comedic reasons only.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I don't care if we already have a Resident Evil chapter, I still want Jack Baker and Karl Heisenberg.

Pennywise, The Thing, and Chucky would also be cool.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Couldn't help but think of the Draugr from Skyrim. Imagine their power is just Fus-Ro-Dahing survivors across the map.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Licensed- Jason, Xenomorph, Springtrap and The Thing

Original- Honestly, I really want to see what they could do with a monster like killer in the same league as Demo.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

An Scp killer & the monster from fnf from liscensed.

a stealth killer killer that can lay down & crawl.

• HellraisingPredator
    HellraisingPredator Member Posts: 75

Jason, Chucky and Pinhead are my top 3.

Pennywise and Candyman closely follow.

Jack Torrence would be cool too.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Yoshikage Kira

He Attacks,Carry,Hooks, & Break Pallets/Wall with his Stand Killer Queen(Deadly Queen)

Powers Idea:A Trapping stuff or Sheer Hearth Attack

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I did that weird "what character are you" challenge with the Genie or whatever and got Pennywise as my answer. So he holds a special place in my heart. Plus Clown is such a poor excuse for a clown that I feel we are really missing that energy in the game.

• Lunairtic
    Lunairtic Member Posts: 78

Title: A Sea Serpent

I would love an Ocean monster. I think a sea serpent could be amazing. It's head and neck could be seen from above ground but its body would be seen moving up and down from within the earth, it would have water surrounding the edges of its neck and body. If would have the power to phase into the ground completely and we would see tides of water pool up where it is. This would allow swift movement and the ability to move through terrain. It would be able to move to other sides of loops but have an animation when it comes out of the ground. It would also have whirlpools that it could place while within its power. I think this would be a very fun killer to play and play against.

• Perlocks
    Perlocks Member Posts: 1

I know it's not for everyone, but definitely the xenomorph for me.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I don’t know how they would implement it, but a “The Thing” chapter would be amazing.

• Lunairtic
    Lunairtic Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2021

What? I dont know what that means. Is that an ancient serpent from mythology?

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

Jack the Ripper in a cobblestone English alley map.

A Sasquatch or Yeti in wilderness logging map

A Merman at an Aquatic park

An animal man hybrid at an abandoned zoo

A generic alien at area 51.

the possibilities are endless

Licensed: Chucky, Candyman, Jeepers Creepers, the Blair Witch, the usual suspects and of course Jason.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

For type of killer I'd like to see:

An Ice themed killer whose power interacts with the environment but has different effects based off of what it hit.

For characters:

I'll throw out an odd ball: The Forlorn from DS2

He's the hooded headless cloaked bronze armored knight seen in the Scholar of the First Sin box/steam art.

His power could have him switch between his insanely fast great sword and his great scythe.

The great sword would would be a normal weapon that has AoE that anyone in the AoE would get deep wounds(or lose 50% deep wounds time) if the main target is hit.

The survivor hit directly takes damage like normal.

He could switch to his great scythe which would have a longer empower lunge that was longer and could break pallets but couldn't quick attack.

aka survivors are safe if they are close to him.

Or have both weapons being the same but gain power based off of using the opposite one both passively but mainly on hit. Empowered weapons empower the other weapon faster.

The Forlorn's weapons in DS2 are best infused with blood which is the only time you gain a direct damage up from the infusions. Blood infusion causes % damage and exhaustion(Haled total stamina or stamina regen) once its fully built up.

So the sword would be a normal M1 until you use the scythe to empower it then it gains a the AoE plus 5 second exhaustion to those effected by the AoE but not the main target.

With the scythe empowered by using the sword is the same as the above but can quick attack and inflicts 10 second blind on hit.