Catergorize Perks instead of Perk Tier

Options
Gnarly
Gnarly Member Posts: 429

Perk Tiers are kind of unnecessary now with the amount of perks we have. Perks can only have one tier and will not ruin the game. To still streamline the game even more, you can color code Perks to make it easier for people to identify what the perk will do with just the color. Just a thought it be a far better way of doing things.

For Example...

•Red-Exhaustion

Obviously Perks that provide speed increases to 150% go under here.

(SPRINT BURST, DEAD HARD, SMASH HIT...)

•Blue-Information

Perks that primarily provide you information/location of killer, totems, teammates, etc.

(FIXATED, BOND, BLOOD PACT...)

•Green-Alturistic

Perks that help your teammates. Through unhooks, healing, or buffs.

(VIGIL, DESPERATE MEASURES, FOR THE PEOPLE...)

•Yelow-Objective

Perks that are more gen focused, totem cleansing, or even opening the exit gates.

(SMALL GAME, WAKE UP, PROVE THYSELF...)

•Purple-Survival

Anything that is left over. These perks mostly fall under self focus and include 2nd chance perks or hiding perks as well.

(IRON WILL, SLIPPERY MEAT, UNBREAKABLE...)

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I definitely agree they should categories perks. But I think they should look at what dbd mobile is doing with perks and implement that. They have different categories for different perks. For example they have a concealment category for perks like lightweight, Lucky Break, Poised ect.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited July 2021
    Options

I've been saying since Chains of Hate that they should remove perk tiers. Each chapter, we have at least 18 "perks" to find in the bloodweb because of these tiers.

They either have to release less characters (lol) or remove perk tiers.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

There is a perk pack for that. I used to use it when I was still kinda learning perks and how to make a decent build. Unfortunately I have devolved back into running 4 ######### perks and hoping for the best.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I like it tbh. Would make it easier post game to notice any particular playstyles. Good idea 💡

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85
    Options

It'd be easy to implement as the game internally categorizes perks anyway — Sprint Burst is a Navigation perk, Bond is a Perception perk, etc. I know dbd.gg will show those categories.

Any kind of streamlining at this point would be great. There's just so much for newer players to work on and unlock.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,563
    Options

Anything that opposes perk tiers, I am for.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I want the rainbow perks to come back to be honest.

It's boring seeing Purple all game.

Also ######### Perk Tiers.

• Gnarly
    Options

100% agree...I just think this is a fun way to add color variety again.

• Gnarly
    Options

Yea, but that is modding. This idea would be more over consoles as they give the biggest benefit to streamline. Average casuals play console so we would want to focus them.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

This is a nice idea although I'd personally love to sort them myself. Like a set of favourites so I can more quickly find the few perks I'm interested in within the sea of dog ######### perks we have.

• Gnarly
    Options

Well my OCD would like Color Coded and categorized perks however a STAR system for perks people like to put in a favorites folder or something. That is a good idea.