Anyone else feeling burnt out at the end of the event?

DelsKibara
DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like I am obligated to keep playing DBD right now because of the amount of Bloodpoints I can get but I am getting less and less fun matches on both sides and I just wanna take a break.

And there's a ######### Bloodhunt coming soon! I feel like I'm forcing myself to play DBD for the grind rather than actually playing it at this point... I wish this massive boost of BP wasn't just a once in a year thing and it's how it is usually because right now, I feel like I'm not playing for fun...

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

Yup. I'm actually looking forward to it ending for that very reason. My stupid Tippy brain isn't smart enough to just stop cause I know now is the time to try to help the grind but it's becoming more a job than fun...

Stupid Tippy brain

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yeah I’m probably going to take a break until the mid chapter. A lot of sweaty games during this event

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'm feeling burnt out from the game in general. I think I'll play for a bit during mid chapters and then just play more until a new chapter comes out.

The way solo Q is now, and how sweaty people played during the event surely didn't make it better.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

I've been feeling that way since the RE chapter dropped

I'm giving it the mid-chapter to see what gets fixed to decide if I should quit playing for a while

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I think I am also taking a week break until midchapter or bloodhunt.

• DelsKibara

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I might take a break from the game in general after this, not just the event.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Im on console and forcing myself to play to finish the last part of the rift really burnt me out on the game and its current issues. I will taking a break at least until mid-chapter if not the next chapter.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

I know I'll probably take a break busted my butt to get the rift finished now to experiment between LoL/HotS/Smite. Wanted to try a Moba

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Yep. Sweaty games and long queue times aren't worth the trouble. Apparently the retention strategy for this game is 1. Starve the players of progression with ######### bp gains. 2. Have and "Event" where bp starved players have to play like dicks to get good bp gains. Step 3. Watch as the player numbers go up (as well as player burnout) for a short time. Step 4. Investors, laugh all the way to the bank.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
    edited July 2021

Yes - Sometimes I burn myself out prepping for an event as well. I P3’d Nemesis and Jill just before the start of the event.

My goal for the event was to load up on cakes across the board (bunch of killers and survivors). In that time I have unlocked all perks on: Kate, Elodie, Nemesis, Trickster, Twins, and Blight in addition to unlocking Neme’s perks on my other seven maxed out killers.

I’m getting to a point where I have accomplished everything I’ve wanted grind wise.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Literally no one is forcing you to play. It's not a job, you have no deadlines and you don't get anything from stressing you out about it. Just play when you feel like it.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 572

I must’ve played 120+ hours the last 2 weeks to max everyone out. I feel so burned out now, after the event ends I’m not going to play dbd for a few weeks.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992

Yeah, I feel it a bit. I've been pushing myself to get some P3s (so that they'll have cakes forever and ever) and stockpile cakes on some of my favorite characters, but I've definitely overreached these past few weeks. Also frustrating seeing the goals I haven't managed to make. Or the killers who have bad perks on them and are at level 50, but there's 18 cakes on them, so it's time for 18 more games with zero slowdown, zero info perk, no IF Oni before I can get a move on.

• yui_best_girl_at_me
    yui_best_girl_at_me Member Posts: 80

no cuz i have bearly been able to play cuz consoles have devoloped a brain diffionsy during the event

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Yup. And theN there’s the upcoming bloodhunt. These are so rare I don’t dare let myself miss out! Aaaarrrggghhh

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

When is the blood hunt?

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

You guys are lucky you could play at least...we have to settle for the bloodhunt🙄

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited July 2021

Last night I had three toxic survivor matches where the killer either tunneled or camped the hook. I think players are getting burnt out, and are just looking to secure whatever blood points they can before the event is over.

• DelsKibara

Hard to feel that way when you just wanna get to the good part of playing the game by bypassing the insane levels of grind the devs put into the game.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

Yes, I'm burnt out on this game for now. I'm just doing some crown collecting on a friend's account, so that she has the crowns on killer (not that she plays killer much, but it's nice to have them).

After this event, I'm taking a break for a week until the bloodhunt. And after that, if the performance on ps4 is still trash, a much longer break.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I am happy that I don't feel the need to P3 the characters.

• SweetTerror

Same. It literally provides no incentive other than a slightly better chance of getting rare items in the blood web, and some bloody clothes. And considering just how many perks there now are, it's not worth it (to me) starting from scratch repeatedly.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Im glad this event is over, as solo Q i met so many camping / tunneling jerks that now i deeply hate all killers main \o/

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

When does the event end? Tomorrow at 11 eastern?

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

You ain't alone. I'll just be playing a couple matches a day until the BPE

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Yes, same for me. I wanted to take a break but then they extended it so I am forcing my way into the grind.

I will play something else after the event for sure.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah. Honestly, ######### killer mains. This event has really shown how scummy many of them play.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

Performance issues had me stop playing over a week ago. The event itself really wasn't anything great, definitely not good enough for me to put up with performance issues. Survivors needing to escape for their crown just had cause/effect that lead to everyone playing extra sweaty - matches were too short to get decent BP.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I can see why you got burnt out. It was a long event tbh. It was supposed to be 7/1 to 7/12, but then started early on 6/30. Then they extended it to 7/22. And now there's a blood hunt 7/29-8/2.

I think the event benefited the newer players immensely. I unlocked so many perks on survivors and unlocked some cool perks on killer (haunted ground!) And I still have 9k shards to spend. Bloodhunt is coming and I have 20 cakes ready for Spirit.

Ive been trying to limit my playing to 1-3 matches per session with maybe 2 sessions per day when not working. I have a son and family (and now a chest cold) so I don't have time to play hours on end. This is why I appreciate these events as they help me cut down on the grind considerably and can spend more time with family.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Absolutely. I was so excited for the event and super disappointed at how ###### all of the killers turned out to be during it. I wont be participating in future events unless they change things up to encourage more sporting or fun behavior from both sides.

Like next event is what, Halloween? If its just a rinse, repeat ill probably just stay logged off for the whole thing, cakes or no cakes.

I got my grind mission done. I got all survivor teachables unlocked and most killers. The extra shards were nice too, helped me unlock the last remaining characters i needed.

I'll probably be taking a long break after the bloodhunt because im a little burned out and the grind will always be there anyway.

• SweetTerror

Honestly I feel the same way. They said that the anniversary and Halloween events we're going to be the only events worth focusing on, and yet the only thing that stood out for the 5th anniversary was a slightly different crown and the same old cake. Absolutely nothing about this event felt special, so you better believe that the Halloween event is just going to be more of the same.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

This is how I felt in regards to the rift. I grinded out the first like four rifts to completion and it got to the point where I was legitimately considering the time period between rifts as "vacation". The immense grind for the rift (and the terrible disappointment that was the eternal blight event which was somehow worse than the withering blight event) actually pushed me toward my first ever break shortly after Halloween sometime in november. I'd been playing since 2016 and my first ever break from the game was this year lasting about seven months until about June just before the Resident Evil chapter came out.

I came back pleasantly surprised that they changed it a little bit and now each level of tome gives you progressively more and more rift fragments, but it's still a drop in the bucket and I know grinding the rift every single time with a 3 week ish period between them is gonna get old again real fast.

The grind in all its forms is a serious problem- and it must be absolutely horrendous for new players but even for veterans it's not all that great. Everytime a new chapter drops you've got to get the new characters to level 40 and then get all the new perks on every single survivor and killer you've got Playing not because you want to but because you feel obligated to is an awful feeling and it really changes your perspective on something you used to genuinely enjoy.

I still enjoy Dead by Daylight a lot but reconciling with the grind isn't easy, between grinding for bloodpoints, iridescent shards (which is slow as all hell and there's nothing you can do to speed it up), and rift fragments, it's pretty tough out there in the fog. And the devs have shown very little sympathy and done very little to alleviate any of these issues.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I think you're taking it too literally.

The OP (I think) was exaggerating the "being forced" part. In a way, they do want to play, but they're sick of the grind and the sweaty matches because of the event.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2021

I know but that's the thing, you know the grind is insane. You need to train yourself into thinking it's not worth it to stress out get to the end. Eventually you'll get there, but in the mean time you have to try to have fun with what you have.

That's just the advice of someone with almost 4k hours who has passed through this.