Ghostface Addons Discussion

Options

So I literally have found three useful addons for Ghostface, in terms of actually winning the game opposed to memeing around with the crouch addons. The three being, Outdoor Security Camera, Chewed Pen, and the Address Book. Ghostface was my first killer that I ever played in this game, I bought Dead by Daylight for Ghostface actually, and I love playing him, but playing him without Chewed Pen and the Address Book feels terrible honestly.

Anyone have any suggestions about addons that you'd like to discuss related to this? Personally feel as if his iridescent addons feel a bit underwhelming. Ghostface in my eyes is a really balanced killer, just feels as if his addons don't really help him all that much aside from the ones I've mentioned, which, he does come with decent perks which may explain their process in balancing them. But in my opinion, a lot of his addons seem to just be a joke.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Ghostface is a killer where his Add-Ons are kinda boring. He only has a few of any use, the ones you listed, with the rest either being terrible- Like stalking movement speed -or used for meme builds, like his crouched movement speed. Detection Range is decent in theory, but his whole detection aspect is broken in general.

His best are by far his Night Shroud recovery add-ons. Night Shroud just takes too long otherwise. I'd want them to buff his base recovery speed and nerf these add-ons, but honestly I just think he needs a whole add-on pass so he can maybe get some interesting add-ons. I doubt it though.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198
    Options

Scream 5's release is coming soon, which may lead to something, but I highly doubt it as well. Which is sad. He is my favorite killer in this game.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I think one of the issues is Ghostface's power is very simple. There's not a lot they could do to it, I guess. I'd love if they added some effects to Nightshoud or something. Maybe maybe your action speed faster, but make it easier to break you out? I don't know. His add-ons are just so boring.

I'm assuming you play Ghostie because if Scream, right? I'm curious, what does a Scream fan think of DbD's version of Ghostface?

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347
    Options

I have Bad News for you. DbD didnt get the License for Scream, but rather for the Ghostface Mask Itself. So even if a new Movie comes out, it doesnt have to do with the InGame GhostyBoy. But yeah. Just making his Base Recovery Speed 10 seconds or even 5 seconds faster would make him far less Addon dependend.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

Needs addons reworked and his cool down reduced.

Also maybe fixed detection range but idk.

Every Ghostface uses cool-down addons because gotta wait 30 seconds which sucks even if a survivor somehow reveals you behind a rock.

• ImTooooomingggggg
    ImTooooomingggggg Member Posts: 28
    Options

Its actually good they didn't. Probably much cheaper and also allows them a lot more freedom to make skins for him compared to other licensed killers.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I have two ideas for making recovery addons less of a necessity:

1. Getting a "Surprise Stab" or "Marked Stab" event automatically refills 50% of his power.

2. Straight up buff his recovery to 20 seconds and rework Chewed Pen.

Of course I prefer 1, it rewards good GFs, and punishes those that misuse his power.

As of his addons, keep those that increase the stalking progress while not leaning, as they sometimes come in clutch, and the ones that increase duration of the Exposed.

For the other ones, just rework them to give status effects, just like with Wraith. Make addons that give Blindness and Mangled after getting a "Surprise Stab" or "Marked Stab".

Some addons could mess up more with his power. He could have an iridescent or purple that turns off his red light while crouched. Others could make his footsteps and clothes harder to be heard, or make Marked survivors have a blurred vision.

• TheGentlemen
    Options

Well Ghostface is my favorite slasher, I have my own mask and all of that, huge Scream fan, and I'm happy with DbDs take on him, the straps are a cool part of his design and his mori is so fitting for who he is, I'm not mad at all that it's not a Ghostface from the Scream franchise, only thing that confuses me just a tad is how he wipes his knife just like the original Ghostface from the first Scream movie, despite not being that same character, just a nitpick though, all in all I love the character and his power, super fun killer, the best mori in the game imo, since it really gives the killer personality.

Only things that bug me about Ghostface is the fact he's not as viable in higher rank play due to limitations on his power and addons, etc.

• TheGentlemen
    Options

Ah yeah I read about that actually, you just reminded me of it. That's a shame tbh, wonder if they'll do anything related to Myers in terms of Halloween Kills, that'd be great, and another discussion I plan on having is about Myers, but that's for another day. Glad they did get the license for the mask, gives a lot more freedom.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

Chewed Pen and Address Book needs to be base-kit, then just rework those add-ons. He needs an add-on pass as well. It's a similar situation as old Wraith, where he was only viable with windstorm add-ons.

Oh and they need to fix the reveal mechanic.

• TheGentlemen
    Options

I've noticed the reveal mechanic is wonky at times, it seems he has a Myers situation in my opinion? Just not as bad, like he seems a bit outdated, like some of the other killers as well, and he just needs some tweaks. Too bad this won't happen in my opinion.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

When you listed the 3 useful items, and two of the ones listed off I said "those two makes sense" then I read outdoor security camera.

I personally like all of his addons minus killer instinct ones and out door security camera.

Why I dislike this addon is because it's incredibly situational. Unless you use it with some other perks, then it becomes hysterically funny.

By itself it's pretty situational.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited July 2021
    Options

He should have some recovery base since without them he’s a pretty weak killer.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

About 80% of Ghost Face's add-ons are viable in their own right, the exceptions being those that increase stalk movement speed and maybe the killer instinct duration types (not including Victim's Detailed Routine).

There's the running gag that he's add-on dependent, but that comes from GF players too addicted to the recovery add-ons to say he's fine without them. Now yes, the 30 sec. cooldown is pretty rough and I would agree they should shave off a couple seconds, but if you know what you're doing with Night Shroud, and you're an active stalker, the 30 seconds is an afterthought at best.

If you are the type that uses stalk often, stick with Mark (exposed) duration add-ons, Ghost Face Caught on Tape, and stalk rate add-ons (not leaning).

Every other add-on is fair game to experiment with, AGAIN not the stalk movement add-ons, because my god The Shape utilizes that far better than Ghost Face can.

• Jubeithesilent01
    Jubeithesilent01 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Sex

• Jubeithesilent01
    Jubeithesilent01 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Ad sex to dbd