Honest question for killers.

OtakaChan
OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Why do you all literally tunnel everyine else but ignore one person and refuse to look for them just to kill 3 people and give the coward a free game....like why? I'm literally doing everything to keep my other two solo team mates alive and elodie doesnt do [BAD WORD] but hide and do gens. She's never unhooked, she never healed anyone, but she gets to live because she basically said [BAD WORD] you people and there isn't [BAD WORD] I can do about it. Why? Its always the person who hides and never does anything for the team that gets away in solo queue.....

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,476

I don't do that unless the person happens to be the obsession and I have STBFL. And even then, they will get hooked eventually.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181

Yes I can whole heartedly respect this. It just irks my soul that someone who literally hides all game can jist get a free out because they care for no one but themselves. Then again I did face that same elodie when she's a killer and she's a tunneled from hell

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

I've had games where I never hook the 4th survivor until the end. It's generally a better strategy to focus on 2 or 3 survivors in the early game, because getting a survivor or 2 to death hook is more impactful than having all 4 survivors hooked once.

I've also had games where I just never saw the 4th person, because they hid the entire game. Although personally I never give hiders the hatch.

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78

basically what tippy said, im not gonna ignore the other survivors who i can find easily just to go search the map for one person i may not even find, thats what the game is about though, the asymetrical aspect is that elodie has every right to play immersive if she wants to. and it sucks but if you are the 1 survivor who i always happen to find then it may very well be the death of you, sometimes you gotta adapt and maybe hide a little bit yourself so they others can be found and then do stuff when the killer is distracted.

i try my hardest not to tunnel but if everyone is gonna be little scardy cats then im gonna go make myself a drink, i dont have time to corral the children

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100

I sometimes ignore the session with spirit because Rancor, but other reasons could inlcude the stupid daily rituals and challenges the devs add in forcing players into unfun gameplay to complete them in a timely manner, if i go in and i have a sacrifice x number of people with a killer i don't like then i am tunneling and camping to not have to play them any longer than necessary,

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Unless you're running Bond you can't know what they were doing.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

I never let deadweight players escape. If I see a good player stuck with deadweight teammates, I will usually let them go because I also play solo survivor and know how it feels to be stuck with teammates that don't do much.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

How do you tunnel 3 survivors?

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

Its not always beneficial to throw the game to go look for the person playing musical lockers. Its annoying on both sides to have someone do nothing but hide waiting for hatch to spawn, I completely get that and Ive had games where I have either threw an escape to save a dead weight player or they got an easy hatch escape cause they could'nt be bothered to participate in the match.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited July 2021

I chase any survivor in my sight view, even if it has been just unhooked, unless I need to kill a specific survivor urgently. If I never see Elodie then I will never chase her. If there are 2 survivors left in the game I sometimes leave the most active survivor alone and search for the sneaky one

I don't care

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Honest question: why are you asking a disembodied loaded question to a group of players on a forum who have not personally done anything to you?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Elodie's surviving because she's never taking aggro. As the killer, I can't afford to go find the Elodie unless I want to lose the game. It can take several minutes if not longer to ferret out one determined immersive, and all of the gens are going to pop in that time if I let three other players work on them. If I could somehow get the rest of the players to agree to put the game on pause until I get into a chase with her, sure, but that isn't happening.

Elodie's a terrible teammate and I'll punish her for you guys if I can, but at the same time, you can't expect the killer to throw the game just because they haven't found one person yet.

If the killer is 'tunneling' three players... first off, that's a very improper use of the term tunneling, but secondly, that's mainly a teammate problem and one of the survivors isn't carrying their weight. You should try leading the killer over to any 'Elodies' you get - if you can, accidentally run straight towards her every time you get into chase. The killer may switch targets. Everything else aside, she's an unclaimed BBQ stack and many killer players will probably be wondering where she's been hiding.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I was asking myself the same question.

Maybe the term tunneling is morphing into something else. Like it happened with face camping.

@OP Could you specify what you mean with tunneling everyone?

• Gaffy
    Gaffy Member Posts: 222

I'm not going to just throw the game because I have to spread hooks evenly, if I see you and want to chase you it's fair game.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

If I can't find them how can I hook them.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I don't know how you tunnel 3 survivors at a time but I always try to hook everyone at least 1 time cause I will always run BBQ.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Well maybe the killer hasn’t seen the Elodie the whole game, so what is the killer supposed to do about that? I’m sure he tried to hunt her like he did the other survivors. But no, it’s always the killer’s fault for everything.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I'm confused. Firstly, how can you tunnel more than one person. Secondly, why should the killer actively search for one person that they haven't seen the whole trial?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,137

I try to find and hook everyone in a match, but sometimes I just can't find them. Every once in a while the survivors will do something to help me get my last BBQ stack (forever grateful to that Meg who stopped opening the exit gate and teabagged as the Claudette attempted to run out lol), but what I see more often is three survivors throwing themselves in front of me saving someone who had three crows over their head. Congrats, you guys did the work and he gets a free 5k for escaping.

Killers aren't omniscient, they don't know every detail of what's going on in a match. Unless I'm camping the hook, I don't know who made the hook saves. I don't know who completed the gens or did the heals.

Anyway, if I can't find a survivor, and none of the other survivors "accidentally" help me find that survivor, then... I guess that last survivor doesn't get found.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440
    edited July 2021

Not going out of my way to look for an immersed survivor when there's 3 other easy targets jumping in my face. If there's an opportunity for me to chase them I will but I'm not throwing the rest of the game for it. If they get hatch they get hatch, they're probably gonna get nothing for points and I still count 3ks as wins.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its simple:

Its the survivor's team's job to spread out the hooks.

As 2 people hiding all game and not doing generators vs a chase heavy killer like Deathslinger or Spirit is a quick way of losing the half of the team that wasn't hiding all game.

Aka Learn to take Aggro. Sometimes your forced to get into bad chases with the killer to not lose teammates.

My teammates hiding all game is what usually gets me killed as survivor despite my best efforts to progress the game.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Feels bad when the person who was waiting in the locker for you to die gets the hatch.

Feels worse when the Killer gives it to them.

Hasn't happened often to me but, it does once in while.

I think it's more a mistake than anything or, the Killer generally gives hatch after solid 3K.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

If I haven't found a player all game who has been hiding and not taking their took on the hook... They're not leaving the trial alive if I can help it.

One match that comes to the top of my head regarding this is coincidentally, an Elodie was hiding from me all game while I killed her teammates one by one. Eventually it became a 2v1. It came down to Kate and Elodie. I was in chase with Kate longer than I should've but took it on because there's only two left and I don't quite care if I get the 4k I consider a 3k a win for me but I digress. Anyway, so eventually I lose Kate and to my surprise Elodie finishes the last gen. I finally find her trying to hide to do the gate and get out. I chase her, I down her, I hook her and I gladly let Kate escape. This Elodie I swear was hiding the entire game and anytime I caught an unhooker, if wasn't her and the time previously (before it became a 2v1) when I had hooked Kate, her unhooker was nowhere to be seen (hm...) So I had no choice but to go for the Kate again. As killer, hunting for the hiding survivor all game is a luxury you can't afford but it sure is annoying when you want that BBQ stack or you just know from the survivor standpoint they should be taking aggro.

I don't know how many survivors need to hear this or implant this into their brains but for the love of god if you haven't been in chase or the only one not hooked yet while your teammates are on death hook... TAKE. THE. HEAT. I have no respect for the survivors who hide all game and let their teammates take each hooking and try to weasel their way to the exit gates or hatch. Do more for your team.

As a survivor this is why I'm always tempted to lobby dodge when I see a Claudette in there. They just hide all game and wait for the team to die to get hatch while they live in lockers. Only came across a single handful of Claudette's who weren't the "doing gens, you?" Stereotypes.

Again, do more for your team. Take the aggro, you'll be alright, getting hooked is not the end of the world.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

I can't kill someone I can't find. And why would I waste time trying to find that one person I never see, if I keep finding the other 3 Survivors?

It's not my job to throw the match hunting for the Immersed Survivor just because the other 3 might find it unfair that she gets the hatch. I'll hook her if I find her, but I'm not keeping a running tally of who I've hooked & ignoring everyone else to spread the hooks out. If I find someone; I hook them.

Not my fault if someone goes out of their way to do nothing but hide, and I have no obligation to write down who I've hooked and who I have not hooked to 'play fair'.