Do you think DBD matches still have a subtle, hidden MMR value?

Options
TacitusKilgore
TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

This has been on my mind a lot for a while, as i've noticed that overtime i am really only ever matched with people around my hours (1000-2000 hour survivors whenever i play killer, as i have around 2500.) and i find it very hard to believe that our matches aren't at least slightly influenced by our skill rating and amount of in game hours. Am i just a conspiracy nut or is this a possible thing going on?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,598
    Options

I do think they are.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

For right now, probably a little tinfoil hat behavior lol.

But they have gone on record to say that MMR is not actively affecting matchmaking at the moment, but it is still collecting data for later use in current matches in the meantime.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Definitely feels like it. My billy matches have much worse survivors than my clown matches

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

They admitted that they are collecting data in the background.

I do not care about technical deatails...lets see the facts...

I have 3200 hours and im getting matched c.o.n.s.i.s.t.e.n.t.l.y with players with 10-20 hours. (and players from specific region - very problematic region - i dont want to play with).

Most of the time i have to dodge like 8-10 lobbies before i found one that i dare to start.

This can be done when the Q is instant.

Dont tell me this is normal, it is not. It is not just a bad code, it is pure purpose.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

I doubt it. I'm not a god survivor player, but I am pretty decent. I consistently run killers for a long time if they decide to chase that long. I do gens, I make safe saves so on. I try to play efficiently always. I get paired up with people that go down in 5 seconds, that don't do gens, that save in the killer's face, that don't save, and that crouch around. This happens VERY often. I would like to think that if there was an MMR I would at least be like the diamond 1 equivalent on survivor. The people I get as teammates and a fair amount of the killers I face are like sliver or bronze level.