The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This is a rant as well as a question

Why do some survivors, wait at the exit gate until the very last moment

In the majority of my games, I encounter this where no matter how many survivors remain in the game, once the exit gate opens they just sit there until the egc is about to end and then they dip, It infuriates me so goddam much and I don't really know why I just dont understand the need for it.

Like I usually assume it is because they need their 5 seconds of satisfaction and tbagging/flashlight clicking at me because their parents didn't hug them enough and got them a chocolate cake one time instead of vanilla.

Anyway that is all, thank you for coming to my vent, if you do this please inform me why maybe I can understand

Comments

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

I rarely do it but most of the time I want the killer to hit me out giving them one last bit of bp, and emblem points.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Survivors are wasting your time because they think they're "cool" and "epic."

That and they're just trying to hold you back so killer games take forever to open up

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

For some, it's getting those last few chase/escape points. For others, it's to give the killer a free hit and a few more points before leaving. For still others, it's to teabag and clickety-click to show disrespect. For me personally it's the first one, though more often than not I will leave as soon as I know all living survivors are safe.

As killer I don't really want the last pity hit and don't want to give anyone the satisfaction of teabagging, so I stay away from the gates and either look for stuff to break or use my power over and over if it's something that gives points.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

If you don't want it, why do it for them?

I think it'd be kinder just to leave

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

That's why I said I do just leave if I know everyone is safe and no one will need rescued. On the occasions when I do stay it's to get myself a few extra chase points.

• TheVolgun
    TheVolgun Member Posts: 34

This is exactly what I do most of the time, but the times where I do go to the gate It is just the clicky-clicky and tbags

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,402

I only do it to make sure that everyone is safe. Once my teammates are in the gate, I will leave.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Because they're smarmy ######### and the Endgame Collapse is a largely ineffective mechanic.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

To make sure my teammates made it out or to press F for the one poor soul who didn't make it out. Once that's done, I leave.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I will wait around to make sure everybody else is out, but then I leave. If you’re t-bagging in the exit, you’re just begging to get hooked.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Points, give teammates a chance to open the other door, no reason to leave.

I’ve pipped before because of the emblem progress waiting at the gate.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If I can heal I heal for the BPs but mostly I just leave of course. If I play killer I know that survivors wants to stay and t-bag or for some other reason so I try to break pallets or breakable walls until they leave.

• Typedragonfly0
    Typedragonfly0 Member Posts: 18
  • ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    edited July 2021

As a survivor I do this only if there are teammates hurt in case they need someone to take a protection hit for them to exit the gate. If everyone's already there and they want to teabag, I'm out of there.

As a killer (usually a Huntress) I take that time to practice my hatchet throws aiming at them or at something else if I feel they may escape (spoiler alert: my aim sucks, I cant hit [BAD WORD] lol). If I'm playing something else I usually try to break some pallets or walls too

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,270

I won't wait until the last second unless the killer camped and tunneled from the start, then I'll milk out the time as much as I can.

The only other time I'll wait is if I know the killer is near and I have an item. I'll offer it to them before leaving as a GG if they played well.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

Absolutely hate people who do this ######### there's been a few times where I'm far away from the gate but found the hatch so it's like leave damn it

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Just to BM you enough for a forum post such as this to be made. Just don't go to the exit gates,i never do. If the gates are open i just sit on my phone and let them do as they please, more often than not i get hatemail from salty survs who feel like they had their time wasted because they Tbagged the empty space outside of the exit gate.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Sometimes I'll stay behind to make sure everyone else gets out or to get in the EGC heal points, which is what we should be doing as survivor (unless it's unsafe).

I used to stay behind so killer could get more points hitting me, but killers consistently say they don't like that so I stopped. One got kinda pissy at me for it too. I guess to be fair, they aren't as strapped for points as survivors are, so something done out of kindness on my end didn't really apply to someone who didn't need it.