Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Good Perks if You Suck At Looping as Survivor?

Exactly what the title says. I am really ######### at looping, so I prefer to play stealthy. What are good perks for survivors who are just ######### at looping?

Comments

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Well Dead Hard is pretty good, but you need map awareness or you'll eat dirt

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Spine Chill/Resilience is great for making fast vaults mid chase. It can make the difference between gaining distance or getting downed.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

Which I usually do when I used DH. I try to have map awareness, but my sense of direction is poor and I get turned around easily.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

That makes sense, since you're under panic.. Sprint burst is another good choice, or if you like stunning the killer than running away Smash Hit would be a better choice

• VioletCrimes

This will sound stupid, but Spine Chill makes me really paranoid. Every time it lights up I want to run away from what I’m doing.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Nothing will save a bad looper. Practice and learn the tiles. Perks mean very little if you cant maximize their potential. DH will only get you so far (and you will still go down in the end). Most people don't use it well or its VERY predictable when they will use it so its easy to bait out.

I recommend bringing a Med Kit with Syringe though. Can fix a mistake pretty quickly and it will only prolong the chase to the point a good killer will likely let you go to focus on more gen pressure.

Sprint Burst is the only perk I can recommend because it lets you sit on gens longer and not worry as much and you get a nice little head start on the killer.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

It's spooky but over time, you'll be able to predict when the killer's heading in your direction so it won't be as necessary. Or if you do use it, you'll know the best time to pay attention to it.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited July 2021

Use Alert and possibly Dark Sense

It'll let you keep tabs on the killer and help you plan your escape route, since you know where the killer will be coming from.

Information is the key to solo survival

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54

If your map awareness is not the best run Windows of Opportunity to learn the layouts, map generation nowadays is mostly the same and loops will seem familiar after a while. Dead hard compliments a good looper letting them continue the chase for possibly double the time. If you want to learn common mindgames than you could bring a key with amber and see the killer while running them

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

I prefer to play stealthy too, so I would also recommend Windows if you suck at looping. However, I would also add IW and Q&Q to the deal. I've lost a LOT of killers just because Q&Q proc'd at exactly the right time.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

Lucky break, iron will and a good medkit make a really good stealth build

Alternatively dance with me, quick and quiet and lithe can also help you hide mid chase

A bit of a meme but still functional is quick and quiet, deception and head on

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

So, the answer changes depends on whether you want to get better at looping or want to survive without it.

If you want to get better at looping, Windows, Spine Chill, Resilience, and Dead Hard are your friends.

If you want to survive without looping, I would recommend Lithe, a self healing perk of your choice, and then just kinda whatever. Windows also wouldn't be bad. If you can pull off getting injured while you vault, you'll take off moving at 8 m/s without the Killer being able to follow easily. If he commits to downing you, most killers will take a long time to confirm the down, giving your team precious time.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
  • Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

If you play solo i would recommend windows of opportunity with open handed.

This way you can see where pallets or windows are and plan your routing accordingly.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

For playing stealthily: spine chill, sprint burst, fixated.

At this point, many would say to use iron will, but I disagree. If you can't loop, once you're injured, chances are you'll go down fast and iron will won't make a difference.

I suggest calm spirit, instead. And a medkit.

There are other honorable mentions such as distortion. However, you can't cover all the killer's tracking possibilities and certain perks are too limited in use.

This build gives you the best bang for your buck and it's consistent across the board.

Use your awareness and spine chill to get a sense of the killer approaching. Skate around them undetected with fixated. Then either break away slowly, or trigger sprint burst if found to make yourself a target not worth committing to.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Try not to be stealthy? Ur not gonna learn to loop if you don't go and try it

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

If you want to avoid the killer, Spine Chill and Urban Evasion will help keep you unseen. Iron Will has helped me disappear mid-chase.

If you want to get better in chases and improve your map awareness, Windows of Opportunity is pretty amazing.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

An Exhaustion perk, probably Sprint Burst or Lithe. BT, because that's always a good choice. Inner Strength is good. Inner Strength/Totem Perk is better, just don't get caught in the trap of thinking it we'll help against NOED. Could also use Self Care/Botany Knowledge or even Self Care/Resurgance.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

No Mither

Now you HAVE to learn how to loop properly, and fast. Dead Hard will make you perk reliant, Vault Speed build forces 2 perk slots out of you, Windows of Opportunity just shows Windows (and pallets) of Opportunity. No Mither teaches you how to be a MAN.

For serious answer, Idk, I guess Windows, Spine Chill, Resilience, and Dead Hard.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Kindred is a must. You know if the killer is coming for you after the hook and get to see how the other survivors are wasting time and getting everyone killed... i guess that part is the downside.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Perks won't help you with looping.

You better learn without looping perks.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Windows of opportunity, a simple exhaustion perk such as lithe, resilience/spine chill

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Some people are hopeless cases, I'm not stealthy, i watched a lot of tutorials/guides whatever, know all the maps layouts, have 3k hours and I suck at looping.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

To completely avoiding Killer: Urban, Calm spirit, Spinechill, Premonition

To disappear after taking a hit: Ironwill, quick & quiet, dance with me, lithe

• VioletCrimes

Exactly. I'm stealthy because I'm a hopeless case for looping.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Lithe dance with me and WoO combine really well

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Iron Will, Quick and Quiet, Lithe, Dance With Me. Ninja mode. Can't loop if you're halfway across the map with a vault.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Alert/Dark Sense, and Windows of Opportunity with a perk like Balanced Landing or Sprint Burst. Last perk is your choice.

Alert/Dark Sense (Probably don't need to stack them, would recommend Alert over Dark Sense though if you have it.) will let you get aura reading on the Killer mid-chase, giving you information as to where you need to be. Also works outside of chase.

Windows of Opportunity, even though it has a nasty cooldown, will reliably show you where Windows and Pallets are, allowing you to learn what the different structures are and how to identify them- along with how they're set up.

Balanced Landing/Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst lets you make sure you don't get caught in deadzones, and Balanced Landing is just reliable, while not effecting you too much mid-chase like Dead Hard, Lithe or Smash Hit. (Dead Hard lets you extend chases a lot, and can easily make you too comfy with it. Lithe and Smash Hit encourage you to leave strong tiles early, instead of learning how to get value out of them.)

Spine Chill is another great perk so you don't get snuck up on, but I don't recommend it for this purpose because, along with Resilience, it messes with your vault speed, which can make the learning curve harsher then it should be. (Remember, you want to be able to loop reliably without those kind of perks in the future.) You can also run Bond, just to make sure you're not running the Killer to teammates, and Medkits are great options for letting you heal up between chases.

General Advice:

Practice makes perfect. It's going to take a long time to get good at loops, and that's okay. Just keep practicing, and you'll get better.

Learn the different vault types and angles. They effect whether or not you can get hit through certain vaults.

Watch some people like Ayrun, JRM, and Otzdarva. Try to just take note of things like where they stand at certain loops. Standing at certain spots in certain loops can really help visibility. Don't worry about fancy tricks like Dumb Techs.

Biggest thing is a part of experience, but it's learning to be perceptive and reading your opponent and what they'll do. Again, comes with time and practice, but it is possible.

Good luck!

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Loop Til Daylight.

There are some good tips here but, if you want to be able to enjoy Survivor, you will need to learn some looping techniques and map awareness. There are just too many ways to break a stealthy player and your team will often need you to take some heat eventually.

I'm sure you can find some videos explaining the basics on Youtube and, the tutorial bot match is a good place to practice against a bad Killer with no pressure.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Hmm, the best I can come up with is visionary, lucky break, sprint burst, and inner strength.

Visionary so you can be as productive with gens as possible. Lucky break to make the killer have a difficult time catching you if used correctly. Sprint burst so that you have at least some kind of defense against the killer that's also easy to use. And inner strength just because it's good. But honestly inner strength can be swapped out with iron will, whichever one you prefer.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I shall share with you my build that I use when I don't want to be chased. Ever. At all.

Basically it's a gen monkey build and I use this when I'm just wanting to vibe in solo queue / let my friends take chase if we're playing together.

Sprint Burst or your choice of exhaustion perk

This will help you make distance from the killer when/if they find you. Sometimes doing this can be enough for them to just drop chase immediately and go after someone else but this isn't often the case. I usually let them get close to me and act like I am oblivious before sprinting away. Best case scenario you make them whiff and make a HUGE amount of distance off to a safe pallet etc. this makes you extremely unattractive to killers

Iron Will

This will make you silent while injured. You can be bad at looping and a killer can still lose you because they can't hear you because they decided to try and mind game you when really they just end up mind gaming themselves. Ducking into a corner after breaking line of sight can trick them sometimes they'll run past and not notice you. Iron Will let's you do stuff you shouldn't be able to get away with and so, for someone who isn't good at looping I always recommend it because it helps everyone good or bad.

Calm Spirit

Yes most people call this garbage however, good killers pay attention to crows. If you're not tipping off crows then you'll be much harder to find. Crows are so nasty and underrated. They basically give away your location to killers and they don't even need line of sight on you. Calm Spirit allows you to walk or run past crows without disturbing them and you'll also be immune to screaming. This is much more niche but if you're up against Infectious Fright snowball killers or doctor they'll have a significantly harder time finding you because, well you just won't be screaming LOL

Last slot you can do whatever but staying in spirit with the build I recommend Spine Chill. Spine Chill is ultimate gen monke perk (Well aside from Prove Thyself).

Spine Chill gives you that juicy bonus repair speed when it is active and otherwise gives you valuable information that the killer is possibly approaching. Letting go of a gen and getting a head start to run or hide is nice. You can waste a lot of a killers time by hiding around the gen you were repairing. It takes practice but if you can be a ninja you can make Spine Chill cowardly gen monke work.

Now I would like to give a disclaimer though, if the Killer has Whispers good luck hiding. Killers who have Whispers will search every nook and cranny of the area until they find you because Whispers literally tells them that you're there so if a killer always finds you no matter how good you think you are hiding that's probably why.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Windows of Opportunity is a great perk if you wanna find a pallet to practice looping at.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

If you just prefer to chill avoiding the killer and smashing some gens then use more stealth and repair speed perks, like Technician, Prove Thyself, Diversion, Poised and Distortion.

If you happen to enter in a chase with a killer, you can, instead of looping, use perks that help you deceive the killer and break the chase. I am talking about Quick and Quiet, Dance With Me, Iron Will and Deception.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
    edited August 2021

One of my fav perks to use is Windows of Opportunity. Its amazing as an experienced survivor and its really good for starting out survivors. Use it to help you map out a route to loop the killer. I also would use stuff like Quick and Quiet and depending on the map Urban Evasion can work well with terrain.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Windows of opportunity with sprint burst, don't bother with dead hard until you are more confident at running people, it's far better to be able to sprint out of a deadzone and get to safe pallet to prolong your chases, just don't greed pallets and try to chain your pallets/vaults.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

I play differently. I think I am in the same boat as you. I'm not the GREATEST at chase and such so it's best for me to evade.

Trickery will get you far, or at least it does in my book.

Try getting Adam's pebble perk " Diversion " and targeting it at lockers when you get a chance in a loop and then loop around the opposite way / go the opposite direction. Just make sure you've turned a corner or more before you run so you don't leave tracks.

Don't bother with exhaustion perks is my tip. You'll just rely on them and half the time you'll get hit when using Lithe anyway. Dead Hard you have to time and it lags and glitches. It will get you killed. Sprint perks suck. Your perks are better used in ways to help your team and to make you do useful things faster. Like healing and unhooking and doing gens and totems.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Spine Chill and Resilience for vault speed. Windows of Opportunity to find pallets.

Now if your good at using the perk then Dead Hard is the obvious next perk. Though I'd actually suggest Sprint Burst instead to allow you to reach the pallets you need without getting hit.

Once you get better at the game then remove Windows of Opportunity and use Iron Will.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

Just play like a lot the competitive player. If you see a hint of the killer coming toward you, start running, even if he is still 20m away. You won't be the most efficient on gens but the killer will need to waste a lot of time just to catch up, when he is close branch of to the nearest pallet/jungle gym do a loop or 2, drop the pallet, repeat until you are down or the killer give up.That work even better if you have a good set up close (strong building, good junction of multiple tile).

If you do that, be aware that if your team isn't at least a bit invested in gens you will just drain your ressources for late game. But if the killer over commit, you can easily keep him busy for at least 1 minutes just by holding W and predropping a pallets every now and then.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Windows of opportunity helped me a great deal with getting better at learning where to run and planning ahead mid chase, I had no idea how many things were around to help out until I started using it. Don't need it as much any more now that I've gotten used to where tiles are in each map, but it really helped me to learn how to extend chases