The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nothing but toxic survivors/longloops

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I'm sick and tired of playing killer anymore, all survivors do is loop one single window, 5 times over until the next one, like the second they get seen. How is that gameplay fun? I have to be forced to bring bamboozle on most killers because that's the basic survivor tactic, default is you're allowed to loop one spot like 4 times before it blocks it. Do the devs not know how long that is?

Most killers im saying aren't allowed to free form builds without the consequence of getting rolled every match

With gens, your forced to bring a gen slow down perk or block otherwise survivors would rather get ripped off gens then leave one on 90 or whatever. It's just a massive stress fest if you're not a travel killer.

I'll never shut up about mori's either, they should be base kit, im tired of the way it makes survivors play the second they see an offering not flip over. It always turns into an infuriating loop match even more so most of the time too. Survivors shouldn't always be in the mindset they can sip drinks until theres a mori, that's just another example of power survivors overall hold over killers.

Killer is just becoming more and more unfun and it's no wonder survivors ques take so long. Nobody wants the stress and that's a fact.

Post edited by SasukeKun on

Comments

• SasukeKun

Maybe in the long time the event has been going on recently, and in recent months the community has massively grown.

Also just stating my opinion that's all

• SasukeKun

So you agree, there's a flaw in survivor design. That's part of my point, of course looping is part of the gameplay but if you don't play normal levels on killer it's hard to really see what i mean i guess

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Not entirely sure how survivors are toxic for playing the game.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Same as killer being toxic playing the game with certain "tactics". It is the most efficient way on both sides.

• SasukeKun

See but the growing problem is you're locked into a handful of certain builds. There isn't enough diversity for killer perks yet

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Not exactly, I simply agree that there's some structures and map rng setups that are stupid. House of Pain on Haddonfield/Badham and crazy strings of tiles like long wall jungle gym with the window facing shack window with a long pallet and cow tree on the other side. Completely insane setup randomly placed on the map.

But my whole point is that none of that is the survivor's fault, and blaming them for using something the game gave them isn't the way to go at all. And that's how it seems when your title is "nothing but toxic survivors" and you don't mention anything else than players simply using the resources the map gave them with zero input on their part in the map's generation.

• burt0r

They are the reason this game is in this mess coupled with the mechanics given by the devs.

Normally player like that should either be separated by matchmaking ranking or other mechanics so they only play each other. But just like in essentially all online multiplayer pvp games there are methods to Smurf or derank again for this kind of people to infect the rest of the community until everyone either has to stop caring or run their top game all the time just in case. And in the latter case people have to learn to tone it down a notch ones they notice that the other side is not armed to their teeth and that they don't necessarily have to use their shotgun that they brought to a knives fight.

• SasukeKun
    edited July 2021

I could say the same about some things that killer's did that were set in place and then changed because of survivors outcry. What that is called is exploits is what that sounds like

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

Surv Q ~30 seconds, Killer Q ~10 minutes, yeah, it's a long time for Survivors to queue up. I'm not even trying to play as Killer for last month, only for daily because this waiting simulator killing me more than I killing anybody.

And considering looping as "toxic" is on another level. What you want? 1 hit, 1 hook, no windows, pallets, no objects at all and 4k every game to feel satisfied?

• SasukeKun

I'm not considering looping toxic, and as pointed out there are certain spots in maps you can take advantage of, whether it's balanced or not per say

• violetcherries
    violetcherries Member Posts: 37

So I'm supposed to give you a free hook or kill? It doesn't work like that buddy.

Earn your kills like we have to earn our escapes.

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

I have been playing as survivor for weeks now, Most are nasty selfish fks. And when i play killer they just gen rush and have no time for a fun game, I get it you like being a survivor who escapes most the time but making a game last 5 minutes is not fun! whatever side you are on you disconnecting gen rushing morons!

• burt0r

And again someone posting useless queue time information without context in form of region and time of day.

Btw I played on Monday evening 9pm in euw, on PC with crossplay and didn't even have time to check my killer load out before getting a lobby.

Is this personal experience a widely applicable standard? Hell no and yours isn't any better.

• maaadinsomniac

Sorry, the title "NOTHING BUT TOXIC SURVIVORS" and then complaining about looping windows confuses me little bit.

Killer role is just frustrating and stressful but Survivor role is boring, it's really not fun to hold M1 being afk on gens over and over again. Deal with it or play another game for a while instead of complaining about it.

Peace

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2021

toxic survivors have no life relish in that fact#

• maaadinsomniac
    edited July 2021

I have broken leg, so 24/7 EU servers, is it enough for you? Okay, maybe around 22pm CEST is like 1:30 for Survivor to get match. But as Killer I'm literally dying any time, no matter what.

And I was replying to this with my queue times: "Killer is just becoming more and more unfun and it's no wonder survivors ques take so long. Nobody wants the stress and that's a fact."

Survivors queue is just not long.

• burt0r

I don't know what your broken leg has to with me or anything in this discussion but i still don't know which platform and if crossplay on or off since your experience seems to differ pretty hard from my own despite the regional close proximity server wise and similar playtimes.

• Cele
    Cele Member Posts: 63

I can kind of relate to this, with the exception that playing either side has become unbearable recently...

As killer, it's toxic survivors smurfing with their friends with rank 15 alt accounts while the rest are red ranks. As solo survivor it's just as bad, many killers are playing the camping and tunneling game, lately with trickster who seems to be the best hook camper now. There are several DCs happening during most of my survivor matches.

Not to mention that RCPD map is horrendous to play on, esp as Blight, Oni and Nurse.

I just want to have fun again :(

• maaadinsomniac

Try to connect it to the context and you will find how is it related, maybe, I have broken leg, so I don't go to work, so I'm closed home whole day, so I don't need to stick with sleep cycle everyday same, so I can play almost anytime, so I have experience from 00:00AM to 23:59PM, so I can tell that Survivors queue are not that long but Killers queues are really really long in my experince no matter what time is it.

And if you need to know which platform, it's Steam, on computer, X-play ON everytime and because I'm living in center Europe I was faced to players from Spain across to Russia.

Is it clear enough now?

And as you said you have insta lobbies as Killer around 9pm I'll set my alarm today at this time and I gonna try it, thanks for the information. Because I'm really bored to hold M1 or waiting for game as Killer for like 10 minutes.

Peace and have fun.

• SasukeKun

who the ######### alt accounts this game? is that a thing? I did see Nurse and Blight are kinda hard RPD in some spots

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,127

I'm failing to see what is actually toxic about a survivor escaping a killer by using loops and vaults, since that's a core part of surviving. It sounds more like a frustration with chases, so maybe what will help is looking to when to break chases, trying to isolate a few gens for a 3 gen scenario and being very unpredictable to keep them guessing. It takes practice, but it does work, and looping ultimately wastes the killer's time, especially on longer loops. Changing tact is a good way to keep the flow of the game unpredictably in your favour.

Again, with freeform builds, it is certainly possible to do well with them. You can bring Distressing and Thrill Of The Hunt in with no perk that they'd be useful with and still win. But again, it involves thinking about how best to play the round. I've won and lost to very skilled players with this, and the losses I can count to not just their skills, but errors on my behalf such as engaging in a chase for too long, or failing to be as territorial. If you master the mindgames behind perks, nearly any perk is useful, especially if the other side doesn't expect it!

I still remember one survivor claiming I was hacking when I found them in a very specific locker, when in fact Spies From The Shadows on the Game for once triggered a crow near that same locker!

It may be hard to do at times, but it's actually better to look at what you can do to improve your overall game. I'm still doing that now and focusing more on tactics than perks, and it is far more empowering to look at the experiences as opportunities to learn how to improve, rather than get angered by the other side - because you have no power to change their abilities. Focus on understanding where you can change the tide: which areas to lead survivors into; where to hook them; how to narrow the field of play. It's as much an ever-expanding canvas of art, as it is a playfield. I wish you well.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

You can only loop windows 3 times before it’s blocked? Most windows you can’t even loop that many times, try mindgaming it.

Survivors aren’t toxic for playing the game, vaulting a window in chase is literally as non-toxic as anything could be.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

What's toxic in what you just described? Just stop throwing this word all around place for no reason people it's not cool

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Moris should not be basekit as they are an excuse to tunnel still as they're useless otherwise, they are offerings for a reason. Looping is not toxic. That is like saying camping is toxic. Survivors are not going to stand still and let you hit them. And yes, they will finish gens and not leave them at 90 because of gen regression perks that are in the meta. They have to assume if the killer doesn't ruin then they have pop or other slowdown perks. Just because you haven't been running them doesn't mean the survivors know that.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Personally I feel that you are being unreasonable. Yes sometimes when you get that survivor that knows what they are doing, it’s a bit annoying that they can waste that much time on you.

However, saying it’s annoying shouldn’t discredit them for doing what they are suppose to, which is to waste enough time for generators to get repaired.

This is where you as a killer have to make a choice. Mine is usually waste a couple of their resources (pallets) and leave them immediately.

• WexlerWendigo

This is like saying:

Nothing but toxic killers, they keep injuring me instead of getting away in the chase.

• WexlerWendigo

Yeah it is you’re literally saying survivors are toxic for playing the game

• WexlerWendigo

You should try make a post that isn’t just ‘survivor bad’

also survivor queues are instant

• burt0r

And I will again and again point out that such bare statements about queue times are empty and useless without proper context.

For example i played killer (like always) on Monday evening in euw at 9pm on PC with X-Play on and didn't even have the time to pick an offering before getting a lobby.

Is this standard for everyone just from my experience? Hell no and I guess so is yours.

• WexlerWendigo

Not as useless as complaining about survivors vaulting.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

What are you even trying to say? I have read this multiple times and I fail to see how this connects to survivors being toxic.

Is survivors running tiles toxic or what?

Are you trying to make another US vs Them post and cause more problems? Because if you are please stop.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

There's a lot of diversity for killer perks. It depends on what you want though. Do you want a fun build or do you want an easy win? There's nothing wrong with either build. One is just for funsies while the other shows you mean business and want to win. The only difference is that fun builds take more effort to win with than optimal "win-the-game" builds. It doesn't make you "bad at the game" to run these builds. But it should also go without saying running non-meta against the meta makes things harder. Simple logic. Do you care about survivor fun? Yes? Then good for you! No? Have fun tearing them to shreds then! This game is about playing how you want, and complaining about how other people play only makes you more miserable. Not saying you can't have your complaints on it. I'm just saying its better to let go of it since chances are you also play the game how you see fit.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Survivors being chased it toxic while survivors standing still taking hits is non toxic then?

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Locked into certain builds? Nah. The build doesn't really matter. I'll throw the entire match to kill you if you piss me off.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I-

… why does any of this make Survivors toxic?

Nothing is toxic about DBD but the end game salt, otherwise people are just playing efficiently to win.

Please stop using that word loosely.

• SasukeKun

I am curious to see if that;s true what;s to come forward

• TroyXX
    TroyXX Member Posts: 69

Yo this guy is crying because he gets looped. That is apart of playing killer my dude, if you don't like it then play nurse so you don't have to deal with a main gameplay loop. Survivors aren't going to just sit there and let you kill them.