The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Don't be selfish & hoard cakes again please

CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Too many people were being selfish last week & I was barely seeing any cakes being used near the end of the event, but this time around there's even more of a reason to use cakes since the profit will be even greater. Please, think of the community & cough up the confectioneries.

Comments

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105

If i had cakes I would. Burned through most of mine sadly.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yep and I’ll use some during this and keep the rest until the next chapter. I can only have 1 million bp ready so I need to keep some to P3 the new survivor

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976
    edited July 2021

Sure, that could happen, but that survivor who wasnt able to do anything at all because they were camped and tunneled on hook would also get 25k.

Survivors are a team effort, it makes sense that points and emblems are based around that team effort. If Claudette survives long enough to get 25k by doing absolutely nothing, that means you didnt need her anyway.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75

Why should i do Something and a usless Team get rewarde?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I have 200 of them on Trickster. waiting for him to be viable at r1 before using them

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

If the killer JK LOL fake pallet hit thing is going to consistently happen during the event, there's a very good chance you'll see no cakes from me.

I can't play killer with that happening (without wanting to figuratively snap my disc in half) and all of my cakes are on killers so...

Sorry gang 😅

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Depends on if the games last 5 min with survivors wanting to just hammer gens with ######### map offerings. If I have a few games like that I'm not bringing cakes for that ######### to happen.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I have 90 cakes on trapper cause I was lvl him up during event. But not sure if I wanna be gen rushed hard as trapper and feed them with my cakes lol.

I guess I see how are matches going with my stronger killers and if people are chill and use their cakes, I will use them too.

If not, then sweaty Blight/Oni it is

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Excactly my point. Why get camped or left to die on hook and also reward those people with double bp. I keep them for swf just for that reason as well.

If I'd get matched with people of my skill level when playing solo, that'd be a different story. But giving those immersed Clauds or headless runaround chicken Survivors any extra BP is a big no no from my side.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Exactly lol nothing worse than getting 3 flashlight saves, getting chased the longest without going down, somehow doing 3 gens and dying because the randoms leave after I get hit by noed.

(This is so specific it's almost like it happened recently 😠)

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I shall horde them all I like, probably wait till mmr tbh lol. Still got like 500 4th year ones left. My offerings, my choice. Besides no one else uses them and when they are used people play so bad and throw the game rushing for point or they leave right away so you die on first hook... no thanks

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

If the killers dont play scummy again I'll bring them. The anniversary was a disaster and that's why no one was bring cakes. You brought a cake and the killer would camp you and tunnel you so you didnt get that much bp.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If i play the killer i'm leveling sure i'll use every cake i get.

If i feel like one match with a killer i'm not leveling anymore i'm not going to spend 50k+ bp to get an offering that gets me 33,6k at most.

You'll just have to deal with one less cake at that point.

Same with survivor and they didn't even have a cake in every bloodweb

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I don't play jane really at all but I had a cake. I invested some BP and was running blast mine. I brought the sole cake and managed to apply the BM and got grabbed because I was greedy about using it. Rank 20 doc with bought cosmetics, same ones I use, never took a step back after hooking me. Unhooker who didn't touch a gen got me off of there late second stage and was downed and quit before being hooked. 4500 with a cake and bloodhunt and 4 gens to go when i said screw it and stood still. He knew how to play and chose to be fun sucking on purpose. down 1 on last hook being tunneled by doc and 4 to go didn't feel worth the effort.

Nearly every time I bring a cake I get those kind of killers.

If they stay close enough to hook for the models to actually be able to do so why can't we fight back?

1 meter range 45 degrees from center either direction. Let us kick them in the face and unhook.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

So Killers can tunnel me five minutes into the game out of the trial? And Survivors can gen rush all five gens five minutes into a trial, like what every "five cake" game was?

Nah, I'm good fam

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

As soon as I know for sure that my ps isn't overheating during a game. Lost 4-5 cakes just because of that and refused to use them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Is x2 BP event is actual Double of what you get? Or just adding another 100%?

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

100%. So if you and the 4 others all play cakes that's 625% plus BBQ/WGLF makes it 725% best case scenario.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I don't have much on my survivors (20 levels to get a cake) but do have plenty on my killers so I will share those to help the cause. Your welcome.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Sorry but I am saving my cakes for Mr Mushwin so he can get points when he plays on the computer, different platform and he needs the BPs as I don't. Selfish perhaps I don't know, but if I have a bad game, there would go my own cake slices. I think people have different opinions and ideas of what they wish to do with their own cakes which they are spending their own hard earned BPs on.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,157

That doesn't seem right. If you do no work for your team, your BP should reflect that. Doing gens and progressing the game is definitely a team effort but you can choose to get out with your team or by yourself. So because you get tunneled and camped out, you want the 25k minimum, while a Claudette or Urban Evasion Nea get rewarded for ...what exactly? I'm fine with how it is, it can be improved but making it so ANYONE gets a good amount of BP, no matter how little they do for the team, isn't the right way to go about it IMO.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Kinda pin-worthy.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hope this gives you even just 0.1% more hope.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

I'm only running them when I have at least 2 friends with me or I'm playing killer. Too much risk of getting tunneled and camped or left on first hook in solo queue.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I genuinely have none left on any of the characters I like to regularly use.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

I burn cakes when I play with my friend so we can both get the benefit.

He's on Switch, which can't do cross-play right now. I'm on PS4. I'm too busy being bitter about not getting to play the event with him to burn cakes.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Well the devs need to stop being selfish and buff the BP gains

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I BARELY GOT ANY CAKES FROM THE BLOODWEB AND I'M SO DISAPPOINTED

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

I had like 50+ cakes on Cheryl and prestiged her because my brain likes to be empty in moments of critical consequence.

• Predated

Yeah, now imagine the same situation, BUT:

1. you gain 1k points for every generator finished
    2. you gain 500 bp for every heal
    3. you gain 300 bp for every chase
    4. you gain 3k bp in survival for being sacrificed first.

I really think facecamping and tunneling stops being an issue, if survivors who are being facecamped or tunneled are rewarded for the actions their teammates do. It would make those 5k bp moments on end screen much rarer unless people suicided on hook.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88

Sorry, don't think I got any cakes left to spare. But I could offer you some cheese to go with your whine?

• Predated

Again, if you are capable of gaining 25k with your teammate not doing #########, you're an absolute powerhouse of a survivor team that can face a killer in a 3v1.

And making it a pool doesnt mean you dont get solo points. If a blendette survives it to the end without doing anything, she would lose a pip.

It's not that big of an issue. And yeah, a survivor pool is literally the ONLY WAY to give someone who is being facecamped enough bloodpoints to be worth it.

I mean, seriously, you're literally complaining that rewarding survivors who are being facecamped and tunneled with extra bp is bad, because of that 0.001% amount of immersive blendettes.

Shit, that's like complaining about the current event, because it will give those players 2x more BP.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,157
    edited August 2021

Being a powerhouse and carrying a useless survivor isn't what I want to do though. This isn't a 3v1, this is a 4v1 game. I aint bout rewarding people who do jack [BAD WORD] all game but hide, or just farm hook saves for easy point while doing nothing else.

Yea but a blendette should depip as well as gain very little BP. I'm sorry but you seem to be entitled to the idea that facecamping should give you 20-25K BP minimum when...you sat on a hook? Why exactly do you think you deserve 20-25k for that? Why are you focusing on that and ignoring the other factor which is rewarding bad players with extra BP they shouldn't get?

I mean seriously, your whole point around sitting on a hook and being facecamped rewarding you BP is an excuse to ignore the other downside to your proposed solution. You will of course want your solution passed because it benefits you while you downplay/ignore the negatives to it. Its not 0.001% lol, there's plenty of players that pull that [BAD WORD] at purple/red ranks.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I'm on the switch. I'm not being greedy with my cakes, I'm just stuck in finding a match.

• MsGoddessLauren
    MsGoddessLauren Member Posts: 42

My Jane has over 164 cakes and at times I try to be nice and share them every now and then..but what makes me think twice about it is that I had matches to where the killer tunnels/camped/slug me which I be unable to do gens which if I do make it out alive,I end up with less points and/or I get left on hook and random "teammates" I get with end up not unhooking me which I end up dying or randoms would wait til I struggle to unhook me then of course the killer would be there. Last time I shared my bloody party streamers,I got into a match with trolls that teamed with a stupid killer that killed only me and Felix..

As much as I want to be nice but at times my kindness gets taken for granted..I just would rather hold onto my cakes/streamers unless I'm with my friends,I'm very sorry but my trust issues is very low

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Never gunna happen.

It's a 4v1 for a Reason, You get points for being a actual teammate. and not a claudette hiding in a corner 24 / 7

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

As soon as I heard about the bloodhunt I decided to save the rest of mine to use then.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Nope, sorry. When the next DLC drops I'll drop them.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Sorry, I’ll use them as killer but I’m saving them on survivor for when I play with my friends.

My last three solo survivor matches had a teammate who went down to deep wound because they didn’t mend (red rank survivor btw), a teammate that I actually watched crouch around the outside wall of the map with Bond (another red rank survivor), and a match with two afk teammates. I’m not running cakes for teammates that are either 10 years old or playing drunk, no offence to kids or drunkards.