Should intentionally D/Cing to give the last player the Hatch be considered an exploit/be prevented?

Options
Levitika
Levitika Member Posts: 216

Too many petty Survivors that are determined to get any sort of "win", at any cost, D/C to try and give the last player hatch. Should it either be a reportable offense for, as per definition, using an unintended-by-gameplay method to gain an unfair advantage, or should the Hatch not spawn/open when the second-to-last person DCs?

Should intentionally D/Cing to give the last player the Hatch be considered an exploit/be prevented? 61 votes

It should be considered an exploit
18%
GibberishAcromioRaptorrotasmusstang62RoboMojoMaxwellselflessneaGannTMHighwayCatalystGamerEzraplayhard 11 votes
There should be a preventative measure
55%
AdelooVolantConch1719TapeKnotJacoby2041SkeletalEliteMrPenguinUistreelAhoyWolfCritical_FishpejiiGlamourousLeviathanEmealCornHubSeannyD115Awkward_FiendElcopolloMadLordJackChurchofPigFrancesco044Dr_Emarald 34 votes
I'm delusional and think this is somehow fair, and won't actually give reasons why
26%
TerrorUnleashedToppingPanicRullisianonymous31337FobboBoobaJimboMasonDropdeadPiggyPSPHex_IgnoredShinVibingHigh5YourFaceMassaFroakieStinkyOrnsteinAnni3P4annySpudyguide 16 votes

Comments

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options

I feel like hatch should take 15-30 seconds to open if one of the last 2 survivors alive dc’s

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

If I remember right, they were supposed to add "husks" years ago to prevent it. Instead they added DC penalties. Then they disabled DC penalties because of their biggest broken promise and now a smaller broken promise has come back as well.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

But, I don’t know how the game would know if it was an intentional DC or just a crash/freeze.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

None of the above. I agree that it's not very sportsmanlike, but I don't know how they'd design a preventative measure, because the game can't judge intention the same way a person can.

Husks or bots are a possible solution, but you can also argue that that's unfair because it lets the killer farm stacks off an opponent who isn't really there.

I don't know what to do.

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm delusional and think this is somehow fair, and won't actually give reasons why

amogus

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    Options

IMO hatch should open 15-20 seconds after the DC.

Is DCing for hatch still a thing though? Last time it happened to me as a killer was before macmillan estate graphical update.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,736
    Options

I've just had it so many times where one survivor will purposely run me to the opposite side of the map and then dc or do it while in a hooking animation or successful hit animation or whatever and it's not fun. I don't like it (even if I'm the survivor getting rewarded from this) and it feels cheap. I don't think it should be bannable, but something needs to be done.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

It's not an exploit since the game lets you do it w/o any third-party software and it clearly isn't a bug. Therefore it shouldn't be bannable or reportable. BUT, it does give an unfair advantage to the final survivor who's still in the game, so it's a problem that has to be fixed. BHVR recently added bots to the game, which according to tutorial training matches really seem to be much smarter than most of my random teammates, so I don't see exactly why they still don't replace disconnecting survivors and killers, to be honest.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

i think this is a not that big of a problem, i almost never got into a situation where dc'ing came in clutch vs suiciding on hook. most of the time when it happens, the last survivor would have gotten the hatch even if the last survivor committed suicide.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2021
    Options

I don't think this needs to be tackled as its own unique problem- this really still just falls under the umbrella of players disconnecting during matches (albeit for a different reason).

Reinstating disconnection penalties solves this problem just as it should for players who think its a great idea to ragequit every match, or quit right at the beginning after everyone's loaded in because they didn't like the map. Players that DC don't earn any of the bloodpoints they accrued throughout the match (no matter how little or how much the number is) and we should again see players who do this too frequently get matchmaking suspension timers- 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 24 hours, etc.

In Rainbow Six Siege they dole out -50% renown gain as well, so players earn less throughout their matches. Hitting players where it hurts (their bloodpoints) and increasing the already insufferable grind would also be a pretty decent deterrent I think.

Besides this, I don't think any other extra precautions or penalties are necessary. These should be enough to penalize players who frequently and willingly decide to DC in their matches for whatever reason.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

I mean why tf not, we're helping out our teammates so yea, and even so, this is such a rare event that should it even be of concern?

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Options

I dont know and dont really care