How Often Do You Tunnel?

TerrorUnleashed
TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Be honest here, folks. I want to see these results legitimately...

How Often Do You Tunnel? 69 votes

Tier I - I don't ever tunnel.
5%
IcewhisperCleviteBoobaTricksters_Wife 4 votes
Tier II - I tunnel only rarely/under specific circumstances.
59%
White_OwlAdelooSeiko300TerrorUnleashedmaaadinsomniacTaigaGeneralVInsaneCoasterCritical_FishSadLegionEmeal[Deleted User]CornHubMaxwellAwkward_FiendElcopolloChurchofPigFrancesco044Jay_WhyaskAkito 41 votes
Tier III - I tunnel whenever a Survivor is being a toxic #########
13%
musstang62Dr_LoomisIsJustMeDoomedMindquazzi76Huge_BushViktor1853HaunterofShadowsGruul 9 votes
Tier IV - I sometimes rely on tunnelling.
13%
TapeKnotSkeletalEliteRoboMojoGlamourousLeviathanBigbubbabam270FobboPSPsyainCheekyLilGobbo 9 votes
Tier V - I tunnel quite often.
5%
anonymous31337RattiusRez_Marsielvixtox84 4 votes
Tier VI - I only tunnel.
2%
[Deleted User]Hex_Ignored 2 votes

Comments

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Something that makes me activate the tunnel-mode is people bodyblocking with BT. I always do my best not to tunnel people, but if they insist on getting hit I'll make sure to hit them again.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I don't really know which to pick out of the choices tbh, I'll tunnel sometimes but it's usually if gens are flying and there's a weak link in the group.

• TerrorUnleashed

Understandable and wholly relatable. If you're toxic, or if you want to be a pain in the ass, you'll get what is deserved.

• TerrorUnleashed

Then Tier II, I guess... 'Under specific circumstances'. And I acknowledge your playstyle there :D

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Yeah I thought maybe that one but the rarely threw me because when I'm up against the red rank sweats I've gotta pull tactics like that out more than I would like to tbh.

• TerrorUnleashed

Well, there is a slash (/), so you could just take it as a 'one or the other' type of deal. But yeah, I get what you mean.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Alot of survivors I come across run anti-tunneling & chase extending builds. Alot harder to win when they have the upper hand if I do decide to tunnel.

• TerrorUnleashed

Fair enough.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    edited July 2021

I tunnel whenever survivors give me an easy opportunity to do so. I respect DS, so i typically avoid tunneling. If they hop on a gen after unhook before healing, and i see it with Discordance / if they cleanse totem under my nose / if they heal themselves and they are in a deadzone then i will down them and pick them up. If i dont know for a fact that they disabled their DS, but they run into me for an easy down, i will leave them on the ground and go for survivors on gens.

Even if i know that they dont have DS active, but they are playing smart and go into strong loop areas away from generators, i will probably leave them be. My priority is to defend gens, and i hope that i will catch them later in a less safer area.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Tier I - I don't ever tunnel.

May seem like I'm lying, but I never do. Even if someone if body blocking with BT I'll just collide with them and go around to get whoever they're trying to protect. If I'm following after an unhook and I see two separate paths of scratch marks and I end up following the person that just got unhooked I walk away. If something accidental happens, like they jump through a window in front of me and startle me or just weird hitboxes cause me to "tunnel" and hit them again I'll just leave them on the ground to be picked up.

It's not that I'm afraid to be called a tunneler, but I play both sides so I try to make the game as enjoyable for everyone. Even if it's end game and tunneling will give me a kill I'd rather just take the L myself than tunnel or camp.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I hardly ever tunnel. I only do it when it’s the only play I could make. For example, it’s the end of the game and there’s only one survivor that’s injured. Obviously if I’m Bubba or Billy, then I don’t need to go after the injured survivor.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I'll only tunnel if somehow some way you piss me way the ######### off

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

The only time I tunnel on purpose is if a survivor is being just the biggest ######### in the world. Usually when I play killer I mess around and I don’t take it seriously, so you really have to be a dick to get me the tunnel you.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited August 2021
    Tier IV - I sometimes rely on tunnelling.

I tunnel if it makes sense too

If a survivor makes themselves an easy down after coming off the hook I will slug them but often not pick them up for easy pressure.

Survivors with keys, or if they are bodyblocking for the person who rescued them off the hook they are asking to be tunneled even if they are running DS.

When a survivor does something that would deactivate DS, I usually change target to them if they are closer to death than the alternative because they cannot have DS active even if they have it.

• Tier VI - I only tunnel.

Tunnel is fun

• ShinVibing
    ShinVibing Member Posts: 19

I will tunnel you If you try to body block with BT after I go to the unhooker, LIKE get the hELL OUT

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    edited August 2021

When i get gen rushed i like to tunnel or camp.

Sometimes you just have to...

Survivors should stop crying about tunneling or camping, they can bring DS.

Post edited by GamerEzra on
  • Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    • You get unhooked and immediately run back to my totem.
    • You go out of your way to stay near me until your BT runs out, instead of trying to get away.
    • I can't find the person who unhooked you.
  • Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Body block with BT, Gens are flying too fast and I need pressure, or I just don't like the cut of your gib.

It's also important for me to define what I'd qualify as tunnelling, as there's no hard definition. I intentionally gun for the same survivor time and time again. If I have to choose between 2 survivors on a gen though, and I choose the one closest to death, that's not tunnelling, that's just smart gameplay, at least it wouldn't be tunnelling if neither survivor is injured.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

...but that's only when it's viable. It feels good to snuff out some little twerp.

Then you have situations like "hook the obsession x amount of times". I don't like doing it, but I also don't like doing multiple matches for a single rift challenge

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180
    edited August 2021

During the EGC collapse, if a survivor is freed of the hook and is running for the exit gates, I cannot imagine anyone not tunnelling, unless they had just given up on the trial.