So are killers supposed to be balanced around powers?

Options
So with Nurse's calling no longer synerizing with Freddy, and Doctor, and also Legion, done, iirc, to help balance doctor, I am wondering if it's the standard for all killers?
To be able to be played naked, i guess would be the term and still worth using. 

Perks are left to work like they do on survivors. To synergize with the play style of the gamer instead of being necessary for the killer to be useful at all.

Addons enhancing the power, but the power is still supposed to be good.

That said, if it is indeed the case, then Legion is in dire meed of help, imo. 

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    (NC has never synergized with Freddy BTW.)
    The problem with the Legion is that survivors cannot escape from them (theoretically).
    They don't need a buff, but a complete rework. They are like a combination of the Pig and Freddy. (Countdown timer + tunnel). 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    popoles said:
    The problem with the Legion is that survivors cannot escape from them (theoretically).
    They don't need a buff, but a complete rework. They are like a combination of the Pig and Freddy. (Countdown timer + tunnel). 
    I thought NC worked with snap out of it? 

My last few games with Legion blew that theory out of the water. 
    Legion is very escapeable if the survivors know what they're doing.

I would not say legion needs a complete rework. The idea is sound. Legion seems to be ambush and chase oriented.
    The execution of the idea needs serious work. 

Legion needs more stamina, and maybe some higher speed overall at least in frenzy mode. Or maybe a reduced terror radius. Probably a reduced terror radius. It's not like people are at all scared of them.

Pig works because she hides her terror radius. This allows getting closer to set up a strike. 

It's like the large cats. A cheetah, for instance. They have to get close before initiating their chase because they get gassed quick. That means they sneak close, then strike. 
    Pig is good at that.
    Legion isn't because they announce themselves in advance. 
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited December 2018
    Options
    popoles said:

I would not say legion needs a complete rework. The idea is sound. Legion seems to be ambush and chase oriented.

Legion needs more stamina, and maybe some higher speed overall at least in frenzy mode. Or maybe a reduced terror radius. Probably a reduced terror radius. It's not like people are at all scared of them.

Pig works because she hides her terror radius. This allows getting closer to set up a strike. 

It's like the large cats. A cheetah, for instance. They have to get close before initiating their chase because they get gassed quick. That means they sneak close, then strike. 
    Pig is good at that.
    No no, I wrote Freddy. Some people said that NC worked on survivors that were being woken up, but that's not true. 

Did you try the strategy where you follow them backwards, so the chase won't initiate?
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    popoles said:
    popoles said:

Pig is good at that.

Did you try the strategy where you follow them backwards, so the chase won't initiate?
    The fact this has to be done to make the power viable is a huge give away of the issues
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    popoles said:
    popoles said:

Pig is good at that.
    No no, I wrote Freddy. Some people said that NC worked on survivors that were being woken up, but that's not true. 

Sorry, i meant Wake up, not Snap out of it.
    Got the wires crossed.

I have a rough time catching people who know what they're doing while facing forward.
    Moonwalking after them through junglegyms, and over obstacles is a bit much for me right now.

These people know what killer I am, then set about staying at the edge of my terror radius, and burn exhaustion perks to keep me far away. 
    Legion is like a cheetah wearing sleigh bells. 
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options
    Legion is like a cheetah wearing sleigh bells. 
    Where is that LOL button?!!