Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What sight makes you instantly dodge a lobby?

Title. I've been playing this game for a super long time (approaching 3,000 hours around now) and im certainly no stranger to lobby dodging. over the years i've sort of narrowed my insta-dodges to a pretty small select few things that i refuse to play against. (For my own personal fun, most of the time.) The one thing that has remained consistent throughout all my years though is 2 things. Legacy players and 4 stacks. I don't think i have ever accepted a match against a 4stack swf or a legacy. Undeniably i am a bit of a coward, but i really hate sweating in this game so i try to go for casual lobbies. Whats your instant lobby dodge?

Comments

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Keys, 3+ toolboxes, and highly colored and offensive to the eye cosmetics because they just want your attention, clickingtheir flashlight at you so you chase them and they are usually really hard to mindgame and catch (example : Dwight with gift box top, bicycle head and jingle pants)

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

Twitch tv surviors bad ping and 3 console players in my lobby a survivor i never had good expirence in this scenario

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I can understand the keys and toolboxes, but cosmetics?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2021

3 tooboxes and a key is the equivalent of holding a sign saying:

"I don't want to play with you just want to waste your time."

As lets be honest those games usually are just a waste of time and if they clearly don't want to play against me then I won't play against them.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

As a survivor I AVOID ...

Bald Dwights . . . they always run the killer right to me and do nothing all match. They pull you off the hooks also at the worst possible time ALL the time. I avoid them.

Duos of Zarina and Elodie in their Xmas pajamas. They're always bad and never assist. They just want to find hatch and DC when their friend dies.

I also have a little bit of PTSD with Bunny Fengs. If there is 2 of them in a lobby I feel very hesitant not to leave. It was probably the same two but I've had instances where these two Bunny Fengs just pretend they are taking me off hook but never do until the killer sees them.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

As survivor: If the other 3 seem like swfs I usually dodge because half the time they try to get me killed and/or leave me. More of the people who have intentionally sandbagged me have been swf than not. And they always ######### talk in the endgame chat

As killer: If they have 4 medkits and look like they know what they're doing I might dodge. Flashlights though I don't really care because they usually try to blind the back of my head, unless I'm playing Nemesis then I might because I don't want all my zombies getting ######### up

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

gonna be honest nothing

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Personally, none. I use the minute that one of them not readies Up to check profiles of non X-Play players and wait to see if anyone last second switched but other than that have i never in my 300 hours dodged any lobby.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

well like i wrote in the parenthesis : those survivors are usually really good and if you make the error of chasing them they will just run you the entire match, if you don't they will either follow you and spam their flashlight or vault over and over to make sound, basically they are annoying.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88

4 exactly identical looking survivors. With the variety of survivor types/characters and cosmetics available, that smells too much of a troll SWF gang.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Unless my ping is bad, nothing.

• dbdgamer123
    dbdgamer123 Member Posts: 104

Legacy players with above 7k hours.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Everyone with the same skin and sometimes key + 3 medkits or toolboxes. The ammount of time i've been unironically accused of "tunneling" people that share skin is ridiculous.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I never dodge a lobby, and I probably never will. Because I don't really have any reason to :)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

High ping.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

As a survivor its more than one Meg in the lobby. I'm sorry to any competent Meg players here, I don't mean to offend, but in my experience the majority of Meg players are total potatoes.

As a killer it would be keys. I really don't feel like equipping Franklins and then having to babysit the key to make sure they don't snatch it back.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

One survivor with a map, and another with a key. Sure, there MIGHT be a possibility it’s just a green map, and a broken key using aura add ons. But we all know more often than not it’s a SWF using Rainbow Map with a range add on and Crystal Bead, and the other survivor is using either a purple or iridescent key, so they can coordinate a hatch escape.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I find megs usually have a flashlight and do NOTHING BUT run behind every single chase that occurs. “Could you please do some gens please Meg, ya idiot”

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
  • Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited August 2021

Can't dogde ping anymore as i have always the same good ping.

What i can dogde is keys, on both sides. If i'm surv and i have the feeling another surv tries to quickswitch, i just equip a key and ready up. When the countdown hits 00:06, i re-equip it. Works 95%. ^^

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

Sometimes if my Spidey sense goes off I'll check a steam profile. If I see a VAC ban on a player, I'm out.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

The concentration of weakness in this thread is insane.

On topic - 200+ ping.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

As survivor: Keys

As Killer: Keys

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Three letters: TTV

I don't want my killer game on any streams.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Aw I find exactly them to be quite interesting. Of course given that I don't care and play for BP and to entertain survivor on the side.

It is always fun to see, afterwards in their stream, at what point they get that i don't even try to kill them or if they think that they legitimately "stomped" me.

Last time was during the anniversary when i started zooming around the map and directly by a few survivor together at a gen and even then they were suspicious XD

It was swamp and later I circled around killer shack right in front of the door during rage and they were still scared.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I do dodge a few things...

As survivor:

• New/clearly inexperienced players at red ranks. I don't want to play with someone with 30hrs.
    • Racists (there have been some in pre-game lobby chat)

As killer:

• Cocky names, especially if they have a flashlight or in a SWF. Like "Try catching me" or whatever. I'd rather not go against cocky survivors flashlight clicking at me whilst simultaneously actually being good at the game. Perhaps I could still "win" but it wouldn't be fun. I've had my fair share of that in the past and don't want flashbacks.
    • Streamers. Particularly ones with lots of viewers or known for being toxic or for some reason thinking every player has something against them. Casually find the same streamer a couple of times in a game? Must be a dirty tunneler, stream sniper, toxic, no fun try hard killer main. I'd basically rather not be judged for 10 full mins and put in a negative light.
    • Key(s).
  • Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I don't dodge lobbies too often, but when I do it's usually because they have a filthy username.

I also might dodge if the other 3 survivors are identical. I think they might be a swf and likely won't be helpful. For example, many swfs will run to save their teammates, so I won't getting any saving points. Sometimes they'll purposely lead the killer to me, to make themselves safe. And when it's my turn to go on the hook, they'll be far away, healing each other and working on gens. So, as a solo survivor, I prefer not to play with swfs.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

If 3+ survivors have flashlights. 2 I can deal with, but 3 or 4 and I'm out

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

.TTV user names

Sure, some stink but all are toxic players.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

As killer, bad ping or 4x toolboxes or 4x keys.

As survivor, bad ping or sniping a certain streamer and ending up in his lobby. I am never facing him ever again.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

Bad ping or anything that indicates farming

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Bad latency, and that's it.

It's actually the one thing I should check more often before just clicking ready and waiting for the match to start while tabbed out. I don't want to have high latency and I don't want to go against players with high latency either, it just makes it less enjoyable for everyone involved and MOST of the time matchmaking does a good job not giving me that kinda lobby. But sometimes it does happen.

I don't care about anything else than that.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

4 prestige 3 blendettes

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

You can check ping in the lobby?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Bad ping

Matching names

All on the same platform

Multiple of the same survivor

Legacy

Prestige

Has more than 500 hours

Private profiles

Brightly-coloured hair

Masks

Sexually explicit usernames

Keys

Flashlights

Medkits

Maps

Toolboxes

Firecrackers

Not readying up within 15 seconds

Readying up then unreadying

Switching characters

Switching cosmetics

Giving me or the other survivors funny looks

Plotting against me in pre-game chat (I have to guess this one obviously)

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    edited August 2021

As survivor: obvious swf team mates, key, 3 blendettes, 3 console players, default megs/neas

As killer: keys, 3 toolboxes, 4 blendettes

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Quad Blendettes

i'd rather play lobby simulator then play "walk into bushes like a idiot and pray you find someone as they do all the gens while never once being found" simulator

• Big_Trash_Panda
    Big_Trash_Panda Member Posts: 72

As Killer

1) Keys - No further explanation required

2) Streamer SWF with a toxic attitude (eg if they win, gg ez killer get good, if they lose, killer didn't play by the survivor rule book and is worse than hitler and we will talk ######### about them to the end of time) Wow who wouldn't want to sign up for that deal !!!

3) Blendettes - The power of invisibility of the bush is OP

4) Shirtless David - His raw sex appeal makes me question my hetrosexuality.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

Yea I feel you on this. I don’t have good experiences with Megs who have her year 1 & 2 cosmetics. Not sure if her Tennis skirt falls in those years but I don’t see good Megs wear that. I don’t like to discriminate but geez there are a lot of bad Meg players who should have never made it to red ranks.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

For dodging a lobby before a match starts? Lol

For me its simple, bad pings, keys or a gut feeling that the team will be bad.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I actually had a killer kind of reference #4 for me lol I wear shirtless skin + lifeguard shorts and the other day a killer said in end game chat I was too distracting cause I was so sexy lol. But as a shitless david main, when I'm killer I feel bad killing them because they look too cute (exceptions are made if I'm trying to adept especially on killers I hate or not good at - sorry to the 2 davids when I adepted trickster :/)

For me, it's rare I dodge I guess, but if I'm not really in the mood I'll dodge a lobby of 4 flashies. I try to not let a lot of things get to me though and if I dodge a lobby it probably says to me, I should start taking a break

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Any streamer who is Live.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I forgot about a few of the ones you mentioned. If they're acting bizarre in the pre-game lobby, then I might dodge. For example, readying and unreadying in rapid succession over and over. Or filling the chat box up with nonsense... those can be red flags for odd behavior in game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I usually don't have any signs that make me dodge a lobby. If I see 4 survivors with keys/flash lights and they are obviously a swf. I equip franklins and watch them die trying to pick up their precious keys. It's like Golem after he loses the ring. "Lost!!!!! My precious is lost!"

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

As killer: Key

As survivor: Pre-game chat, can be a good red flag for a bad game

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

When im playing killer I usually dodge the lobby when someone has a I hate blight or I hate spirit, or I hate nurse I dodge the lobby

then queue back up to it as fast as I can as the killer depicted by their name and sometimes I even get back into the lobby

totally worth it

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

As killer, I dodge lobbies only if I'm doing some specific mission.

As solo, I dodge whenever I see some matchmaking ######### ery. Such as teammates with below 100h. Yes, that happened a lot lately.