Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How you you feel about candyman?

2»

Comments

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I'm open to the chapter i do like candyman

However there are other licences i am more enthusiastic about: Alien, Until Dawn, etc.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
  • kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I like him! I wouldn't mind if he WAS the killer but I personally would rather someone else! But I still don't mind if he's the killer :)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Ok nice I would love to move to Australia if I could seems such a lovely country. Oh well I was probably wrong then about Candymans fame.

• Chaotyx
    Chaotyx Member Posts: 31

One of my faves, the first movie is classic. I'd love a cosmetic that matches his appearance in the book too, where it's an evil looking Willy Wonka, that would he hilariously amazing.

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

I love the movies and would totally be happy to see him in DbD. But I’d certainly like to see him more than anything from Five Nights.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I think he'd be fun. And he better have something with bees.

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134

not the bees

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

He'd be a cool killer and totally belongs in DBD. And he's coming real soon. 😉

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited August 2021

I'm just going to wait for it to be something no one predicted

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

Yes, but why? I mean he was low tier horror for me/us back in the days, everybody cared about the big ones but candyman... his VHS tapes were low demand in the video rentals

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

That's how cult classics works. They become more popular way after their initial release.

"A film with a cult following, obscure or unpopular with mainstream audiences, and often revolutionary or ironically enjoyed."

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Seems like a bad addition in my opinion. The reason being is that I watched the movie and had the same opinion shortly after it started to when it ended. Knockoff Freddy Krueger. Now any time I think of Candyman I think of that meme of a kid asking his mother for Nightmare on Elm Street, his mother saying we have Freddy at home. Freddy at home: Candyman.

He doesn't even have a good origin story like Freddy, who was a murderer of children. Candyman was murdered for sleeping with a white woman during that time when racism was at an all time high in America, black people were enslaved and killed for literally anything. How and why he attached a hook to his severed limb after he died is a mystery and the way you call him is the old bloody Mary chant in a mirror. But oh no, if you try to disprove his existence to the public he's gonna come get ya because he can't come back if people don't remember him! Sound familiar? Why is he even killing people?

Why people want this knockoff Freddy in the game is beyond me but it does serve as a fine example that this community just wants literally everyone added into the game as Killer. Where's the thread requesting the PuRpLE TeLeTuBbY be added to the game?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Damn.. just because you are not a fan of Candyman doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve to be in DbD. And comparing him to a teletubby is just beyond ridiculous..

of course he has similarities with Freddy Krueger, but there is enough that stands out unique for Candyman and in the end you could probably make such cases for every slasher killer being a copy of someone else (Jason, Michael Myers and Ghostface come to mind as being very very similar).

Candyman is a Horror cult classic, if you like it or not, Tony Todd made him legendary with his performance as far as I heard, he has enough going on to make him unique (hook hand, bees, mirrors, Tony Todd’s voice).

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Knock off Freddy Krueger? I like Freddy, but his OG story is so much worse. That comparison doesn't make too much sense

Freddy killed kids for.... what? What reason? He just does it to do it. His reasons for why he did it were explained AFTER HE MADE A DEAL instead of before. Freddy just killed because he wanted to. Then vowed to get revenge on the families that killed him. That's fine. Candyman was a victim of racial prejudice, which, yeah. You can say that's just a cheesy starter to a start of a movie, but better than "lol, I'm so random and have different ways how I do things." 2010 Freddy was at least better explaining his story more before he became a dream demon, while OG Freddy had so many changes and different effects that just feels so confusing and whacky. GeneralV can explain this much better than I can for they are a huge fan of the series, but I don't want to tag them since I don't want to drag them into this.

I won't lie, Candyman's third movie was really bad, but the first and second were good and explained a few things, unfortunately they moved the location of the main area of the movie to a different city and state. But it was at least almost the same, as for why he has a hook for a hand, that was apart of his torture that was explained towards the end of the second movie. They also mentioned briefly that they sawed off his hand, so they just jammed the hook into the bloody stump to make it hurt constantly, the hook has some weight, so can you imagine having a bloody stump support the weight of the hook? You can also see how it looks like it's nailed into the flesh as well.

Also, how did you say how he died is a mystery if you explained that he died to racial prejudice. But, I'll explain it quick, he was tortured by a near by apiary, so they slathered Candyman's chest with honey so that the bees fed on his chest while he was alive, then why he was dying they joked about his death by calling him Candyman, Candyman vowed for revenge. The only similarities I could possibly see with him and Freddy is that they can't be seen by anyone else and they both had vowed for revenge. But, that's a very common trope used by most horror movies. Hell, Jason vowed to kill anyone that trespasses the camp ground and sought revenge against his mother's killer.