Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you have fun in DBD?

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

For me it usually involves a lot of alcohol as it helps take the sting off being steamrolled over and over 😄. I love using different builds. Granted most of the time it doesn't usually give me a win, but I hate relying on the same meta builds over and over.

My latest fun build for survivor is something I dub "The Hex Destroyer". I combine Small Game and Counteforce. Simply put, I got tired of getting hit with NOED in the end game because my teammates didn't cleanse any totems, so I decided to take it upon myself to make sure that doesn't happen. And honestly, I've been having a lot of fun with it! YOUR HEX IS NO LONGER SAFE FROM ME!

Comments

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Making a great save play for a teammate always feels good!

When the stars align and Breakout / Sabotage pays off!

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Whenever I try my hardest not to get tilted at the game and to try to enjoy it, that’s when I enjoy it the most.

• SweetTerror
  • SweetTerror

Nemesis's reach with his fist is crazy strong! It's almost like that was intentional because BHVR knew how frustrating his power can sometimes be.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,969

I don't play to win

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Just be warned, the stars really have to align for it to work and mostly you just wasted two perks, lol!

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Totems are fun to get rid of! Each hex totem gives you 1500 BP. Doing 2 hex and 3 dull gives you 6000 BP on objective

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I just mess around. I had a really great game today against a Demogorgon where all four of us survived and opened the exit gates and just messed around until the end game collapse timer killed us all.

Another we just had people messing around on Ormond but I was trying to do rift junk so I just played normally.

If it's a sweat game or I can't find a generator I just get into a chase. I'll either die and move on to the next game or my shenanigans will occupy the killer until the gens get done.

If I'm playing as killer unless I'm trying to do something very specific I generally play with my food and try my best to get 12 hooks and 12 chases. If you die that's usually your own fault. I'm just messing around.

• SweetTerror

Sometimes it can be hard not to sweat, especially when you're getting wrecked in a match! But I try to let it go and just enjoy the match, which immediately can sometimes be easier said than done.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

I usually have the most fun being as toxic as possible to the Killer. His life as a Killer is already a living hell, so for me to teabag him at every waking moment, be it at every pallet, during his BBQ after he hooks a different Survivor or just doing it right out in the open it usually ends with them tunneling the ever loving crap out of me and even if they manage to kill me it tends to be way too late to do anything. So they'll probably de-pip and leave much more frustrated while I just sit there with a smug grin because I had nothing but fun. Welp, time for another lobby!

• SweetTerror

Dude that's horrible! LOL Playing killer is hard and sweaty enough!

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I play how I want and ignore how others want me to play. I use what ever perks I wish even the bad ones and enjoy myself lmao.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I have the most fun going for Head On plays. Once in a blue moon I manage to save someone off the Killer's shoulder with it! It might be the best feeling in the game.

• SweetTerror

Good for you! Yeah for some reason there's an unwritten rule book to this game that drives people off the wall when you don't adhere to it. I try to have fun, but admittedly it's hard when generators fly or more experienced killers wipe the floor with you.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901
    edited August 2021

I find that you can make some pretty crazy combos in this game haha. I used Fire up and Overwhelming presence and believe it or not both perks came into crutch 😂

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited August 2021

Lately, honestly, I don't have fun playing this game. I've taken months long breaks before but at this point I'm wondering why I bother to come back to the game at all.

Its funny too that you're running Small Game because I used to always run it and they nerfed it so I stopped.

• SweetTerror

That's why I run Counterforce. It shows exactly where the next totem is, and thanks to Small Game I can find it easily without spending a ridiculous amount of time looking for it.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Laughing at misfortunes, including my own. The funniest are when they’re completely out of anyone’s control.

I also love making sure my characters are well-dressed, and/or aesthetically pleasing before the trial. Something about showing off cool outfits are fun to me.

Lastly, I stopped taking this game seriously for.. serious reasons, lol. When there’s too many gameplay errors, bugs, and frame-rate issues going on for so long, you’d eventually just stop taking DBD seriously.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    edited August 2021

I close the application and watch dbd YouTube videos instead.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Picking good ol' Bubba and camping the first hook. For all the frustration, for all those toxic SWF survivors, for all the crap I've been through. The most relaxing moments in the game as the killer.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Lately its been farming in d2.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Random Perk Builds. Those and chest build are my addictions in this game.

And a lot of water. Water helps a lot.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I just like feeling the fantasy with my killers. I like to put myself on the killer's perspective and go hunting those pesky survivors that got into my land.

I am a chemist irl, so sometimes I like throwing toxic gas bottles as The Clown. In another moment, I like to pretend that I am an enraged ghost as The Spirit.

I know that this comment made me sound like a murderer, but I am actually pretty chill.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I don't

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

By seeing every trial as a mini- movie, whereby I play the role I assigned myself to. Once one trial ends (whatever the result) it's forgotten, the movie has ended and the next will be a new one.

Also, each trial is an opportunity for me to learn, and there's always something new to learn. Even if it's against for rank 1 swf's, it's an opportunity to observe how well they play and also figure out how to improve the mistakes. Seeing it as an opportunity to perfect the playstyle is welcome.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

I exclusively play stoned. It's often to my detriment but it stops me from getting tilted during particularly hard games :P

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

I don't. Not anymore.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't really have a method, i just play how i want and i have fun.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

"That's the neat part, you don't".

• SweetTerror

This is very true. When you play a game that is well known to have game breaking bugs and poor matchmaking, you have to stop getting pissed (especially with yourself) and accept the fact that you're playing a broken game.

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

You dont.