Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can I get a refund for the cosmetics I bought for old character models?

Cause like when I bought them they were aesthetically pleasing whereas now they are disgusting. Either that or give the original better looking character models back like poor Jake and Ace and Feng what the hell did you do to them? Also what the hell did you do to Nea's blue and white DLC hair why did you change it? I OWN that hair you can't just go changing things I bought cause you personally think you should. That's stealing.

Comments

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139

Or at the very least vandalism.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

They can change whatever the hell they please. Stated direclty in the EULA you agreed to, BHVR holds the rights to remove, update, or change any cosmetic in the game, and you are not liable to a refund if you dislike these changes. Shoulda read the EULA my man.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Heh.

You don't own anything you buy online. That's the beauty of licensing laws.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

No, the terms of service basically tell you to f*uckin deal

• Ashreave

Actually under Australian law I could probably supersede that as unlawful. Espeacially given most online "agreements" are made after purchase and therefore are not actually legally binding. But that's beside the point. When the character models look hideous and the designers need to be shamed. You can have your silky haired Tumblr Jake if you must but at least give me the default skins as a "classic" option or something. Feng has gone from fashionista to gremlin Jake has been possessed by an E-Boy Ace has had Anime And Silicone injected into his eyes. Nea's best hair no longer looks any good, Yui looks like she's taken drugs...I could go on.

• Ashreave

My dad gets the cat to click agree cause it's not recognised as a person under law.

• Ashreave

But ya'll are missing the main point which is that the character designs were fine and whoever decided to change then so drastically should not have been encouraged so much to do whatever they wanted with established characters. Like they even changed Yui's face and she ain't even that old...giving her chubby cheeks was a terrible design decision by the way. It's like they did not even try to keep the original flavour of the characters Jake looks like he's never even been outside let alone chosen nature over people.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668

"My dad gets the cat to click agree"

In other words your dad is using the cat as a means to agree with the terms and conditions.

• Ashreave

And why does Feng's fringe swallow her eyes? Why did they give her such a strong jaw line when it's obvious the heartshape face was the appeal? Why did they give Yui of all people a rounder face? Why is Jake rocking Leon Kennedy levels of silky hair? Whose decision was any of this utter nonsense? And how can I insentivise BHVR to cease it?

• Ashreave

Also why did they get rid of Ace's sketchiness and weak chin and replace it with Anime Eyes? That skeeviness was not a case of bad modelling it was a conscious artistic choice! Can I just say whoever made these decisions? Artistically you are boring and repetitive and presumptuous and you probably got your job as a result of nepotism. You University Art Teacher was right to tell you the Manga style was hurting your art and that your pictures of the same pretty women were all soulless. Because beauty is not perfection beauty is a cultivated tight rope between perfection and imperfection and you have failed spectacularly to uphold that balance. Now kindly install an option to go back to playing with the superior old designs so I can go back to not recoiling in revulsion everytime I see what your callous disregard for the characters has done to them

• Ashreave

In all seriousness though seeing the characters I love defaced so carelessly like this is profoundly depressing and I don't have the heart to play the game while things are this way. I'm going to uninstall it and re-install Dark Souls...Dark Souls would never betray me like this.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

As stated by the game's EULA:

You can read the rest here: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula

Dbd is a live game and subjected to change, this is something you accept the moment you agree with the EULA.

This discussion has been closed.